Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Gay Footballers

SeeBass

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When two guys kiss and slobber all over each other on the shit soap that my 16 year old daughter watches - not that her age is a decent excuse for my poor parenting that she watches that shit (she at least jacked in Love Island last night, whatever that is) - it turns my stomach.

That's the thing, I also look away when two men kiss (not a massive lesbian kissing fan, but it doesn't have the same affect; I assume, because I'm male) as it makes me gag. Is that what homophobia is? If so, I'd say that I'm probably homophobic. I'm not intolerant of the person, just the act. What seems natural to some, clearly isn't to others. I'm repulsed by something that isn't natural to me. I believe that my reaction is as close to a natural reaction (i.e. free from any outside influence) as is possible, although I have made no effort to see if I can overcome it by watching gay soap scenes on a loop.

What I don't understand, or struggle to understand, is if it's the same in reverse? Does a gay man watch a straight couple kissing on Emmerdale Farm and get repulsed by it? Or is it far more complex? I'm assuming what is as natural to me (trappin birds) is equivalently natural to gay people (trappin ither gays). In order to understand it, inotherwords, you have to be gay. It is probably, then, that neither are "unnatural" at all, just different things to different people.

I would argue that it's not homophobic to be repulsed by two men kissing if you are a heterosexual man.

But the agenda they push is to normalise it and thereby normalise themselves and their perversion.

I reckon most gay men feel guilty and/or embarrassed about being gay. My evidence for this is zero.

It is homophobic to act upon one's repulsion.

:laughing:

For the record, I have never battered a poof, have never gone out to look to batter poofs, I have never signed a petition against poovery and I have absolutely no objection to them whatsoever. I've not met many but the one in Sicily last month who hosted us in a fabulous accommodation was a wonderful human whom we tipped generously.

I just don't want it shoved down my throat and these mincing queers are relentless in pursuit of their agenda. I know you fuckers exist, I just don't want to watch you in action. So fuck off.

Well done Rico min

You were able to tell the truth about how you feel.

Generally that's not allowed these days, beware of the thought police.

I've never felt that if I'm honest. I think it's easy to say how you feel. I think the PC thing only really exists in the media and social media. Basically, it's only a bunch of cunts with little to say that get intoleranced by other cunts with fuck all to say. Everyone else seems to be able to have conversation without the intolerance and subsequent intolerance of the intolerance.

I wouldnt say its homophobic for a straight guy to be repulsed by the thought of what they get up to sexually or even just kissing each other.

What I will stand up for is their right to be and do what  they want (within the law of course). It shouldn't be anyones business but their own and shouldn't be labelled as abnormal. It's just different.

Sensible post, Rocket min.

It really wasn't. It was provocative by design and in delivery.

Don't agree Rico. This thread is proof. Some were "nauseous" at the levels of homophobia on page 1 but I never saw any. Rather, there are those who were more concerned to show how they were not homophobic. I'm not intolerant of shirtlifters, dykes, jews, arabs, the Irish, kafflicks, mooslims or weegies. But I am allowed to have generalist views based on personal experience whilst understanding that even a minority doesn't equate to the whole. The disproportionate amount of disabled parking spaces these days annoys me more than the disproportionate voice of the LGBT. That's just bad maths, erring on the side of PC. Go Roo Paul. Some of these weirdos are hilarious.

I wouldnt say its homophobic for a straight guy to be repulsed by the thought of what they get up to sexually or even just kissing each other.

What I will stand up for is their right to be and do what  they want (within the law of course). It shouldn't be anyones business but their own and shouldn't be labelled as abnormal. It's just different.

It is abnormal though.

Not that I've been a great one for "normal" in my life.

"Within the law" put you on dangerous ground too.

We're now being put in a position of apologising to criminals because they broke the law but now the law is different.

The bobbie that arrests me for using "poof" as a word was recently hovering about the Victoria Park hoping to catch poofs being poofs.

Well done Rico min

You were able to tell the truth about how you feel.

Generally that's not allowed these days, beware of the thought police.

I think it's allowed. Don't mistake being told that people think you're a cunt, for being told you're not allowed to voice your opinion.

You seem to hate everyone and everything that isn't from Aberdeen and isn't straight.  That, to me, isn't normal.

I genuinely don't care where anyone is from, or who they want to be with (within obvious reason), but it's entirely up to yourself and absolutely is your right to voice your thoughts.  The fact I, or anyone else, doesn't agree with you doesn't mean we're the thought police or it's "PC gone mad" or any other shite like that. It just means we're voicing our thoughts, exactly as you're doing.

Does shouting about Ian Durrant being "gay and bent" or calling Nacho Novo a "fucking homo" make you a bigot and a homophobic cunt? Or are most folk who sing that song of the opinion that they don't care who shags who, and they're just singing it to get a rise out of the Huns?

Never seen anyone get pulled up for homophobia that in the Aberdeen support - or seen any mass homophobic attitudes either, although I may be missing something.

Nah, it's not just the brits, it's people.  People are shit.

I fear that you are correct but there is a dichotomy here.

We are all capable of being an arse on one hand and being generous in spirit on the other.

It's the greed culture imposed upon us by corrupt politicians that influences us towards the yang rather than the yin, selfishness triumphing over community.

I maintain that the good within the vast majority is still there, just that it lies dormant in most.

I'd have to question your "biological fact" statement.

There are cases of identical twins ( who share the exact DNA profile with each other as they result from a single fertilised egg separating into 2 embryoes) where one twin is straight and the other gay/lesbian. I'm sure I read recently that a theory as to why guys turn out to be gay ( there was no mention of why lesbians are so and the theory wouldn't fit i believe in their case) is that the developing baby in utero has its brain accidentally "washed" with large dose of oestrogen from the mother. Not sure how this fits with the identical twins where one twin (the straight one) would avoid the oestrogen overdose.

I'd have to question your "biological fact" statement.

I think, assume, that was to do with "gender fluidity" rather than sexaulity.

That's an interesting case you mention though, I had always assumed a DNA difference rather than something naturally occurring after conception.

There is no point digging up obscure birth defects.

You might as well say someone was born with 2 heads, one head thought he was a bloke and the other head wanted to be a poof, I bet they argued like fuck what to do with their arse.

I mean shite like the leader of the Scottish Tory party is pregnant.

There are pictures in the paper of her and her lizzie partner.

The captions say THEY are expecting a baby.

No THEY fuckin aren't

Ruthie might be pregnant. They maybe hired a stud to fuck her or she got injected at a sperm bank. Not that we'd notice, her being such a fat horrible cunt of a cow.

Where's the pc polis to pick up on my toryist or ruthist sentiments when ye need em?

However they play God and supersede nature by having a bairn, how fucking sad is that? Poor kid.

Given that this conversation has veered away from even a token association with football and seems to have become just an airing of assorted prejudices, isn't it time this embarrassment of a thread was moved to "off topic"?

I can't express enough how much I detest the human being who posted this.

For so many reasons.

The arrogance of purporting to know best.

The cowardice of not taking issue with any offending remarks.

The stupidity of being "embarrassed" by something he didn't write.

Posting to posture a position of superiority is prick behaviour.

Fucking nothing.