🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack has been mediocre for years.

He has recently been a lot better.

Liked Daniel uchechi. Always wanted him to be a great player.i was so wrong haha.

Have always said Wright and Shankland should've been managed better.

prefer Stockland to Rooney at the moment.

but also I hate bein lumped as a sheepshagger when I'm not from Aberdeen.so take yer blow up sheep and feck aff dandies.

:rofl:

Sorry bud but you're getting a Durrant for that comment!

Take it with pride as it's the first i've administered.  :thumbsup:

Bit harsh, the comment was better all round.  Kjaer and Snelders were far better at things like taking crosses, passbacks and general distribution  (leightons goal kicks were appalling).  Leighton was a great keeper but he didn't like coming off his line very much.

Bit harsh, the comment was better all round.  Kjaer and Snelders were far better at things like taking crosses, passbacks and general distribution  (leightons goal kicks were appalling).  Leighton was a great keeper but he didn't like coming off his line very much.

Think that's very harsh on marking Leighton down for pass backs.

It wasn't about Leighton liking to come off his line - he was told by Miller and McLeish not to come off his line unless it was absolutely necessary. Think it's on the Willie Miller's 20 Aberdeen Greats in 20 Years video where McLeish says that the biggest concern for him and Miller was Theo being Dutch and a potential language barrier - "Would he understand 'Stay on your bleeping line, Theo' ".  That's the way they worked. 

I adored Theo, but he was never as brave as Jim Leighton, and that's a huge thing for a keeper, especially in those days.

I've always said Zerouali was shite.

A slightly more polished shite than the shite he played with which made him look a lot better than he was but in general he was shite.

I also have absolutely no time for Skovdahl, a few funny quotes aside it was an absolute torrid time with him in charge.

1. Most of our best players (McGinn, Hayes, Rooney, Logan and probably Jack and McLean) are in too much of a comfort zone where they've accepted there's probably not a big move around the corner and are content with their lot which means the ambition and will to win that is required to give us a serious chance of challenging for titles will always be lacking.

2. Most of us (myself included) deep down are ok with that if it means regular 2nd/3rd place finishes, Europe every year and the odd cup final.

I also have absolutely no time for Skovdahl, a few funny quotes aside it was an absolute torrid time with him in charge.

Couldn't agree more! We've had some bad moments since 1995 through to 2014 but Skovdahl's tenure was thoroughly embarrassing. Being worst in the league was pretty hard to deal with.

I never rated Dodds nor Irvine too.

Interesting concept, the "unpopular opinion", the implication being that people are stupid.

The majority of my opinions - on everything - are "unpopular" in that the majority don't agree with me.

Not only am I cool with that, it validates and encourages. Roger Anthony's 95% principle is class.

1. Most of our best players (McGinn, Hayes, Rooney, Logan and probably Jack and McLean) are in too much of a comfort zone where they've accepted there's probably not a big move around the corner and are content with their lot which means the ambition and will to win that is required to give us a serious chance of challenging for titles will always be lacking.

2. Most of us (myself included) deep down are ok with that if it means regular 2nd/3rd place finishes, Europe every year and the odd cup final.

Hahaha... i think you've just posted the epitome of an 'unpopular opinion'.

I'm not saying i don't agree with what you're saying, in fact i suspect you may well be right but there'll be a lot of folk don't want to read that sorta thing.

No way Rocket, i'm not having that!

I know it's an opinion but that bit i've quoted proves that your comment is a total oxymoron.

Not only do I not understand wot u wroted, the court of law will hear evidence that you liked Dobbin and that you rate Tommy Wright.

Edit: Just noticed you edited my words. Ignore my ignorance.

The court will also hear that you thought Dodds was a "missing link".

Jamie Smith

I was screaming for him to be subbed at half time against Copenhagen.

The closest I ever came to blows with fellow Dons fans was when Foster played his first game as captain.

I'll boo who I fuckin want, especially when he's a hun loving arsehole.

I hated Calderwood first, ages before he came to Pittodrie, I used to shout at the car radio on the way home from games if he was on as Dunfermline manager.

:laughing:

Guilty as charged i s'pose.

I've watched that 90 Cup Final loads of times this week and my love for Dobbin grows.  :thumbsup:

I shat myself when Dobbin stood up to take a pen. But I was even more concerned earlier when Charlie Nicholas was getting ready to take his.

That day, I took a photo of the ball going past the left goalpost from Rogan with Theo fully stretched and horizontal. It was the iconic image of the final, taken by an amateur photographer with a new toy (Olympus) in the perfect position high up in the terraces to capture the ball coming towards us, just the right side of the post (for us).

I shat myself when Dobbin stood up to take a pen. But I was even more concerned earlier when Charlie Nicholas was getting ready to take his.

I was the same regarding Charlie. He'd obviously already announced he was rejoining the dhims and when he stood up i promised myself if he missed i was going over that fence to have a word.  :hammer:

Thankfully me spending time at her majestys pleasure was averted.

I hated Calderwood first, ages before he came to Pittodrie, I used to shout at the car radio on the way home from games if he was on as Dunfermline manager.

I was fucking raging when we went for Calderwood, absolutely hated him, just came across as a total cunt and played shite fitba. Was certain he was in the same mold as Alex Miller, but I was partly proved wrong by Calderwood's relative success. Was glad when we got rid of him too, but in between him signing and his last season, I marginally warmed to him. 

I hated billy fuckin stark  :dunno:

Nae exactly an unpopular opinion at the time min.  Most fans around where we sat in the Soother hated him, apart fae me that is.  Bought to replace Strachan, affa big shoes to fill but his scoring record from midfield was excellent, 41 goals in 109 appearances, a better percentage than his predecessor.  :thumbsup: