Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hamilton - Halloween fright night

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost perfect night all in, Celtic winning the only negative! We have clawed back points on everyone above us, bar Celtic, so sets us up nicely for Sunday, where our hoodoo against them must continue.

Can't comment on the match itself as only seen the 2nd half, which seemed to just be us dictating the ball with them threatening rarely on a counter. Devlin's goal was nice, but keeper should be saving it, take nothing away from Devlin though.

Thought we might have seen Gleeson given game time for Ferguson or Shinnie after the 3rd went in, but only a minor quibble from me.

3 Points, clean sheet, 3 different scorers and points clawed back from those above us, all in all, a very good night.

Good game, Hamilton pish. Shinnie, Lowe top class. McGinn and Wilson good. Their right back was decent, the rest fairly pap.

We dominated completely, just a good solid display. Excellent goals too, although the keeper should have had Devlin's (it did dip heavily, but Logan's strike a few minutes later was probably harder to save).

Thought McInnes was spot on with the changes. Disagree with KFP, the youngsters were definitely the right call in a game like this at 3-0. Gleeson is an experienced player who we'll learn little about (that we didn't already know) against Hamilton. His problem isn't confidence, it's ability.

Finally, I though that the ref should have played on with their number 7's challenge at the end. It was a 50-50 that he lost to the dominant Shinnie, which the ref could have let go with only 1 minute left. I thought that right up until I got back to the car and heard it was Dougie Imrie. Fucking headless chicken fucker got exactly what he deserved - utter gash fitba'r.

Thought McInnes was spot on with the changes. Disagree with KFP, the youngsters were definitely the right call in a game like this at 3-0. Gleeson is an experienced player who we'll learn little about (that we didn't already know) against Hamilton. His problem isn't confidence, it's ability.

Beat me to it.  Exactly what I thought, was very pleased to see McLennan and Anderson come on.

Couldn't care less if we don't see Forrester or Gleeson again.

Good win,Agree about the youngsters,weve been shouting about their introductions long enough

re the crowd - be disappointing if it was under 10'000 attendees,but weve hardly been playing swashbuckling football to get to the LC final and elsewhere.

The more settled recent line ups might build confidence and hopefully loosen the shackles for a bit more open fitba.

Beat me to it.  Exactly what I thought, was very pleased to see McLennan and Anderson come on.

Couldn't care less if we don't see Forrester or Gleeson again.

Almost, would rather have seen Anderson on earlier instead of May. May is no better than Nicky Maynard. I’d say Anderson confidently scores the chance May missed.

Would rather see Campbell Wright McLellan Anderson and Frank Ross before Gleeson or Forrester.

Solid performance, job done.

looked 9000-10000, not unusual at all in all the years I have been going.

Not sure what people expect.

I thought 8,000, one of our guys thought 7,000. No fucking way on earth it was 12,000. That's just a fucking lie.

I'm not comfortable with the club I've supported for over half a century lying about crowd numbers. This has ONLY happened since Milne. The very first time I noticed it was a Sunday early kick off at Pittodrie v. Celtic in the SC QF when van Hoor of fitever link got a late equaliser. I went to the replay when Dazzler Mackie stole the show but they lied about the crowd that day and they DEFINITELY lied about the crowd tonight.

I expected at least 10k after Sunday. There was NOT 10k there tonight.

I thought it was a strange game last night, don't think I have heard Pittodrie so quiet, I think outwith the goals the only song which was sung was when Logan had his great shot saved and 'One Shay Logan' went around the ground.  would have put the crowd at about 8k, which was greatly helped by a fairly big Hamilton support.  ;)

Thought we played well, Hamilton were very shite, but we did what we had to and took our goals well, unlucky not to have another couple. Wilsons goal was my favourite, that is a loon who knows where the goal is and will shoot on sight and not look to take an extra touch, his was a cracking finish, hopefully we can keep him fit.

The starting line up is possibly our strongest line up for me and doesn't contain our two main summer signings, but good to see the kids getting game time in games like these.

Gleeson is an experienced player who we'll learn little about (that we didn't already know) against Hamilton. His problem isn't confidence, it's ability.

Disagree. I think his big problem is he is too heavy, too slow and hasn't got the basic fitness to allow him to complete a full 90 minutes. Probably came up here thinking that having just left Ipswich he would absolutely stroll it and has found out to his horror that it is a far higher quality and higher tempo game than he ever imagined.

I'd say so. Some of the play was brilliant, think Wright probably should have done a bit better with a couple of his chances but that's nitpicking.

He was more effective than GMS last night (who looked tired) and it was only his second game back. But Wright is a proper footballer, with a good brain as well as great feet.

Max Lowe is also a proper footballer. Benching him for Considine would be insane.

He was more effective than GMS last night (who looked tired) and it was only his second game back. But Wright is a proper footballer, with a good brain as well as great feet.

Max Lowe is also a proper footballer. Benching him for Considine would be insane.

Leave Considine alone, he's ace - proper dandy. You're right though, the only thing going for Considine over Lowe at the moment is that he'll still be here in two month's time. Lowe was a little lax defensively in his first few games, but was excellent against the hun and again last night. I'd have given Shinnie man of the match, but Lowe was a very close second.

I didn't think Wright was great last night. I'd agree that GMS was similarly poor, but then he's been excellent the rest of the season. I think it was good management to start Wright again last night after being a little poor against the hun and hopefully he'll start again on Sunday to give him ample chance to sink or swim. Wright showed glimpses last night and he tracked back well when required, but I think we should expect a lot more of him as I think he's a better player than last night's performance displayed. I think he could thrive on the plastic pitch on Sunday with his quick feet and pace and I hope that a run of games could bring the confidence required to take it to the Tim in the final; a confidence that was lacking against the hun. Incidentally, I thought McGinn looked really good centrally last night too, so there's a (good) dilemma there definitely.