Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tims vs Dons

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know.

He's scored some important important goals for west ham and I see him getting into some good positions.

I do think he's a little lazy maybe but I still feel he has something to offer.

He BADLY needs a goal!

His confidence must be shot and he's had a few injuries in his career.

Get a goal Nicky...prove me right ffs.

Haha.

If it's only "a" goal you're looking for, he may come good for you - a tap in would  be the most likely route to that. He'll do nothing beyond that.  An exceptionally poor signing

Well u guys know more than me.

Should I give up hope?

"Hope" makes it sound like we're not giving the guy a chance and that he's only a goal away from becoming a decent striker. He's actually a really bad footballer who doesn't deserve the opportunity we're continuing to give him.  Hope we should reserve for guys like Wright, Ross, Smith, Shankland, Nuttall and Magennis who've come through our youth and shown potential at times. These types are the guys that have been sidelined for years to give game time to charlatans like Maynard, Parker and so on. We've sent 19 year old Bruce Anderson away out on loan. He simply couldn't have done worse than Maynard - it isn't possible. Connor McLennan on loan to Brechin. 530 minutes of wasted pitch time in return for nothing. And it should have been obvious. I'd rather we wasted that on someone we're already paying for. We need to cut out this dross-employment. There's at least one in every season, and usually 2-3. Last season was Morris (anyone?), Burns and Storey. This season it's Maynard and Ball. They can both fuck off in January, but we need to learn not to replace them again on a whim. I can accept bad signings, but these are not that. They're punts to make up the numbers.

This convo is reminding me of when Mike Newell played for us.

I was pretty much the only one of my mates who was cutting him some slack, rest of them had made up their minds that he was hopeless.

My argument on one occasion was "he can't be all that bad, the guy has a Leagues winners medal!" mate replied with "well, judging by the way he runs and kicks a ba' he must keep the fucking thing inside his boot!"  :-\

We need to cut out this dross-employment. There's at least one in every season, and usually 2-3. Last season was Morris (anyone?), Burns and Storey. This season it's Maynard and Ball. They can both fuck off in January, but we need to learn not to replace them again on a whim. I can accept bad signings, but these are not that. They're punts to make up the numbers.

I agreed with everything you said, but this last bit especially. Why oh why does he persist on making these shite signings, ones that we can all see a mile off? I guess it's almost representative of some of his tactics where he over complicates or over thinks things.  Tries to be too clever.  We have yet to be proved wrong and the worst part of it is, they get more game time than youth players we could easily promote.  Just don't get it.  Even if the youth are dross, at least they're dross we're already paying for.

Well if maynard is hopeless so is Rooney at the moment.

Can anyone disagree with that?

I think Rooney is great but he's doing just as much as Maynard.

I’m sorry I’ll have to disagree with you there. Rooney is on the scoresheet this season, Maynard is not. This is still with the pathetic service Rooney has had to deal with or being punted out wide. Rooney deserves far more respect than being mentioned in the same breath as that charlatan.

I’m sorry I’ll have to disagree with you there. Rooney is on the scoresheet this season, Maynard is not. This is still with the pathetic service Rooney has had to deal with or being punted out wide. Rooney deserves far more respect than being mentioned in the same breath as that charlatan.

Id still describe Rooney is fairly innefective though.

So many games he's done absolutely nothing this season.

In terms of performance I'd certainly put him in the same sentence as Maynard.

Anyway we could talk about this all day.id love Rooney and Maynard to score more and may for that matter but at least may is a team player and lays off more and gets far more involved.

How's NZ Manc. You enjoying yourself?

Anyway we could talk about this all day.id love Rooney and Maynard to score more and may for that matter but at least may is a team player and lays off more and gets far more involved.

[/quot

For Aberdeen to be a better team we need a better player than Rooney leading the line. Not sure May is the answer.

However, Rooney is a penalty box scorer. Miles better than Maynard, can’t put them in the same sentence, plus they are very different players. Rooney is joint top scorer this season despite limited starts and opportunities, despite playing wide a lot, and despite much poorer service compared to previous seasons.

Rooney deserves credit. Maynard deserves a free transfer.

hasn't Maynard received poor service too then?

And he gets far less time on the pitch.

I'm not saying I'm wrong, I just want him to score 1 goal and see if it does anything for his performances.

So Rooney is a striker who can only tap in from the 6 yard box and not shoot from outside the box?

He can't come inside from his wing and have a pop at goal?

He isn't getting fed the service he requires for tap ins.

Then drop him to the bench against Celtic.He's no use then.

McInnes should bring back McGinn and play him in the strikers role where he was prolific.

Rooney being ineffectual is just down to service. We’re not playing to his strengths. Whereas Maynard has none. He absolutely has to go in January. Rooney has given us nothing but joy and sure, his days as a no.1 starter should be reducing however that replacement has yet to be found.

Nz is good thanks, start a job first week of new year here in Wellington!  :thumbsup:

Tax doesn't have to be taxing

Some cunt on thon advert.

Fucks at got te dee wi Deek like?

“In character, in manner, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity”

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains”

Steve Jobs