Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Celtic v Aberdeen

No fear as Dons push for cup glory

Lee fired up for replay mission

By Andrew Moir

Published: 18/03/2008

DONS striker Lee Miller today insisted that Celtic don’t scare them.

Aberdeen travel to Parkhead for tonight’s Scottish Cup quarter-final replay.

Despite a disappointing domestic season, Miller reckons the Dons are primed to send Gordon Strachan’s Hoops crashing out of the cup and march on to the last four.

“We believe we can beat Celtic tonight and we don’t fear them at all,†said Miller.

“The week before the first Scottish Cup match we played particularly well at Ibrox, where we could have gone two or three goals in front.

“We followed that up by going really close to beating Celtic so our two recent performances against the Old Firm have filled us with hope.

“We more than matched Celtic at Pittodrie, only to be hit by a very late sucker punch from Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.

“And although we haven’t done that well at Parkhead this season we’ve got to look at this as an opportunity to put that right.â€

Miller, who refused to discuss his contract situation, has already enjoyed past success at Celtic Park.

And he’s hoping for more joy in Paradise tonight as he has his sights fixed on winning the Scottish Cup.

He added: “I have had some good results at Parkhead during my career and it would be great to add another one to my collection with Aberdeen.

“When I was at Hearts we beat Celtic 2-0 and I scored one goal and created another.

“I’ve also drawn 3-3 when I was at Dundee United and I’ve always enjoyed playing at Parkhead.

“It’s a great arena to perform in and the pitch is conducive to good football.

“It was disappointing the way the first match ended but this is another chance for us as well.â€

Miller will again come up against Celtic’s physical stoppers Stephen McManus and Gary Caldwell.

And the Dons forward is relishing the chance to lock horns with the Scotland pair.

“McManus and Caldwell are commanding central defenders,’’ he said.

“But I’ll thrive on the battle against them both, although Celtic have great players throughout their team.

“They’ve also got a fabulous keeper in Artur Boruc behind them and it’s always difficult to find a way past him.â€

Lets get into these c*nts!!!

[move] :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :wave:[/move]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swaddon

I'm just waiting for the game to start, so come on Aberdeen, and let's get theese tattie munchers beaten. I want the Scottish Cup, so let's make it happen, starting tonight.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

:AFC::AFC2::ultras::penalty::headbanger:

Guest Makaveli

I thought elbowing in the face had to be dealt with by the means of a red card? 

If this is the case why is JVOH not off the pitch for elbowing Diamond TWICE?

I thought elbowing in the face had to be dealt with by the means of a red card? 

If this is the case why is JVOH not off the pitch for elbowing Diamond TWICE?

even one of my mate who has slightly timish leanings agreed with me that he should have been carded atleast.

Thing is though; the tims took out zander... any one notice seve getting some heavey treatment aswell - how donati(?) escaped a card for karate chopping him I dont know...  You reckon strachan gave the tim players instructions to take them out?