Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Kris Boyd's Scotland Squad Opinion

SeeBass

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rarely have I seen a more inept display than that tonight by Phillips. So will no doubt be top of sevco's wish list next summer...

Mclean....utterly anonymous, we could have played with the other 10 men only and been no worse off.

Shinnie....was he carrying a niggling injury? On his home ground he could have been given the last 10-15 minutes surely to fuck?

Doubt we will see another international in Aberdeen again until the new ground, wherever/whenever it ends up, is up and running.

Mclean....utterly anonymous, we could have played with the other 10 men only and been no worse off.

I had to pick up the wife after the game so heard the commentary team. Michael Stewart had to check himself but what he wanted to say was McLean was shite tonight. He was incredulous that Shinnie didn’t start ahead of him nor come on for him.

McLean’s crime tonight was being a fake charlatan arsehole. He was showboating in a Scotland shirt, trying to look so composed and in control the few times he did find the ball at his feet but did fuck all other than a simple couple of cross field passes. So lacking in pace and energy, particularly in the mind. The way he was holding his arms out like he was directing traffic was hideous and embarrassing. He was pretending that he belonged at international level. He was fucking appalling and contributed nothing of value. He positioned himself in space often, but in spaces when they had the ball where he wouldn’t be involved, doing nothing, neither man-marking nor zonal defence. If I cared enough about Scotland, I may have seen another equally shocking debut but I doubt it. I was only watching him on the telly cos we pay his wages and the game was at Pittodrie.

McGinn was impressive, the rest ...................

Harsh. I thought Jack was very good. I agree McGinn impressed in terms of his potential for the future but I expect a few others tonight to become good international players, not that Andy Robertson got anywhere near pass marks tonight. Christie wasn’t effective in terms of “assists” or goals but he showed magic feet and great desire. I really rate Callum McGregor but unfortunately his fuck-up cost us the goal. I doubt Tierney has ever been asked to play in that position before but he’ll be excellent for Scotland in the years ahead under a (hopefully) semi-competent manager. Ryan Fraser is a very good footballer too but I don’t know much about the other sub Cummings but the Sportsound team rate him as a prospect.

I heard Malky Mackay’s interview. The boy’s a balloon. A deluded arse-licking establishment self-protectionist.

Worryingly, that is the type of manager the SFA want and will get.

I heard Regan talking to Jim White on talksport yesterday as I was driving to a lunch appointment. You’re right by the way, Garlogie min, the Garlogie Inn does a very good meal. Never let us down. Regan spoke a very good game, reeling off the recent achievements of the U17, U18, U21 Scotland teams, achievements I was totally unaware of but they had to be true, he wouldn’t make shit up on national radio.

But his tone was dead and he mixed in tons of consultancy-speak and establishment cliches, performance reviews and strategies and blah blah blah. This is the problem. I come across this in other sports. I come across this all the time. An incompetent manager, promoted into a position beyond his capabilities does nothing other than talk up the organisation, highlighting only positives and spinning averages and mediocrity into plus points too. But they never tell us the whole picture, they ignore the failings and they never give the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. They delude themselves and they try to pull the wool over all of our eyes because holding on to paid employment is their sole aim, their only goal, protecting their own arse even if the organisation is broken.

He should never have been recruited. His mouth was the give-away, not just the shite that comes out of it but the eerie and creepy way he uses it to shape his words. It’s like it was built to suck cock, maybe not literally but he’s a professional arselicker for sure. As is Malky. Malky. What sort of name is that? Fucking penis.

Anyone unhappy with that is a miserable cunt.

Some great play by a new look team against top opposition!

That touch and run by Fraser was first class.

Holland were very lucky to win that.

We were also missing our 3 best players arguably.

McGregor is fantastic.

Great friendly to try new guys out and to enhance or expose players.

With the right manager we could be a superb team.

Although they weren’t “top opposition”. They failed to qualify. Willie Miller was very specific in articulating their failings and highlighting their glaring weaknesses, more glaring to him of course given his life background than to some imbecile who rates a footballer for being good at taking corners.

What u on about now?

Are you referring to me saying May's corners were very good in ONE game yet not his skills as a striker actually scoring goals?

You really analyse my posts aplenty eh?

I'm taking it as a compliment cheers.

:)

Aside from the various merits of their play, when Ryan Fraser came on last night there were five former or current Dons on the park. Must be some time since something like that happened. Two of them even came through our youth system which is pretty surprising.

In terms of performances, I thought Jack was the best of the newbies, McGinn and McGregor did well enough but gave possession away quite cheaply at times. I'd definitely prefer to see them being given continued opportunities rather than Fletcher, Morrison, McArthur etc being brought back in.

McLean gave a typical "minimalist" performance and his failure to track the runner for the goal was pretty shocking. He did come into the game a bit more in the second half but was basically picking the ball up from the defence and shuttling it to the wide men.

Christie will be some player, his passing wasn't quite sharp enough in the first half but that'll be over-enthusiasm or nerves. He showed touch and movement that was superior to probably anyone else in our squad and on a par with the best of the Dutch. The one in the second half where he picked up a cut back was interesting; his first touch wasn't great but he still managed to keep hold of the ball. If that had been most other Scottish players the ball would've bounced off him and out the park after his miscontrol but he was good enough and sharp enough to get it back under control.

And Tierney was our best player on the night, his reading of the game and ability to make tackles was superb. He's definitely a better left back than centre back at the moment but who knows where his career will take him.

Aside from the various merits of their play, when Ryan Fraser came on last night there were five former or current Dons on the park. Must be some time since something like that happened. Two of them even came through our youth system which is pretty surprising.

I'm having a brain freeze here wtr. Who was the 5th? I only count 4.

Child neglector.

Ha ha. I forgot about him or possibly erased the cunt from my consciousness.

Interesting comment before the game by Willie Miller. He was saying that Mulgrew shouldn't be near this game as we know what he can do (and not do) and this was an opportunity to look at the future prospects. Of course who did the fud interim manager put on for the lamentable Berra - before he injured any more of our players, running inexplicably into Tierney and McLean when they were best positioned for the clearing header and unfortunately not wiping KM out of the game in the process - but the said Mulgrew.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

First time in a LONG time that I looked at the starting line up in a Scotland game and thought, we've actually got a half decent team here.

If you take last nights side, get rid of McLean and Phillips then chuck in Brown and Griffiths I would be quite confident if we could find a decent centre half to replace Berra.

Hopefully Burke will also come good shortly.

Didn’t see the game but based on what I’m hearing Jack played well. With him and Paterson do we leave Tierney in the middle?  Maybe in a year or two McKenna makes the step up? Pick a right back from those two and there’s your back 4 when you add Robertson. I’m a big fan of McGregor and McGinn, add Armstrong and Griffis. Play Christie wide with Ryan Fraser on the other side. With Gordon in goal I’d take that 11 and have more interest than watching much of the shit that’s been in the team the last few years.

I would include Armstrong too. Problem is Centre Back. I don't want Tierney in there so that leaves two to recruit and therefore struggling to find a position for both Tierney and Robertson. Would never have thought of Jack as a Scotland starter let alone RB but he did more than enough last night to earn the chance to play there again in the next friendly.

Didn’t see the game but based on what I’m hearing Jack played well. With him and Paterson do we leave Tierney in the middle?  Maybe in a year or two McKenna makes the step up? Pick a right back from those two and there’s your back 4 when you add Robertson. I’m a big fan of McGregor and McGinn, add Armstrong and Griffis. Play Christie wide with Ryan Fraser on the other side. With Gordon in goal I’d take that 11 and have more interest than watching much of the shit that’s been in the team the last few years.

I'm desperate to see the back of Gordon. Deserved to be hung, drawn and sixteenthed after the England 2-2.

Would Jack be good in the middle of the back with Scott McKenna alongside him, with Paterson and Tierney covering the wings?

Here's my next Scotland team: -

Clangfield (until I can think of someone)

Paterson - Jack - McKenna - Tierney

Armstrong - Brown - McGinn - Christie

Fraser - Griffiths

Robertson the best of the subs, challenging Christie's position, or McGinn if he's struggling cos Ryan is so versatile he could go inside to feed off and in front of Brown.

I haven't seen much of Paul Hanlon in recent years, but he looked very good when we played at Easter Road a few weeks ago. Know nothing about Liam Cooper, but he's playing at a higher level than Mulgrew is currently, and will actually still be around when the next major tournament we can possibly qualify for comes around. Shame we didn't see either of them get a chance last night.