Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Motherwell vs Aberdeen

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re wilson I don't think it's poor attitude.  When he signed he was all about wanting to play as he was out of contract and wanted to put himself in the shop window.  I think he just hasn't settled in the area, fair jump from a city like manchester where you have been for years and  surrounded by friends to living in Aberdeen on your tod. 

In regards to Wilson, it doesn’t help that we’ve played total horse shit for much of the season, plus he spends so much time expected to run around like a headless chicken chasing lost causes, or competing for high balls dumped up the park. That can be frustrating to say the least. Had he joined us a few years back when Hayes McGinn and McLean were laying chances on a plate that’s one thing but considering all our forwards are shit and the service is usually god awful......just saying, maybe we need to look inwards.

Having just watched the highlights, the goals were even worse than I had remembered.

In each of them, one of our players hasn't been strong enough - Logan, May and Considine.  Soft as shite. They need to show they want it.  There was nothing to us yesterday, no leadership.

At the first goal, Motherwell managed to get three players in the box by the time the boy shot. We had Logan and Lowe. Where the fuck was everyone else? It's not like it was Usain Bolt that was breaking through. The second was, as you say, weak from two or three of them and Ferguson booting the ball off his own man at the third didn't help.

When you concede goals like those three and miss sitters like Shinnie and Wilson then you get what you deserve. The only saving grace is that we haven't been giving goals away like that every week so hopefully a blip, perhaps brought about through Devlin's absence.

When Ferguson whacked it into Considine, that was a very poor attempted clearance but I was reminded of something from Parkhead last season.

Logan was injured or suspended so McInnes had the bright idea of putting Dominic in as a replacement Right Back, a position I don't know if he'd ever played in before. It was certainly his first time at RB for us.

He was hopeless that day, slow to turn, slow to think, just a fish out of water. He had got lucky in that no goals had come through him until just before half time when a speculative shot from outside the box deflected off him and past Lewis for a goal that Celtic barely deserved at that point.

The word that came to mind was hapless. Just like Considine wasn't to "blame" for Lewis hitting it into him on Saturday, Ball wasn't to "blame" for Celtic's opening goal that day. It's like the karma from the football gods saying "summin ain't right", as the Stereo MC's sang.

Poor Andy has been shoved from pillar to post by McInnes, a fill in left back which became more than fill in for far too often, a fill in CB when injuries and suspensions demanded it and yet he always tried his best and even threw a hat trick in at Dens just to remind us that he's got something good to offer. He's never had the benefit of playing consistently in the same role for a period of a decade and inevitably hadn't made the progress in his development that perhaps he might have been capable of. Now that we have Lowe and Devlin, there's no room for the hapless Considine, hopelessly managed by successive managers at AFC for a very long time.

God help us on Sunday if Devlin's not fit.

I see what you're saying Rocket, but Considine was trying to get back to cover his man (who he let get beyong himd in the first place) and was in the correct position. A more experienced player than Ferguson - like Considine - would have simply conceded the corner if they weren't comfortable launching it from that location. We definitely need Devlin back for the final, but if Ferguson does shite like that against the Tim, it will be punished too. He reminds me of Christie last season a little and it's an indictment of McInnes' shitey signings that we're asking this much of Ferguson in his first full professional season.