Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Huns league opener - Sun 5 Aug

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuinely don't know why we bother turning up against Rangers and Celtic.  It seems every other team in Scotland can actually give them a game even if they lose.  I'd rather we play our U-20's side against these two than watch said torture over and over again.  Excuse will be going into extra-time Thursday night.   

Pathetic performance saved by a teenage debutant. He must be our first choice striker until further notice. Cosgrove has been toilet and May is too, reduced to trying to cheat, claiming for corners that aren't.

GMS is a weak weak man. And that cunt is meant to be one of our better footballers.

To win games, you need to score goals. We were lucky to get one v. 10 men, our only chance of the 96 minutes.

Not a good performance but I predicted 1-1, although it’s 80 minutes against 10 men so disappointed. Injuries to Hoban, McKenna, possibly Devlin, a little worrying. Thought Forrester was disappointing, I expected more from him. Players who played at Burnley looked pretty knackered.

Hopefully we get a solid and accomplished striker this week. We are minimal threat going forward and cosgrove and May, it’s been said too many times.

Pathetic performance saved by a teenage debutant. He must be our first choice striker until further notice. Cosgrove has been toilet and May is too, reduced to trying to cheat, claiming for corners that aren't.

GMS is a weak weak man. And that cunt is meant to be one of our better footballers.

To win games, you need to score goals. We were lucky to get one v. 10 men, our only chance of the 96 minutes.

GMS is very inconsistent but I thought he was involved and looked up for it today, and was more active than McGinn. Didn’t get much from Ferguson, forrester, Shinnie wasn’t as impactful but that’s in part because he went to left back.  Today was our burnley hangover and we didn’t lose, I guess that’s a positive spin. However, today also showed how weak our squad is. Anderson is a goal scorer and look more threatening than cosgrove and May combined from both burnley games and today. Looks like a right place right time Rooney type finisher but more skill and pace.

After that display by Aberdeen, hard to pick out an outstanding player but the sooner we give Anderson the chance to show his worth the better. To celebrate a draw against 10 men is no consolation for that crap that we showed against 10 men Sevco. If an Aberdeen player can not dribble past an opposition player then kick the f*cking ball into the opposition penalty box and hope for a mistake. Do not give me the crap that the players are tired from their efforts against Burnley. They are professional football players and should be more than capable playing two games of football in a few days.

I am very pissed off  :wave:

A wee quote from Gerrard after the game

We were magnificent, with 11 men, even better than with ten. We showed that we are a class above Aberdeen. Aberdeen only had one idea, to lump it into the box. We were better with ten men

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

We've had our pockets picked in the big games on many occasions having played well.

The important thing today is we took a point and in a game where we couldn't really have played any worse. That shows character and bottle.

The manager deserves some credit for the substitution as well.

First league game of the season and we were truly awful, really, really poor. The only bright spot was Anderson getting the equaliser and the rat going off injured after a challenge by May, that's Karma for you.

Whether it was just our usual insipid performance against them or a sign of things to come for the coming season I honestly do not know, but right now I suspect it will be the latter.

I cannot believe how bad we were today, if you were watching the game not knowing anything about the teams you would have thought it was the Aberdeen manager making his debut in the Scottish league, not the Rangers one, he is fuckling clueless at times.

Sadly Gerrard was absolutely correct from what I saw of the game. We conceded a penalty against 10 men who passed the ball far better than we did, gave our backline far more problems than we did theirs and seemed to win more 50/50 balls.

First I've seen of Gleeson....not impressed.

Ball....how come the fans can all see he is not a right back but McInnes can't baffles me.

Cosgrove....slated again but very little service.

And we obviously struggle defensively against the ball over the top. Even with McKenna before his injury.

And Shinnie is starting to be a liability in midfield....tries to drive us forward but losing possession too often high up leaving the oppo midfield huge amounts of space to exploit on a quick counter attack.

We need a new striker in this week. Everyone pray that Preston get a striker or 2 in before the English transfer window shuts as apparently Moult WILL be allowed to leave if they get their targets in.

We’ve played 3 games so far and while it’s been three tougher games, our attacking tactics have been shite. Give it to GMS or McGinn and hope their creativity works magic or lump it forward. Even with a good forward I don’t see our tactics significantly changing. We cannot pass a ball forward or combine well at all. That’s obviously concerning.

Am I right in saying McGregor didn’t have a save today? At home playing against 10 men that’s awful.

Although the way we went about the game was disappointing, I dont think we have to worry yet. The team was clearly drained from thursday and the squad was stretched. I think DM knows ball is not a right back, but who else does he play there? There will be further reinforcements and some of the new boys still need time to settle into the team. Seeing Bruce Anderson come on and score gives me some optimisim aswell. As for Rangers I still think they will struggle to win week in week out this season. Gerrard let his composed mask slip during his interview. The pressure is on him now.

Although the way we went about the game was disappointing, I dont think we have to worry yet. The team was clearly drained from thursday and the squad was stretched. I think DM knows ball is not a right back, but who else does he play there? There will be further reinforcements and some of the new boys still need time to settle into the team. Seeing Bruce Anderson come on and score gives me some optimisim aswell. As for Rangers I still think they will struggle to win week in week out this season. Gerrard let his composed mask slip during his interview. The pressure is on him now.

Agree to a point but I do worry. The burnley defeat and going out of Europe did have an effect physically and mentally. That’s not an excuse, it’s true. Gleeson and Forrester were making their premier debuts, got to give them a chance. Ball isn’t a right back but we didn’t really have other options today. But my worry is the same I expressed last year. We’re becoming a long ball team and it’s shite to watch, and not effective against better teams. Mcinnes’ tactics were piss today, very predictable. And this is a common theme.

Devlin is a good player, Anderson is the new shankland......with a goal.

McInnes must demand a public apology from Gerrard immediately for this slur on Aberdeen Fc. To state that The Rangers are a class above Aberdeen is the words of a clueless twat.

Fuck sake what's happened to the world?

waaaaah he said this, I'm offended, how dare you, apologise now, waaaaah

Its bad enough professional footballers pretending they have been shot when someone breathes on them without managers turning into primary schoolers through the media. Kevin Keegan springs to mind

I'd far rather DM keeps his puss shut but ensures the players got out and prove Gerrard wrong next time we face them

This

and more of this

c586b602-7451-4075-a691-c36a876ca0ba.jpg

^^

Gerrard has to have some respect for The Famous.

He is just a mouthpiece for Sevco.

He should keep his mouth shut. If this his reaction for a draw what the f*ck is he going to spout out when his team is hammered.

:wave:

Geez, get a grip. I don’t give a fuck what Gerrard says, and much of what he said is correct. We were shite today. DM and our players should do their talking on the pitch, no need to get involved in media crap.