Author Topic: Films  (Read 211462 times)

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
Re: Films
« Reply #1300 on: February 01, 2020, 04:22:31 PM »
Catch me if you can. The 2002 version with Leo di Caprio and Hanks T.

Had never heard of it but the youngest was home for a night and we watched it. Thoroughly enjoyably excellent.

It's actually one of my all time faves. I absolutely love that film.

Finally managed to watch Two Popes last night, wasn't necessarily what I expected, but I really enjoyed it. Out of interest, did Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce actually know the lines in the various languages?

We walked past Pope Francis' barbers when we were in BA. Naturally was mentioned on the free walking tour we took  ;D

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -201
« Reply #1301 on: February 13, 2020, 07:25:48 PM »
Parasite. OMFG. Just a crazy film like nothing we've seen before. Our youngest recommended it last night and was desperate to learn what we thought, texting 5 or 10 minutes before it had finished. She then asked for marks out of 10 and I said 7 or 10, still deciding. I can understand it winning the Palm D'Or but best film Oscar was surprising. It was very good and I do recommend it to others. Just go in with an open mind and you'll need to because it's going to paint some interesting new pictures on you. It hits on many different levels, some of which we don't notice until someone else tells us. Don't read critics reviews in advance. I'm pleased I didn't but will definitely seek them out now. It's wild, and very well acted.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -201
« Reply #1302 on: February 15, 2020, 09:09:30 AM »
For Sama. An incredible film, Oscar-nominated. We can be guilty of thinking that Syria is far away and forgetting about the human cost. This brings it front and centre and smacks us right in the soul. Despite the horror of reality that is in every pore of this docu-drama, it's an eerily beautiful film. Sama is a gorgeous baby, Waad the mother probably the most beautiful woman I've ever seen but the courage of them all and the work that Hamed performs in unfathomably horrific conditions is a phenomenal testament to the human spirit. You think you've got problems? Check this out. Humanity at its best and worst. Gripping, moving, tragic and beautiful all in the same 96 minutes.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Goldie03

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 40
« Reply #1303 on: February 15, 2020, 01:26:17 PM »
For Sama. An incredible film, Oscar-nominated. We can be guilty of thinking that Syria is far away and forgetting about the human cost. This brings it front and centre and smacks us right in the soul. Despite the horror of reality that is in every pore of this docu-drama, it's an eerily beautiful film. Sama is a gorgeous baby, Waad the mother probably the most beautiful woman I've ever seen but the courage of them all and the work that Hamed performs in unfathomably horrific conditions is a phenomenal testament to the human spirit. You think you've got problems? Check this out. Humanity at its best and worst. Gripping, moving, tragic and beautiful all in the same 96 minutes.

This!

Utterly heartbreaking to watch, incredible film