Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Post split fixtures

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we got a good schedule, and I think it's between us and the huns for 2nd. Huns have -

Hearts (H)

Celtic (A)

Killie (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Hibs (A)

Hoping our game is the 2nd place decider on May 8........not sure that helps us though!  Last game of the season sees us play the tims which could become a u20 game if we both play each other in the cup final. Although chances are the tims will have nothing to play for and may rest bodies for the final.

Really fear for this split. To the point where I can't see where we're going to get 3 points apart from Killie.  We'll have the guys back and i've no doubt they'll bounce back, but we're too tactically naive and weak minded to know how to beat the others. This season has been a failure and I have no doubts the uncertainty regarding DM's future at crucial times has cost us. It seems like the team have no belief anymore.

I've seen elsewhere that we should be grateful because of what's happened in the past, we're currently joint second  :rofl: and what should we expect? Firstly, there is no such thing as joint second, we're third. And really? You could go as far back as the 70's 80's etc and say look how good we were.

What I would like to see is those who're not going to be here next season dropped. Fuck it, the U-20's have managed to get to a cup final, start to blood them. They really can't have any less fight than these charlatans. Of course we all know that is not going to happen.

Not feeling as optimistic as I was before that heap of crap from yesterday.

McInnes now admitting recruitment was a problem with his back up players.

I have always hated loan player deals. They are not the way ahead for our club.

Gid rid of ALL our loan deals for good.

Start at least one youngster in the first team every game. Give them a chance to shine.

Another message to McInnes stop signing players that are injured. WTF is that all about.

We will not end up as runners up this season.

Not only get rid of loans, ban loans altogether.

If we can't persuaded anyone else to join in then announce that we alone ban loans.

Most of all, never never never go crawling to Celtic for a shottie of one of their players.

I may have mentioned this a couple of years ago.

I think there is a place for loans, but not at the expense of our own player development and I'm not an advocate of loans between clubs in the same league.

I also think we should drop the players who won't be here next season and see how we get on, I'd rather be shyte trying things than be shyte with the same old, but we know it won't happen.

I also think we should drop the players who won't be here next season and see how we get on, I'd rather be shyte trying things than be shyte with the same old, but we know it won't happen.

Don't agree - need to try and get over the line especially since we're not in Europe yet.

Hibs reckon they're going to sell out the away end at Pittodrie. Good on them, but about time. Hearts and Hibs regularly benefit from large Aberdeen supports down there yet bring hardly anyone up here.

Trying to think of the last time any side other thank the Old Firm or Dundee United sold out the away end. My guess would've Dundee when Cannigia made his debut.

Also trying to think when was the last time Hibs had 2000+ at Pittodrie. Probably not since the 70s.

I believe Dundee sold out the away section twice in the same season.

Once for Cannigia's debut and the second time as a win would take them into the top 6. I found the latter to be really strange as their fans had radios with them and big cheers went up whenever their 'challengers' (I think it was Dunfermline) went a goal behind. For me such behaviour should be reserved for your team winning the league or avoiding relegation, not for the 'honour' of a guaranteed 6th place fininsh.

They won both games 2-0 too  :hammer:

Given how shit the away section at pittodrie is I'm personally not surprised it rarely sells out.

• 2 weeks later...

It sticks in one's craw when I see some Dons fans criticising our players and saying that the team are shit, when we are still in with a great chance of finishing the season in second place. When we have all the Scottish media and TV pundits behind Sevco for second position and hardly ever speak about the fantastic achievement by the Dons again this term.

Even If we end up in 3rd place ( which I don't think we will, Hibs will win on Sunday ) our fans should be behind ALL our squad.  :thumbsup:

I don't think there is has been much if anything to get excited about in all honesty. They've failed to deliver every single occasion. Even if we achieve second, which should be an achievement in itself, it feels like, as is usual with a McInnes team post split, we're limping across the line and somehow fluked it.  I'd argue that we're only there due to the ineptitude of others around us.  The game against the hunnery was a prime example of this and hence the poor crowds for the last two home games.

I'll applaud the team from behind my laptop, well actually I won't because the game is at a stupid time, but you get my point.  I'm genuinely pleased the season is basically over.  I hope and pray for a better summer from McInnes this year.

I don't think there is has been much if anything to get excited about in all honesty. They've failed to deliver every single occasion. Even if we achieve second, which should be an achievement in itself, it feels like, as is usual with a McInnes team post split, we're limping across the line and somehow fluked it.  I'd argue that we're only there due to the ineptitude of others around us.  The game against the hunnery was a prime example of this and hence the poor crowds for the last two home games.

I'll applaud the team from behind my laptop, well actually I won't because the game is at a stupid time, but you get my point.  I'm genuinely pleased the season is basically over.  I hope and pray for a better summer from McInnes this year.

Exactly Manc. Performances, in the main, have been pretty sub-standard across the season.  So, on one hand it would be only right to say that in those circumstances it is an achievement in itself to still be in with a chance of 2nd.

On the other, you could also say that even a slight improvement in performances and therefore results would have seen us at least apply a bit of pressure on Celtic and at least having wrapped up 2nd place.

But we have a manager and too many in the support who don't think like that. Happy to be second. Brendan's team are too good, we can't touch them. We can't get close to them, so we'll aim for second.

A few players this season have really carried us through and credit to them. Too many individuals have not pulled their weight this season. The horrible period of McInnes flirting with the huns, two really poor cup exits and wilting against the OF continually means I'll also be relieved when this season is over.  Good recruitment is essential this summer, DM has admitted that he bought poorly last summer, a repeat of that is unthinkable if we actually want to challenge for silverware.