Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Pre Season Games

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wright was good early on, Forrester was good, Shinnie and Ferguson the others that played well.

Worried that in under 2 weeks we face an EPL team with this team.

GMS too easy pushed off the ball and Considine skinned too many times to mention. Very concerning.

Not sure who is healthy but considine and Reynolds out. Maybe...

Lewis

Logan- Devlin - McKenna - Shinnie

Ball-Gleeson

Wright - Forrester - GMS

May

McGinn injury doubt

??? Saying that, pretty sure cosgrove will start.... plus possibly Ferguson, just don’t know the extent of the injuries. And I could see is going 4-4-2 this year with May and Cosgrove up top....

Shitty defending by McKenna and Shinnie on the goal, both should have won the ball easily.

Definitely played at preseason pace, pretty slow at times. I’d say it’s a 4-1-4-1 with Ball holding behind Forrester and Ferguson, and Ball has looked ok. Really like the look of Ferguson, does not look or play like an 18 year old. Cosgrove has played reasonably well too, has done a good job linking up and a nice header.

Decent game but we are certainly weak in attack and had very few chances. Cosgrove played a decent hour, 2 chances and scored 1. Still a big target man and limited. May had a 1/2 chance from shinnie’s header but honking first touch, and did little else. Center mid looks pretty strong with Ferguson, Forrester,  Gleeson, Ball, and even Campbell all looking tidy plus Shinnie who was left back today. Not opposed to Shinnie staying there after seeing the midfield today.  Wide mid is a concern as we’re relying on inconsistent confidence players. Both GMS and Wright looked good in patches today but drifted in and out the game. Devlin looked solid too, good to see the new guys look the part.

Very encouraging regarding Ferguson, think almost everyone who has seen him in the friendlies has praised him, but more so tonight.

Gleeson & Forrester also seem to be good bits of business by the manager. With Ball & possibly Tansey & Campbell, perhaps we will finally see Shinnie reverted back to LB! I for one, am very pleased with this, if it comes to fruition.

So a new right back & a new striker, possibly 2, are we ready for the new season? Or are we still short. 

Decent enough workout for both teams, but just hope Wright's knock not too serious as i believe McGinn still not fit.

WBA looked like they had another gear tbh, plain to see they have been playing at top level.

Poor crowd, decent amount of pissed up baggies walking about though.

Like the look of new signings in the middle of park, Forrester looks very composed & i'm beginning to see why Hamilton want more dosh for Ferguson 8), can see WBA coming straight back up tbh.

We really urgently need to buy a striker or 2 though. Devlin & McKenna starting to form a really good understanding  & i would like to see Shinnie kept at left back, some encouraging signs :thumbsup: