Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

99 Problems (But The Pitch Ain't One).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps. I don't see why that's the TV Crew's fault, though.

If you could see the setup in that place for a match, you'd understand. There just isn't the time to be faffing about with mics so that they're away from the away fans. And far too much cabling involved.

If a mic goes down, do you think the sound manager wants to be trawling over and up to the RDS, or does he want the mic to be infront of him up in the gantry to be easily fixed?

Fact remains, whichever media group we get gracing Pittodrie, they make it sound like a home game for the o.f. Better sound mix then?

Nah, they're just the louder bunch for the most part

Just want to add that i'm not even fishing here. For the most part, the OF fans really are the loudest. That goes for this entire season, possibly longer.

Wow wow wow. As a cameraman who films football myself, i can categorically say that the BBC and Setanta have much better and pressing matters to attend to on match day than running cable or setting up wireless mics all the way from the gantry to the RDS.

The gantry is in the south stand, so that's where the mics have got to be

Well the easy solution would be for the club to run permanent cables up to the RDS and when the very, very busy media people  ;) come to town they just plug in either end.

I've been to many OF games where the sound in the RDS has been deafening.  When you watch the highlights or the game again all you hear are the Huns/Tims and not a peep from the home fans.

How's that going to entice any stay away fans?

"Sounded like there was naebody there!"

More community type work.  Falkirk are a prime example.  They always have workshops going on, and also visit local schools on a regular basis. 

As far as I'm aware this doesn't really happen at AFC.

Also how about building decent training facilities?  The facilities we currently have are diabolical.

More community type work.  Falkirk are a prime example.  They always have workshops going on, and also visit local schools on a regular basis. 

As far as I'm aware this doesn't really happen at AFC.

Also how about building decent training facilities?  The facilities we currently have are diabolical.

Aberdeen have their own 'Dons in the Community' scheme which addresses this.

Although i do believe it'd be good to be able to offer a class or school free tickets or reduced prices for certain games.

truning pittodrie into a better atmosphere is a good idea.

a "singing section" for those that love a bounce at the game.

Merkland is the perfect place for it.

move the family folkies to the main or Rds.

also think it would be a better idea to close the upper RDS for the non OF matches. its a great atmosphere when you sit in it but the noise just isnt heard on the pitch where it needs to be.

truning pittodrie into a better atmosphere is a good idea.

a "singing section" for those that love a bounce at the game.

Merkland is the perfect place for it.

move the family folkies to the main or Rds.

also think it would be a better idea to close the upper RDS for the non OF matches. its a great atmosphere when you sit in it but the noise just isnt heard on the pitch where it needs to be.

That appears to be the crux of the problem with regards creating anatmosphere. I have sat in the South stand quite a bit this season ans i have to say,that despite the noise the upper RDS makes. (Having been there many, many times), surprisingly little of the racket made up there actually travels as far as the visiting fans to thier left, never mind the pitch. I would, however, like to see you explain to the season ticket holders nd regulars why they aint getting up there when smaller teams ome to town. ::)

I dinnae think a singing section would work - it'd just end in in-fighting when some folk decided they cannae be arsed singing when we're getting pumped 3-0...

also, with things like this, I think there'd be fierce competition to get into the section "cause it's the place with the singing and best aptmosphere" but you'd inevitably get folk who go who wouldn't make the effort once inside.

Better merchandise with more DVD's - these can be knocked up super-cheap these days - no need to go to Aberdeen Video Conferencing just to get ripped off through force of habit.

Some t-shirts for the fans that like that sort of thing... you only need to look at the supporters club and fan-made t-shirts in Munchen to see there's a market.  I heard the club shop doesn't even sell kits for kids under 5 - what the F*CK?!?!?

Definately Cheaper admission prices... demand for english prem games went sky high, therefore ticket prices did too - supply and demand - there is not much demand in Scotland now, so why do they keep increasing ticket prices?!?  Even a bigger sway in prices between the varying games would be good - tenner for Gretna, £22 for Rangers - supply and demand.

Catering is also overpriced and totally shit.

Free tickets to school kids.

Sell tickets at bridge street shop - it's all computerised surely?!?

Some more fan events organised by the club - outwith the AGM.  Something in the dick donald with a few players, some entertainment, and a bevvy.  We can be trusted you know.

and for the good of me (nae the club)...

A roof over section Y.

Hardcore Techno music as the team come out.

And lastly, I think a fans rep on the board would be a good idea  ::)

Completely agree, even with a wee bit of Scott Brown pumping out  ;) Apart from maybe having a roof over the Y. I have taken in many games, and I love that spot, especially when, and I use that term losely, the sun shines  :thumbsup:

I dinnae think a singing section would work - it'd just end in in-fighting when some folk decided they cannae be arsed singing when we're getting pumped 3-0...

also, with things like this, I think there'd be fierce competition to get into the section "cause it's the place with the singing and best aptmosphere" but you'd inevitably get folk who go who wouldn't make the effort once inside.

Better merchandise with more DVD's - these can be knocked up super-cheap these days - no need to go to Aberdeen Video Conferencing just to get ripped off through force of habit.

Some t-shirts for the fans that like that sort of thing... you only need to look at the supporters club and fan-made t-shirts in Munchen to see there's a market.  I heard the club shop doesn't even sell kits for kids under 5 - what the F*CK?!?!?

Definately Cheaper admission prices... demand for english prem games went sky high, therefore ticket prices did too - supply and demand - there is not much demand in Scotland now, so why do they keep increasing ticket prices?!?  Even a bigger sway in prices between the varying games would be good - tenner for Gretna, £22 for Rangers - supply and demand.

Catering is also overpriced and totally shit.

Free tickets to school kids.

Sell tickets at bridge street shop - it's all computerised surely?!?

Some more fan events organised by the club - outwith the AGM.  Something in the dick donald with a few players, some entertainment, and a bevvy.  We can be trusted you know.

and for the good of me (nae the club)...

A roof over section Y.

Hardcore Techno music as the team come out.

And lastly, I think a fans rep on the board would be a good idea  ::)

They do my ween loons got one its just nae official there's nae sponsor and nae nike badge other than that its nae bad there's a club badge and it's got a wee white collar.

Also widnae trust the computer system for tickets my mate bought his Caley and hearts tickets at the same time because he was offshore at the time of the hearts game, when he phoned for his munich ticket he was told they "couldn't see" his hearts ticket and he would have to bring his stub to the ticket office when he collected his bayern ticket (he'd given it to mate as he was away). Thankfully it apperared on the gadgies screen and he got it sent out ot him, but he was worried and piss off for a few minutes.

1. Bring back John McRuvie as the PA and music selector. His wind-up songs were priceless!

2. Ban Charlie Allan.

3. Rerelease old strips from each season. Surely if they are Aberdeen's strips, then nae fuckin sports label can stop Aberdeen fae selling them, regardless of who the current strip manufacturer is! I for one reckon the JVC top would fly off the shelves. But knowing the club, they'll order 6000 copies of the dark blue Northsound strip wi' the spew on the shoulder.

4. Bring back Wee Alickie

5. Ban Charlie Allan.

6. Only allow Redz & Co back if they bin the ogres, dwarves, goblins and freaks that currently "entertain" us at half time and instead get some decent lookin burds. I mean ... 2-0 down against Killie at half time, Pittodrie Pie, 210 celcius burny burny bovril, Hobbits&Co ... hardly surprising that Jaeger keeps pissing off at half time.

1. Bring back John McRuvie as the PA and music selector. His wind-up songs were priceless!

Great shout.  Remember when we were playing some Polish team and he announces a substitution "And the player going off is Picz.......................................I actually thought he was having a good game".

(pronounded "pish")