Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Brexit - Will it happen

Stupie82

Watched a documentary about the NI culture of punishment shootings. It's not just accepted over there, the communities support kneecappings and bullets through the ankles and elbows. Fucking neanderthals these cunts, blinded by bigotry and hatred.

Watch what you say about the Northern Irish, they'll set the bad spirits on you.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dup-mp-gregory-campbell-wants-sale-of-ouija-boards-regulated-31094502.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Irish border is just an unsurmountable problem. I reckon the Tories are hoping...indeed encouraging... that Irish reunification happens asap post Brexit.

Shorter term, May surely has to resign if her own cabinet throw out the proposals. The new leader would surely have no option but to call a general election within 3 months.

• 4 weeks later...

Popcorn at the ready tonight then.

Perish the thought of some right wing loony taking over who just wants us to crash out of Europe with no deal.

If May does go I hope it’s not a hardliner that gets the nod. If she survives then that’s no deal / hard Brexit off the table.

Still think no Brexit / second referendum is the most likely outcome of this clusterfuck.

Popcorn at the ready tonight then.

Perish the thought of some right wing loony taking over who just wants us to crash out of Europe with no deal.

If May does go I hope it’s not a hardliner that gets the nod. If she survives then that’s no deal / hard Brexit off the table.

Still think no Brexit / second referendum is the most likely outcome of this clusterfuck.

Are the majority of Tory MPs not pro EU? So wouldn't that make the likes of BoJo or Rees-Mong unlikely candidates? Or am I thinking of the majority of MPs in general?

Any no voters of 2014 changed their position as a result of the blatant lying and nonsense? Those who are still in the "Better Together" camp do they genuinely believe that still? Please to be explaining how/why.

Think she will win tonight but if her majority of victory is less that 50 I thin she's a busted flush and will resign anyway.

As a pro independence voter I probably take a very different view to the vast majority of similar voters in that I have been pro Brexit from the start. This is because it gave the SNP leadership a very good excuse to hold a further indyref a few years down the line from brexit. Scotland voted to remain but is being taken out against our will. Once we were out we would be able to see the tangible benefits of being in Europe that we were now being denied in the case of a hard brexit, or the utter shambles of a soft brexit where we essentially remain in Europe but without a voice.

Whatever happens tonight, Article 50 will be postponed, perhaps indefinitely. Can see no other outcome than a new referendum (which will infuriate those that voted brexit in the last one).......or more likely a general election in the Spring where the Conservatives stand on a Brexit ticket and making clear that a Hard brexit will happen unless Europe renegotiates and Labour/SNP/LibDem/Others on a remain policy.

And yet the SNP, unless they change, want to leave the UK but stay/join the EU.

Brexit has weakened the case for Indy, only because this whole shambles will put some folk off voting for Indy. Even though Indy couldn’t and shouldn’t be as complicated as trying to exit the EU.

And yet the SNP, unless they change, want to leave the UK but stay/join the EU.

Brexit has weakened the case for Indy, only because this whole shambles will put some folk off voting for Indy. Even though Indy couldn’t and shouldn’t be as complicated as trying to exit the EU.

Well yes and no, it's strengthened the case for indy, but many will align the two and think as you say, indeed raving yoons already using that line. it's amazing that they think "look what an erse we're making of Brexit, that's you that is" is a winner. Sadly it will be.