Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Alcoholism and depression

Madbadteacher

Good morning DTers, things are going well.

The hospital/PHP programme is very goud, great staff and some really good people in the groups I'm in as well. Been busy doing a lot of reading and work at home as well, so I've not been online much, no sinister or worrying reasons, just keeping busy and trying to behave. It's bloody hard work, trust me.

Also been spending hours online on a variety of US government sites trying to navigate for benefits, healthcare etc. If you think UK govt. websites are bad.........over 3 hours on one of them just to apply for short term disability benefits. Even if that gets accepted I'll still have to go for a 2 hour interview.....just as well I keep all my paperwork and records!

Anyway I will check in every so often to keep you guys up to date, thenks!

Oh and COYR, into these weegie bastards today!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest update:

Still going for PHP (6 hours a day) treatment but should be going to IOP (3 hours a day soon)

My insurance, through my ex job, has approved my short term disability (STD they call it  :eek:) so that takes pressure off financially. Also, because it was initiated before I was terminated, I get the full 3 months if necessary  :thumbsup:

I have been taking legal advice and it does look like the school have acted against employment law, having offered me time off, unpaid, in January, if and when needed, then did what they did.

All in all I'm doing well, need to be patient as there are still days when it's hard or I meet my triggers but overall it's at least a curve trending upwards.

Again I than you all for your support.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Your brother has died and you won't go and pay your respects ?

Self-pity central you min.

I've never understood the notion that you have to go a specific location at a specific time in order to "pay respects" (whatever the fuck that means). You clearly think it matters. Or you were just being a dick. Either way, I find it strange.

I'm not much of a one for funerals.

Each to their own of course, how you cope with death is and should be an individual thing.

Didn't have a funeral for my mother and I have no intention of having one for myself.

Indeed if I'm wrong and there is "another place" how could I face my Ma if I had a funeral and she didn't.

Somebody blabbing a heap of s'hite about someone they never met up at the crem doesn't do it for me.

I'm not much of a one for funerals.

Each to their own of course, how you cope with death is and should be an individual thing.

Didn't have a funeral for my mother and I have no intention of having one for myself.

Indeed if I'm wrong and there is "another place" how could I face my Ma if I had a funeral and she didn't.

Somebody blabbing a heap of s'hite about someone they never met up at the crem doesn't do it for me.

I honestly didn't realise that was an option. What do they do with you? Sea? Landfill? I'm of the opinion that it's not my decision. If others would prefer to remember me via a funeral then that's up to them. Fit if yer kids want a big pairty to dance around yer corpse?

I honestly didn't realise that was an option. What do they do with you? Sea? Landfill? I'm of the opinion that it's not my decision. If others would prefer to remember me via a funeral then that's up to them. Fit if yer kids want a big pairty to dance around yer corpse?

If youre at deaths door soon,aim for the 5th Nov,with a funeral pyre/Fawkes night for the kids.Be selfish not to.

Still disposed of as per normal.

In my Mothers case the crem at Crathes.

Which entailed me desperately trying and failing to follow the hearse ( a souped up job) out the North Deeside Road.

Every bloody red light..........

She would have liked that.