Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Unpopular Opinions

I hated billy fuckin stark  :dunno:

Nae exactly an unpopular opinion at the time min.  Most fans around where we sat in the Soother hated him, apart fae me that is.  Bought to replace Strachan, affa big shoes to fill but his scoring record from midfield was excellent, 41 goals in 109 appearances, a better percentage than his predecessor:thumbsup:

And was always, always there if the ball would have missed the last defender. Could easily have doubled his tally. I loved Silly Bark

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And was always, always there if the ball would have missed the last defender. Could easily have doubled his tally. I loved Silly Bark

Stark was a mid eighties target for the boo boys.

Seemed to have that mantle everywhere he played

As has been stated already his scoring rate was fantastic and was brilliant ghosting in at the back post

Dodds was absolute gash - I was thrilled when we sold him. He was slow, and didn't do much.

And on that same note I quite liked Robbie Winters, he was mobile, offered more than hanging round the box and was unfortunate to play in an absolute pish team - I remember him scoring two against hearts when he hadn't scored for ages.

Chris Clark and Darren Mackie were both rubbish. Clark was an average player. Mackie was awful, getting a testimonial made me want to vomit a bit.

Joe Miller was terrible from what I remember - beat two guys and put the cross in to the stand every time.

I don't really get the hate for McGhee, he was a shit manager for us, but so were plenty of others. Agree with the Skovdahl comments above - if he hadn't had a batch of decent youth players come through we would definitely gone down at some point.

Similar to a few others on here, I struggled to see what Zero did to get hero worship status.

I thought we had messed up big time when we swapped Ian Scanlon for Peter Weir.........

One for my dad too (even if he isnt around to read it)... Used to constantly shout at Leighton when he first got in and stated he would never be as good as Bobby Clark....

I really cannot be arsed with european football

I love not thinking about the dons over the summer and I really don't ever care what team we get drawn against

I'm never ever gonna go a boy's trip abroad to follow the dons ever again so I just cannot muster up any excitement whatsoever

:P

I now think UEFA have ruined it completely and now essentially avoid both the Champions League and Europa League including the finals. Pissed off that my 5s game was cancelled last week because the opposition wanted to watch the Tic game (a standard practice these days) so we now have to play 2 games in a row this week.

Seems I'm in the minority though but I find it strange when I hear Scottish football fans moaning about having to play the same teams 3-4 times a season but get excited by the seemingly annual 'chelsea vs barcelona' or ' Man U V AC Milan' games.

Would like to see both competitions returned to the old 2-leg knock out format but not chance of that ever happening.

I now think UEFA have ruined it completely and now essentially avoid both the Champions League and Europa League including the finals. Pissed off that my 5s game was cancelled last week because the opposition wanted to watch the Tic game (a standard practice these days) so we now have to play 2 games in a row this week.

Seems I'm in the minority though but I find it strange when I hear Scottish football fans moaning about having to play the same teams 3-4 times a season but get excited by the seemingly annual 'chelsea vs barcelona' or ' Man U V AC Milan' games.

Would like to see both competitions returned to the old 2-leg knock out format but not chance of that ever happening.

Definitely  :thumbsup:

I love not thinking about the dons over the summer and I really don't ever care what team we get drawn against

I'm never ever gonna go a boy's trip abroad to follow the dons ever again so I just cannot muster up any excitement whatsoever

:P

Dont mind euro fjtba thru the season but agree.like to switch off altogether for a couple of months.

Football in July doesnt do it for me

And get it back to the European cup ,non seeds etc as said

Here's the most unpopular AFC opinion today.

Celtic will lift the cup.

We are 5/1 at the bookies. That's about right.

But upsets happen and here's hoping today is one of them.

It will be the first trophy lifted I've missed for over 40 years. If it happens.

But there's a spinelessness infecting too many of our players.

I also don't believe McInnes is strong enough but I hope my opinion is very wrong.

It's not like Celtic are class. Just way better than us.