Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Milne response

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever, no problem.

Aside from that Milne is a house seller - he sells lots of hooses to people in Lanarkshire, Strathclyde, Renfreshshire, Glasgow and in the central belt.  Hundreds of hooses - its how he keeps profit coming in and how he lines his pockets with wads of cash.

It would not be good business for Stewart Milne Homes Ltd to lead some anti-Rangers strip them of title campaign, would it???? Given he is Chairman of AFC.  He didn't make millions in construction by fronting a deconstruct Rangers FC campaign.

You have to think about it. Why do you think he wants to flatten Pittodrie?  There is money in it for him!

Oh dear, doing so well, so well I was agreeing with all of your post, and then you come out with this pejorative, no need at all you superior toonser mink.

Have nothing whatsoever personally against small town dwellers including those from Tongue, Elrick, Banff etc etc or wherever.  He lives in some mansion in Bieldside you'd think he develop a posh voice by now.

But Milne comes across as a stereotypical country idiot - for a successful multi millionaire self-made man who is wealthy and must interact with all sorts of business people in different industry sectors where presentation skills, professional demeanour is required he does not come across well at all.  He cannot even dress properly last time seen him he was wearing some baggy black shirt looked stupid.  He cannot make public announcements properly and just does not come across well at all so leave it to George Yule or PR team!

Statements about things that should be left well alone - he puts his foot in it all the time.  Same as comments about fans buying season tickets to allow derek to buy players (when you've just made £1.3m on Hayes!) McInnes doesn't need all this shi*e talk verbals about rangers in background.

Can Milne not just stay in the background? - He must have daily responsibilities at his business interests.

Ok, taken a couple of days to make my response to this.

Read article in full on Saturday morning whilst waiting for a haircut (nae my paper).

Read it with increasing disgust and anger and thought how the fuck could you Milne ?

Reflecting on said article and Milne's comments now, my view has slightly mellowed.

Bottom line is I know Glasgow Rangers cheated, you know Glasgow Rangers cheated, Stewart Milne knows Glasgow Rangers cheated.... for fuck sake even the most dyed in the wool Hun cunt knows Glasgow Rangers cheated. Do I think they should have any honours won during the period involved removed from them...Damn right I do.

Do I love AFC more than I hate them and what they've done....again damn right I do.

Will this issue go away....no fucking chance, however will the honours be stripped...ultimately I think not, and to be honest Milne's comments certainly don't help the cause

Scottish football and those that run it are a bunch of corrupt cunts only interested in protecting their own position and income.

Should Milne have come away with the things he said in that interview......No he fucking shouldn't have.

This is one of those instances where Milne would have been better served by saying fuck all regardless of what he thought and as has been said, why the fuck is our chairman talking about them less than 24 hours after his team has just won away from home in Europe.

Not really sure what he thought he was going to achieve by this article and can only see it doing more harm than good.

He lives in some mansion in Bieldside you'd think he develop a posh voice by now.

But Milne comes across as a stereotypical country idiot - for a successful multi millionaire self-made man who is wealthy and must interact with all sorts of business people in different industry sectors where presentation skills, professional demeanour is required he does not come across well at all.  He cannot even dress properly last time seen him he was wearing some baggy black shirt looked stupid.  He cannot make public announcements properly and just does not come across well at all so leave it to George Yule or PR team

I'm going to presume you don't really mean this.

I mean, why did the bugger even think about going into the business world without a public school education and a posh voice?

He really should have known his place.

Reputable news source? What time warp do you live in? I would've added "fuckwit" to that last question and even though it's the Eberdeen wye, either you or a fuckwit piss weak "moderator" would've taken offence.

Grow a set. Rely on yourself. Develop an instinct and then use it.

Milne is a cancer for AFC. I've known this for a quarter of a century and have been posting this for a decade. Some of you are too fucking thick to see the obvious.

Hemmin, i was commenting on the Mail, nae Milne.  I dinnae pay attention to anything "exclusive" that paper churns out, its all solely targeted at causing division in one way or another, the only part of me that sees its stories up close is my airse.

Hemmin, i was commenting on the Mail, nae Milne.  I dinnae pay attention to anything "exclusive" that paper churns out, its all solely targeted at causing division in one way or another, the only part of me that sees its stories up close is my airse.

I'm well aware of what you were commenting on. You missed my point.

There are no "reputable news sources" within the mainstream media. Even Channel 4 News - which clearly has more independence - is still prone to selling a party line, demonising any opposition and failing to ask the real questions. Who are the "reputable" sources to whom you listen?

...you'd think he develop a posh voice by now.

You're kidding right?

...where presentation skills, professional demeanour is required...

And why does anyone (other than a professional presenter) need presentation skills?

And what's a professional demeanour?

He cannot even dress properly...

He cannot make public announcements properly...

What is proper dress?

And what is the proper way to announce to the public?

Expectation is that fuck all will change and merely paying lip service to the whole thing BUT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40707999

Rangers' use of a controversial tax scheme will be reviewed by the Scottish Professional Football League, Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie has told the BBC.

It follows a Supreme Court ruling in favour of HM Revenue and Customs over the club's use of Employee Benefit Trusts between 2001 and 2010.

The SPFL's new board was meeting on Monday following its annual elections.

But it is unlikely to make a decision about the Supreme Court ruling that deemed the EBT scheme unlawful.

A Scottish Premier League commission into the club's use of the scheme, headed by Lord Nimmo-Smith, found Rangers to be in breach of player registration rules.

But it resisted calls for Rangers to be stripped of titles won in the period of EBT use.

However, following the Supreme Court ruling, Celtic said they expected the SPFL to review the 2013 decision that their city rivals "did not gain any unfair competitive advantage".

That judgement was made at a time when the scheme was deemed acceptable by a 2012 tax tribunal.

More to follow.

I'm well aware of what you were commenting on. You missed my point.

There are no "reputable news sources" within the mainstream media. Even Channel 4 News - which clearly has more independence - is still prone to selling a party line, demonising any opposition and failing to ask the real questions. Who are the "reputable" sources to whom you listen?

I think you maybe need to back away from the internet and get outside more min

Seems to me that the spfl are testing the water with fans at the moment. In short, they can't be arsed with the hassle and would like to just move on.  The fans were instrumental in making sure that the tribute act were forced to stay life in the bottom tier, we need to unify again and push hard if justice is to be served.

I get that the huns cheated their way for the best part of a decade. However, here's my question -

Scottish football is not held in particularly high regard. Finances went to shit after Setanta, and we're not a sparkling product to sell. Do the powers that be simply want to brush this aside since to tarnish the Scottish game further and have internal fighting does more damage to the league and Scottish football? Milne wants to move on and I listened to Hibs Rod Petrie say something similar.

Does dragging Rangers through the courts or whatever devalue Scottish football even further and damage the league/product further? Will it scare sponsorship away etc? I'd love Rangers to be stripped of titles, fuck, kicked out the league, but would that be more damaging to Scottish football? I don't know, I don't pay attention to this shit and live 6000 miles away. We're a joke league to many, does sweeping this under the carpet help Scottish football in any way?

Good post. At the end of the day, why would anyone demand that their titles are revoked?

Have they thought this through?

What do they want, the second placed team to be given the trophy? How hollow would that be?

No its better that they won by cheating and everyone knows it. It's a pure gold put down v. uppity Huns.

Good post. At the end of the day, why would anyone demand that their titles are revoked?

Have they thought this through?

What do they want, the second placed team to be given the trophy? How hollow would that be?

No its better that they won by cheating and everyone knows it. It's a pure gold put down v. uppity Huns.

Most people I have spoken to do not want the second placed team to be awarded the title. They just want the title shown as void as it will be a permanent reminder of their cheating. The League has to act on this or they are just condoning the fact that Rangers (deceased) cheated. It would happen in any other league in the world so why should ours be different.

Most people I have spoken to do not want the second placed team to be awarded the title. They just want the title shown as void as it will be a permanent reminder of their cheating. The League has to act on this or they are just condoning the fact that Rangers (deceased) cheated. It would happen in any other league in the world so why should ours be different.

Yup, very much in the "void" camp as well, as most seem to be.  :thumbsup: