Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hemmin Buc

donsdaft

Buc, if I have a radiator (oil-based system) that keeps needing bled (aye, like every week), what's the deal with that shite? Do I just need a new radiator, or do I need the entire system drained or some shite? If it's just a new radiator, and given it's nae gas, can I just replace myself or is that illegal? Cheers in advance sir.

Maybe you have a leek somewhere in the heating system that's why you need keep airing it.

Could be a radiator valve you can check them when the heating has been off and the radiators are cold as joints expand when hot and contract when cold it's worth checking every radiator valve with a toilet tissue .

Never air a radiator when the system is on air it when it's off then wait 5 mins before switching back on.

If it's a pressurised system you will need to top it up between 1 bar and 1 1/2 bar.

You will need to pressurise at the boiler . As I say check all valves even around the boiler look for damp patches around the valves on the floor or carpet when it's cool .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... nae luck with the bleeding it seems. Is it normal that no water comes out when you bleed it? That happened on a few of them, which seemed strange. Specifically the ones causing me issue too. I'm considering just burning down my house and taking the insurance. It seems the most logical next step.

Its its a pressurized system once you take air out a radiator you need to top it up again to 1 bar until the system is full of water.

That's more than likely the problem.

Post a pic of your boiler with the dial that has the pressure rating on it.

Either that it could be a tank fed system and its not refilling due to a blockage more likely on the cold feed.

Its its a pressurized system once you take air out a radiator you need to top it up again to 1 bar until the system is full of water.

That's more than likely the problem.

Post a pic of your boiler with the dial that has the pressure rating on it.

Either that it could be a tank fed system and its not refilling due to a blockage more likely on the cold feed.

Pressure was near 2 bar lastnight when I checked it. A blockage in the cold feed sounds likely. Should I start hacking up pipes and shit?

Won't be a blockage in the cold feed if its a pressurized system.

I think you have a problem needed to be looked at from a professional.

I'd help but I'm so busy doing loads of stuff just now.

Aye, that's what I thought. Cheers for yer advice though, I will get someone in to check it oot. Probably a Hungarian, there pretty cheap.