Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons Livi

^ That's why

6 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

On the Campbell thing, was he not on the bench after Bryson pulled out? Therefore everyone is right. 

Correct. He wasn't listed as Bryson pulled out after the team lines had been distributed. Hence the reason, he was in the stand ready to participate despite not being named as a substitute.

It's not rocket science. The subs have to be named before kick off. There can be 8, 9, 10 subs, whatever. You can't play footballers that aren't included in the list. Appearing on the telly isn't the same as appearing on the list. Shankland appeared on Sky in a tracksuit sitting with the rest of them but his name wasn't in the list of 9 subs. 

And whether he was available and listed as a sub or whether he wasn't, does it really fucking matter?

The issue was potential ITK innuendo and that would never do. Although as it has evolved, Ollie may well have been right all along (which I've already apologised for) and his curt one-word response to the mutant wasn't ITK but just shutting the cunt down?

All the sites did not list Campbell as an option. That's a fact. 

45 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Weird that they're all showing 8 subs, but we're allowed 9. Was Campbell the mystery ninth? Main wasn't included in the dons pre-match announcement either. Just please themselves these cunts. 

You can have at least 10 subs, 9 is not the max. I'm not sure what the exact new rules say but in the last week in the SPFL, I've seen between 8 and 10 listed subs, even though 5 is the max you can use.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Weird that they're all showing 8 subs, but we're allowed 9. Was Campbell the mystery ninth? Main wasn't included in the dons pre-match announcement either. Just please themselves these cunts. 

Main replaced Bryson who pulled out in the warm up according to Red TV. 

8 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

You can have at least 10 subs, 9 is not the max. I'm not sure what the exact new rules say but in the last week in the SPFL, I've seen between 8 and 10 listed subs, even though 5 is the max you can use.

9 is the max I think in the league. 

But your initial point stands. Whatever it was. I can't remember.

42 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Hibs had 10 subs on Sunday. Apparently. Why the fuck would any manager need to list that many?

E6970548-C5D5-437F-A316-3AD5410E895A.png

Cheating cunts too. They should have that result overturned:

Temporary alteration approved for 20/21 season

The written resolution to approve the use of up to five substitutes in Scottish Premiership matches for the 2020/21 season has been approved by Premiership clubs. This means the new rule will take effect for the opening set of fixtures this weekend.

Under the new rules, clubs will be able to name a bench of up to nine players but, in making their five subs, can only halt play on three separate occasions during the course of the match.
The change, recommended to clubs by the SPFL Board on Friday, is a temporary alteration for the 2020/21 season and is designed to help clubs deal with a more congested than usual fixture calendar which may see reduced recovery time for players.

Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPFL, said: “As excitement builds ahead of the return to competitive action this weekend, I am pleased that the Premiership clubs have approved this resolution which was recommended by the Board. Player welfare was at the forefront of our decision to recommend this change and it is vital that we recognise the additional strain being placed on players as we embark on the 2020/21 season.

“We are preparing similar resolutions for the Scottish Championship, League 1 and League 2 and these will be distributed to the clubs in those divisions in due course.”

https://spfl.co.uk/news/scottish-premiership-clubs-approve-five-substitu