Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hibernian

Don't change too much from tonight. McLean suspended means a forced change - but hopefully not O'Connor or Arnason into midfield who are both too slow and will be murdered by Allan, McGinn and McGeouch. Give Dean Campbell a chance, but if youthful exuberance will n there. I'm guessing Nwakali will still be injured.

Drop May too. Doesn't offer enough of a goal threat. Rooney should start.

Lewis

Logan O'Connor McKenna Shinnie

McGinn Ball Campbell GMS

Cosgrove Rooney

Saturday 3pm kick-off, and a big 90 minutes. Hopefully a big crowd, especially since Hibs are set to sell out the away end. Anything less than 16,000 would be disappointing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be really disappointed if there isn't a big crowd given the amount folk moan about the lack of 3pm kick offs  ;). Ignoring the fact that it's an incredibly important game.

I imagine he'll put consie at left back and bring shinnie back into mid alongside Ball. In principle it would be quite logical move,  just can't see Campbell being given a shot in the first team.  It's frustrating that McLean is really showing the kind of player he is. We really are going to miss him next season, let alone in this game.

I’d be happy with that with the squad we have, considine at left back and Shinnie replacing mclean in midfield. Saying that, hibs style of play is polar opposite to hearts so expect multiple tactical and personnel changes from DM.

If it is half as good as the Hibs Killie game yesterday, we should be in for a cracker.

As much as I have advocated for Shinnie to play LB, on this occasion, due to McLean being suspended, i'd fire Shinnie straight back into midfield. Either give Harvie a chance at LB or put in Considine, he is experienced I suppose.

I honestly believe a win vs Hibs will secure us 2nd. I think the tribute act will lose another 2 at least ( One vs Ourselves ) and I reckon the Edinburgh derby will be a draw. Imperative we remain as focused as ever.

We have a great chance with that tosser suspended.

Hat trick for Stevie May.

Sorry DD but McLean being out puts us at a massive disadvantage. Hibs are big step up in class to the previous 2 opponents and we would have a much better chance of winning if McLean was available. Agree with Kenny that we will need to move Shinnie back into midfield if we are to compete with Hibs in there. Means Considine coming back in and probably Cosgrove dropping out.

In

Pub in town

Y

Pub in town

1-1 McGinn

Really should be looking to have a sell out at this one.  I know folk are disappointed that the seasons has petered out into a bit of nothingness, but there's still a decent wedge of cash available.  Would be nice to finish the season strongly.

Would be nice if dons fans joined in for that and vice versa.  I have a lot of time for hibs fans, always been made to feel very welcome when visiting easter road.

Agreed, nothing against the hibbies.  Good bunch of fans

Statement from Red Army Displays - 04/05/18.

It is with a heavy heart and huge regret we let you all know that we have been forced to cancel our upcoming display against Hibernian, and a further planned display for the match against “Rangers” on Tuesday.

Both these matches are massively important to Aberdeen FC and the fans. It was our intention to do a display at each match, in the hope that adding a bit of colour etc would unify the support & players and help AFC secure 2nd place in the league again.

However, it would appear that, despite complying with all the club's requests, Red Army Displays are not wanted by some people inside Pittodrie. Once again, we face the same negative responses to our plans and ridiculous obstacles put in our way regarding set up etc.

To name a few:

Card display in lower RDL – disabled fans could be hit with rolled up card.

Vertical poly strips (proposed display for Tuesday) RDL or South Stand – 2m wide, similar to picture in comments….classed as a ‘surfer’ flag and is unsafe.

Asking us to sign terms & conditions which, amongst other things, stated we had to clean all display material after a display & dispose of it ourselves. This was actually handed to us during the Aurora launch at Pittodrie.

Red Army Displays is a fan run organisation, and as such, it’s volunteer fans that make this happen in their own time. As this is the case we cannot continue to provide these displays without club cooperation. In the past, we have provided all details (name, address, client ref no, etc) of every volunteer attending set ups, obeyed rules, submitted sample materials for approval, adjusted entry times to suit the club, and consistently managed to do successful displays with different materials.

We do what they ask of us and more every single time – and not once have they agreed to our first proposal.

We are now taking a stand in the hope that the club recognise that the money raised by fans for these displays should be used in a way the fans want and not dictated by one or two individuals at the club. We are not an ultras group, we are not troublemakers. There is a desire to improve the overall atmosphere amongst the fans, it's about time the same message came from within OUR club.

Stand Free.

The powers to be had better remember it is the fans who keep the club going.

The powers to be had better remember it is the fans who keep the club going.

Does seem a bit late in the day for the club to pull the plug,but there has been a bit of history between the display group and the club.Just sayin'....

Looking like around 18,000 for this,should be a good enough atmosphere anyway

The history goes back a long way and it's between the club and anyone who wants to do any fan based activity.

There has been no fan club v official club problem since the casuals.

If only AFC realised how lucky they were in this respect.

Oi....

Forgive me if it’s already been posted elsewhere, I’m not rummaging through all the other shite on here to find out... ;)....but there’s an applause during the 71st minute tomorrow for an old friend of donstalk and other afc forums - Phoenix, who sadly passed away this week.

That’s all. Carry on.

:AFC2:

Absolutely shite from the club, although the bit about having to clean up after themselves? What a daft thing to moan about, of course you should do that?!? I’d have thought that Afc would let them use their refuse storage though, seems very Scrooge like.  There has to be more to this. What the hell is the “fan rep” and the dst actually doing ???

Sad state of affairs, our displays are always pretty good and the club even ends up using it in their promotional material  ::)

Anyway back on topic. COYR into these hibbie bastards