Author Topic: Films  (Read 155235 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -191
Re: Films
« Reply #1260 on: August 18, 2019, 08:08:26 PM »
I went to the cinema the earliest I'd ever been this week. 11 a.m. screening of Once upon a time in Hollywood on the day of release. Loved it. Tremendous acting by Brad Pitt and Leo DiCaprio.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #1261 on: August 20, 2019, 09:10:01 AM »
I went to the cinema the earliest I'd ever been this week. 11 a.m. screening of Once upon a time in Hollywood on the day of release. Loved it. Tremendous acting by Brad Pitt and Leo DiCaprio.

Looking forward to seeing this one. Even though this is the first positive account of it I've heard! I know 3 people who've seen it and none of them liked it. I just can't see me not enjoying a work of Tarantino's.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #1262 on: August 20, 2019, 09:31:07 AM »
The Hateful 8 was a big disappointment for me but if it's any help, my 17 year old went with her mates on the night of release and my oldest daughter went to see it in Rotterdam at the weekend and they both liked it too so there's three positive accounts albeit from the same family. I can't imagine anyone other than a moron giving it a negative. Specifically, they'll be complaining that there wasn't a beginning, middle and end, like a traditional storyline. But since when did QT follow fashion. You'll love it.

Offline minijc

• Captain
  • Rating: -184
« Reply #1263 on: August 20, 2019, 01:12:55 PM »
I watched The Hateful Eight on a flight home from vegas/Mexico trip, thought it was alright enough but I'm not really a film person.
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #1264 on: August 20, 2019, 02:31:10 PM »
The Hateful 8 was a big disappointment for me but if it's any help, my 17 year old went with her mates on the night of release and my oldest daughter went to see it in Rotterdam at the weekend and they both liked it too so there's three positive accounts albeit from the same family. I can't imagine anyone other than a moron giving it a negative. Specifically, they'll be complaining that there wasn't a beginning, middle and end, like a traditional storyline. But since when did QT follow fashion. You'll love it.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Hateful 8 although again I know of a fair few who didn't. If it's as good as that I'll be delighted.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #1265 on: August 20, 2019, 04:39:02 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed The Hateful 8 although again I know of a fair few who didn't. If it's as good as that I'll be delighted.

The Hateful 8 had some good bits for sure but I was probably expecting too much, with QT having produced some of my favourite films of all time, Pulp Fiction being the best. I thought Jackie Brown was vastly underrated and that plus Django and Inglorious - in no particular order - would be included in my all-time top 5.

This one was better than Hateful but not in my top list. It was gripping entertainment for the whole 2 hrs 40. And stay to the very end, past the credits. It's worth it...

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 12
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #1266 on: August 25, 2019, 02:28:06 PM »
I watched Best Of Enemies last night, Sam Rockwell is in it, I enjoy his work.

It's based on a true story, CP Ellis, former exalted cyclops of the KKK & Ann Atwater, a civil rights activist. I'd recommend it, thoroughly enjoyed it to be honest.
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.