Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen Mad

donsdaft

Him & Milne are completely changing the T&Cs of the club I signed up to support. We will feel the effects of McInnes for years after we’ve finally got rid of the boring smug Hun arsehole.

Fit like Mason? I always enjoyed yer posts on donsmad. Interesting point of view. Can you explain further? I can see how Milne could be accused of that but struggling to see where McInnes fits in. To me, he's just a manager that will come and go - he's not a new stadium in fucking Westhill for example - nae part of the fittings.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fit like Mason? I always enjoyed yer posts on donsmad. Interesting point of view. Can you explain further? I can see how Milne could be accused of that but struggling to see where McInnes fits in. To me, he's just a manager that will come and go - he's not a new stadium in fucking Westhill for example - nae part of the fittings.

Cheers, long time no blethered  :)

I just don’t think there was any chance at all Milne could’ve sold the idea, without his poster boy in the dugout. Moving out there is absolutely ridiculous. Milne thought it up but it was McInnes that sold it

Cheers, long time no blethered  :)

I just don’t think there was any chance at all Milne could’ve sold the idea, without his poster boy in the dugout. Moving out there is absolutely ridiculous. Milne thought it up but it was McInnes that sold it

I think that you're maybe giving McInnes a little much credit there, but I see yer point. From memory, he didn't really get involved until discussing it at some sort of AFC dinner where he mentioned the issue with training all over the shop (I think he made a comment or two about the stadium, but nae really anything convincing). To my mind he didn't really didn't add much to the debate as the dons fans had already seen their shiny new thing and didn't need convincing for some bizarre fucking reason. McInnes certainly helped seal the deal, but as did the fact that we were playing well on the park I think, which could also be credited to him. I think that dons fans had been told for so long that we needed to move (long before McInnes) that they've just come to believe and accept it so Westhill was easy for them in the end. McInnes probably couldn't give a shite either way as long as the training facility is built (I'm more than happy for a training facility to be built in Westhill). Either way, he's doing the job his bosses have asked him to do top the best of his ability, and in a job with such a high turnover you've got to do what you've got to do. He's nae a dons fan and I wouldn't expect him to know the first thing about moving to Westhill so I'd be surprised if may dons fans put their faith in his opinions on it.

• 1 month later...

Him & Milne are completely changing the T&Cs of the club I signed up to support. We will feel the effects of McInnes for years after we’ve finally got rid of the boring smug Hun arsehole.

you don't like him. fine that's your choice.

Seems to me the Hun thing is used to justify your stance on McInnes.

Same as some folks used it to claim there dislike of McLean.

Where do you stand with the likes of Forrest, Ferguson, Bell, Bett, Cooper, McLeish, Robertson, Wright,Foster and the rest?

Sure people take a dislike to certain individuals and use the Hun word if it suits.

Boring smug arsehole maybe?

Maybe you're a hun....

I know what you mean. I think that their recent liquidation was of huge importance to the whole game in this country and its ramifications massive. There are people who can't admit a hun is a good player, or that the huns played well on occasion etc etc, which is just annoying. I'm with you on the tim being in the same category too.

Dearie me, this is the problem.

fuck Rangers, fuck Celtic. Both fuckin equally horrible clubs.

Yep but i enjoy beating the huns more due to the whole britnat,godsavethequeen etc element of their support.  For as whiny and paranoid as sellik fans can be on the whole i find them, in general, better craic than tribute act fans. Not that I don't know Rangers fans that are absolutely fine and enjoyable company

Was a regular at Ibrox and Parkhead in the 80s/early 90s when we regularly stuffed both teams in their own backyard.

Whilst the atmosphere in both shitholes was poisonous, genuinely never felt unsafe when exiting Celtic Park after inflicting a defeat on the Dhims. The same cannot be said for after a win at Ibrox. Worst was the 3-0 drubbing we gave them in 85 when they had 2 sent off and the hun supporters tried to get the match called off by orchestrating a mass pitch invasion. Game was halted for near 10 minutes till the Glasgow rozzers attempted to regain control.

Their support left en masse about 10 minutes before full time and were waiting to ambush us as we exited the Broomloan. Took a few punches and kicks trying to get back to the bus. Rozzers just watched, yet when we tried to fight back they instantly threatened us with getting lifted. Bastards.

Hate both of them...well I mean all 3 obviously since oldco/sevco are 2 different clubs. But will always hate oldco/sevco that bit more than Celtic

Dearie me, this is the problem.

fuck Rangers, fuck Celtic. Both fuckin equally horrible clubs.

Where's "the problem"?  Fans of a club hate another club - part of the game. I hate the huns more than I hate Celtic, but I still hate Celtic. We've had more history with the huns in terms of nastiness, on the pitch and off it - I think it's perfectly understandable that a lot of us have more of an issue with that lot than the other lot.

The bigger problem is that there’s a culture that Rangers and Celtic must be treated equally because if you show even a tiny bit of preference for one or the other, you’re automatically a rabid Hun/Fenian.

I hate Rangers more than Celtic. Celtic are pricks but they’re one dimensional pricks. There’s something a lot more sinister about Rangers. They’re a grotesque organisation in all aspects.

I described the semi final a couple of weeks ago as my best AFC experience for 28.5 years, since we beat Celtic on penalties. Semi finals don't normally compute as the best bounces but because it was them, because we were big underdogs, because they were "a class above" apparently, because the goal was late in the game and was such a good one and because "walking away, the Rangers way" was in full evidence - which was the cause of the Ibrox disaster of course when dozens lost their lives - it all amounted to the most wonderful event.

Newco/Sevco/Oldco have always been the most vile for me, unquestionably. I got a text last night from a hun who was pleased with the Torbett results. It takes a special kind of spesh to gloat and feel good about themselves and try to take validation from the subject of child abuse, even if the catholic faith has a long and proven record of it.

Newco/Sevco/Oldco have always been the most vile for me, unquestionably. I got a text last night from a hun who was pleased with the Torbett results. It takes a special kind of spesh to gloat and feel good about themselves and try to take validation from the subject of child abuse, even if the catholic faith has a long and proven record of it.

That is vile, but the subject worthy of discussion in this debate. The Tims have taken the same club, different entity excuse to a whole new level. They are refusing to compensate the victims of the abuse because Celtic boys club was apparently a different legal entity to the Tims. A different legal entity, that supplied their team with players, trained on their facilities, toured their ground and had all the other attributes associated with being a part of Celtic fitba club.

If the Tim support were "better" than the despicable hun, then they'd be calling it out for the shameful approach that it is. They'd put their partisan: "our club can do no wrong" attitude to one side and fight for their club to do the right thing. These were children in the care of Celtic football club when they were abused, in the same way as they'd have been in the care of Celtic football club if they'd gone on to success as a player.

From that point of view they are one in the same thing. Utter scum.

That said, in similar circumstances, I'm not sure what AFC and - more importantly - AFC fans would do. Are we any better?

Celtic only apologised for the Boys Club victims recently because they came under real pressure to do so.

Neither club is more horrible than the other IMHO.  They're both dispicable, and a stain on Scotland.

Most Aberdeen fans despise Rangers more than we despise Celtic. We even sing this at Parkhead. You wouldn't understand so keep your "humble", ill-informed opinion to yourself. You have zero to add to the forum so shut the fuck up.