Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

99 Problems (But The Pitch Ain't One).

It appears to me that us board/bored users have all the answers to our problems, but are we actually doing enough (anything?) about it other than bitching and moaning on t'interweb?

It's the same stuff that keeps getting mentioned on the boards but nothing or nobody does anything about it.  The fans on the continent are quick enough to voice their opinions, be that staged walk-outs or by boycotting games.  Whereas we all piss and moan about the same things week in, week out without actually doing anything constructive about it (maybe we just enjoy a good moan?)

Now I'm not talking about doing anything to financially hurt the club as they seem to be doing pretty well on that front, but I thought we could be a bit more constructive and list some decent pointers for them.

Doesn't have to be anything ground breaking, just something which you think would make your AFC experience a little better.  Obviously we all want to sign Messi but it's not going to happen, so probably the simplier ideas will have more chance (if any) of getting some sort of response.

If we get a decent response I'll clean it up and send it onto the club.  I'll start off with a few and feel free to add......

1.  4-4-2.

2.  TV microphones placed in front of the RDS instead of away (OF) fans.

3.  'Team of the Decade' / old games / season reviews on DVD.

4.  If the EE has nothing nice to say, then they don't get to say it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the fans rep on the board could act as more of a go between with supporters and the board of directors? I sent Chris Gavin an email some years ago now when Paterson was in charge, Chris replied to me and while being very courteous he answered none of my questions or concerns.

The fans representative isn't representing the fans, as far as I can see.

One for the SFA, but fitting a bar in the RDS concourse for pre-match and half-time drinks!  Preferably with some Dunkel and Jagermeister!

Release this years European adventure on DVD.

Organise top class opposition for Gothenburg anniversary.  (Real Madrid, Barcelona or Man Utd).

Ban Charlie Allan from the ground.

Keep Old Firm fans in ground while home supporters can go home first up Park Road.

One for the SFA, but fitting a bar in the RDS concourse for pre-match and half-time drinks!  Preferably with some Dunkel and Jagermeister!

Organise top class opposition for Gothenburg anniversary.  (Real Madrid, Barcelona or Man Utd).

Keep Old Firm fans in ground while home supporters can go home first up Park Road.

Rumour has it that it will be Man United.

Get some decent gear in the club shop. One look at the Bayern's club shop items and I was embarrassed by the state of some of our stuff in comparison.

I know that Bayern is a global brand in footballing terms, but they had some decent kit that I don't think would be too difficult for AFC to follow.

Retro club strips, the 1983 tops, che-miller, 'gothenburg' t-shirts, adi-originals gear. All clothing that Aberdeen FC has had no part in nor has capitalised on whatsoever. Clicking on the 'designer' section on the afc clubshop and you can't help but cringe.

:thumbsup:

I agree 100%

Get some decent gear in the club shop. One look at the Bayern's club shop items and I was embarrassed by the state of some of our stuff in comparison.

I know that Bayern is a global brand in footballing terms, but they had some decent kit that I don't think would be too difficult for AFC to follow.

Retro club strips, the 1983 tops, che-miller, 'gothenburg' t-shirts, adi-originals gear. All clothing that Aberdeen FC has had no part in nor has capitalised on whatsoever. Clicking on the 'designer' section on the afc clubshop and you can't help but cringe.

:thumbsup:

Exactly fit we were talking about pre stadium tour on the Friday afternoon at the Allianz. The range or as you state lack of range and variety is embarassing

the alcohol in the ground pre match/ half time issue isn't really one for the SFA, but is for the Scottish Parliament and given Kenny McAskill's [ sp ?? ] crusade against binge drinking, don't think it'll change in a hurry >:(

It's hard enough to get a pie at Pittodrie, never mind a drink (or a "binge") also can't see a pint of warm, flat Tennent's being less than £5 judging by the prices of all the food.

>Reverse the ban on flags bigger than one person can carry rule for home fans in the SS.

>More female police officers

>As JJ said, more clothing in the shop/web

>Get rid of Reds n co - we aint in America

>Stop that announcer mooing out "Coooombe oooon yew weeeeds" at the start of the game, if he insits on saying something do it in a fashion less like a cow being milked

>Better quality food, I quite like the sound of the fish pie they have at Peterheid. Even if they had a wee stall selling cullen skink for the freezing cold days.

>Better quaility of music over the PA

>Reverse the ban on flags bigger than one person can carry rule for home fans in the SS.

>More female police officers

>As JJ said, more clothing in the shop/web

>Get rid of Reds n co - we aint in America

>Stop that announcer mooing out "Coooombe oooon yew weeeeds" at the start of the game, if he insits on saying something do it in a fashion less like a cow being milked

>Better quality food, I quite like the sound of the fish pie they have at Peterheid. Even if they had a wee stall selling cullen skink for the freezing cold days.

>Better quaility of music over the PA

Thought you wanted rid of Redz n co

The bar in the ground thing, in this day and age where we get our tickets scanned and also trying to cut down on "binge drinking", why not, yes lets have the bar, but before you purchase your drink you get your (season) ticket scanned so you can only purchase one or two drinks per game, hence any folk drunk at the game won't be because of booze in the ground and the club get a wee earner out of it.

If they did start serving drink like that at games they better make it pre-match and half-time only other wise I'd never see a game ;D

Wouldn't mind the penalty shoot out thing making a return to half time breaks.  Used to quite enjoy watching that.

Going back to STs original point, I was thinking recently (a dangerous activity I know, I came close to hurting myself on more than one occasion). There have been a few groups of fans that have taken militant action (apart from pelting away fans with flares) by staging game strikes. But in order to make such an activity hit home you need to make it positive. So stage a strike for one game with a completely empty stadim at home, but if you can ensure that the next home game is extremely well attended, then surely that sends out  stronger message of fan power than by just staying away?

Agree with the sentiment that the club shop sells a load of dross. Surely our marketing is not so inept to bring in a bob or to through DVD's of the glory years??

It appears to me that us board/bored users have all the answers to our problems, but are we actually doing enough (anything?) about it other than bitching and moaning on t'interweb?

It's the same stuff that keeps getting mentioned on the boards but nothing or nobody does anything about it.  The fans on the continent are quick enough to voice their opinions, be that staged walk-outs or by boycotting games.  Whereas we all piss and moan about the same things week in, week out without actually doing anything constructive about it (maybe we just enjoy a good moan?)

Now I'm not talking about doing anything to financially hurt the club as they seem to be doing pretty well on that front, but I thought we could be a bit more constructive and list some decent pointers for them.

Doesn't have to be anything ground breaking, just something which you think would make your AFC experience a little better.  Obviously we all want to sign Messi but it's not going to happen, so probably the simplier ideas will have more chance (if any) of getting some sort of response.

If we get a decent response I'll clean it up and send it onto the club.  I'll start off with a few and feel free to add......

1.  4-4-2.

2.  TV microphones placed in front of the RDS instead of away (OF) fans.

3.  'Team of the Decade' / old games / season reviews on DVD.

4.  If the EE has nothing nice to say, then they don't get to say it.

Wow wow wow. As a cameraman who films football myself, i can categorically say that the BBC and Setanta have much better and pressing matters to attend to on match day than running cable or setting up wireless mics all the way from the gantry to the RDS.

The gantry is in the south stand, so that's where the mics have got to be

Wow wow wow. As a cameraman who films football myself, i can categorically say that the BBC and Setanta have much better and pressing matters to attend to on match day than running cable or setting up wireless mics all the way from the gantry to the RDS.

The gantry is in the south stand, so that's where the mics have got to be

Do you mean whoa?

And yes they have to wank all over which ever of the old firm manager is in town  ::)

Well when you lot bother to turn up at Pittodrie, it gives out a completely negative and false view of the Aberdeen home support for such games.  We already know that bias exists in the press, so why not do something to rectify that? Its not that far, surely.

One twisted sorta positive is that exposes the o.f. for what they are. biggots. everytime.