Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Andy Considine - top 4 countdown

Also not sure how you separate Black from McGhee, Simpson from Cooper, and on his day even Dougie Bell with those two midfielders. I will say McKimmie was the best right back in Scotland for a long time.

Definitely splitting hairs, a fantastic team all around and definitely legends, plying for arguably the best team in Europe. (Was gutted to lose to Porto in the semis in 84, should have won in Europe that year too!)

On 26/10/2020 at 21:34, Kowalski said:

Presume this is McGhee and/or Strachan. I agree the whole team are legends. McGhee was one helluva front man, led the line real well and didn’t shirk a challenge, and Strachan is in the top 3 best players to have ever played for the club IMHO (number 2 behind Willie for me). 

Considine is nowhere near being classed a “legend”. 

Aye, I meant McGhee. Not for his failure as manager but for the allegations about fans spitting on him. Regardless, he should always be a club legend for the part he played in 1983 and the surrounding years. I've never quite got the aggression against Strachan, what a player he was.

Top 3 ever?

Miller, , McLeish, Leighton.

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Really?

Didn’t think he was that bad. Not much he could do on second goal as cross was almost unplayable. He touches that ball it probably goes in the net.

Rubbish! On the second goal a defender should attack the ball and head that away, even over his own bar. He waits and balls watches, leaning back waiting for the ball to drop, had plenty of time to move and head it away. He waited. He then allows the ball to cross his body and tries to clear it with his favored left foot, and tries to clear it to his left back side (the right). This allows the Celtic player to play the ball and score. Had he tried correctly (obviously a header is the best option) to clear with his right and back to the side where the cross came from, which again he had time to do, his body shape would have shielded the ball and prevented the Celtic player from ever touching it. Either a headed clearance or right footed clearance and they don't score. He had no clue there was a Celtic player next to him, poor defensive awareness too.

Not slating Andy, been mr reliable of late, but a killer goal today that, to me, cost us the game. At 1-0 we're still in it, 2-0 and Celtic were full of confidence, game over.

Edited by LA-Don

9 hours ago, LA-Don said:

Rubbish! On the second goal a defender should attack the ball and head that away, even over his own bar. He waits and balls watches, leaning back waiting for the ball to drop, had plenty of time to move and head it away. He waited. He then allows the ball to cross his body and tries to clear it with his favored left foot, and tries to clear it to his left back side (the right). This allows the Celtic player to play the ball and score. Had he tried correctly (obviously a header is the best option) to clear with his right and back to the side where the cross came from, which again he had time to do, his body shape would have shielded the ball and prevented the Celtic player from ever touching it. Either a headed clearance or right footed clearance and they don't score. He had no clue there was a Celtic player next to him, poor defensive awareness too.

Not slating Andy, been mr reliable of late, but a killer goal today that, to me, cost us the game. At 1-0 we're still in it, 2-0 and Celtic were full of confidence, game over.

I thought he had a poor game yesterday. Gave the ball away a couple of times when he'd normally do better. Not great conditions, but no real excuse. Agree with your description of the above, it was like he was caught in two minds, ball watching in the end underneath it. It would have perhaps been difficult to clear with a header though, it did fall at an awkward height - in between head and a comfortable leg height - which perhaps caught him out. As I mentioned in the other thread that the ball should never have got to him in the first place, it was really poor closing down by Hoban, who had plenty of time to get in between man and cross, he should have been ushering Rogic out of the box with ease - he was just too casual. However, a man with 500 games under his belt should see his performance yesterday as below par.

Edited by RicoS321

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • BigAl changed the title to Andy Considine - top 4 countdown
  • 4 months later...