🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Brexit - Will it happen

Stupie82

Farce from start to finish

Another referendum now

Land of hope and glory/ get rid of foreigners

Or

Stay European and work to change what’s wrong

She is going to be challenged for the leadership very soon, the big buffoon has had this calculated for some time and I suspect some more may resign also and force the leadership contest.  I do suspect Boris will end up like Tarzan and never get the prize he most wants, but fuck what a mess we would be in if he did, in fact we are screwed if any of the Tory right candidates get in, as they will make Camerons government look like Atlees posgt war government.

I don't think it can end in anything other then another referendum and whilst they are at it get another Scottish one on the go too.

I’m glad I’m not just a voice in the wilderness any more.

It won’t happen, it never could.

Of course it’s not beyond possibly that it could be delayed enough just to happen anyway.

But only if it’s in the financial interest of Boris and his like.

They will then, of course, just move to their villas on the Med

Nobody knew what they were voting for. The referendum was a farce in that what ultimately decided the vote was the very many thick white trash English racists.

But the European Union is a farce. It is a vehicle for the established order to things to continue the way it is and therefore totally corrupt, the additional tertiary and totally unnecessary level of government costs too much and the major players are unelected and unaccountable.

There are still people who read tabloids and believe what is written and there are other equally shit other people who are not tabloiders and voted Tory. The BBC and Sky are evil organisations and we've been so dumbed down that we believe what they, and any politician with a plummy accent, says to us. We get the situation we deserve... but for the proviso that we shouldn't have to deal with a whole system that is hypocritical and self-serving rather than of the people.

Dumbed down?

I knew it was happening when I gave up the telly years ago but I didn't realise how bad it had got.

It was all kicking off yesterday morning so I thought I would look into the BBC news channel

It was some program called Victoria Derbyshire or something.

It might as well have been Floella Benjamin in playschool.

Politics for four year olds.

I'll edit just to add that there was bugger all wrong with Floella.

Ha! playschool

There’s 11 years between me and my little sister.

When I was about 14 and skiving school big time, I used to watch play school round at my mates house in the morning.

( I know, I know, it explains a lot)

Anyway

In the afternoon, I’d be looking after my sister and we’d watch play school.

I was her hero, I always knew what window the story would be through.

Nobody knew what they were voting for. The referendum was a farce in that what ultimately decided the vote was the very many thick white trash English racists.

But the European Union is a farce. It is a vehicle for the established order to things to continue the way it is and therefore totally corrupt, the additional tertiary and totally unnecessary level of government costs too much and the major players are unelected and unaccountable.

There are still people who read tabloids and believe what is written and there are other equally shit other people who are not tabloiders and voted Tory. The BBC and Sky are evil organisations and we've been so dumbed down that we believe what they, and any politician with a plummy accent, says to us. We get the situation we deserve... but for the proviso that we shouldn't have to deal with a whole system that is hypocritical and self-serving rather than of the people.

And yet you still voted for it.

My vote was based on the exact same rationale as why I voted for Scottish independence.

At least mine was an informed vote.

What did you vote and why?

I voted to remain as I feel it’s better to fix it (the EU) by being it, plus there was a bigger shower of cunts on the Brexit side than there was on the remain side. I don’t believe in siding with Farage on anything.

I voted to remain as I feel it’s better to fix it (the EU) by being it, plus there was a bigger shower of cunts on the Brexit side than there was on the remain side. I don’t believe in siding with Farage on anything.

So you think that unelected officials and corrupt institutions add value to anyone in Europe let alone the UK?

And you think this is "fixable"?

And you base your opinions on what Westminster politicians say?

What if a man who we don't like or agree with normally is right on one issue?

Is it the Sun or the Daily Record where you get your world views?

And do you trust the BBC or Sky more?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With a news headline saying that the EU and England are getting closer in the Irish border issue, I don't understand the issue. Maybe I'm looking at it with the requisite simplicity.

If the tories go on about "taking control of our borders", and they do, and yet don't want a border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, what prevents anyone flying to Dublin then going to Belfast/Larne and entering mainland Britain that way?

With a news headline saying that the EU and England are getting closer in the Irish border issue, I don't understand the issue. Maybe I'm looking at it with the requisite simplicity.

If the tories go on about "taking control of our borders", and they do, and yet don't want a border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, what prevents anyone flying to Dublin then going to Belfast/Larne and entering mainland Britain that way?

All the illegal immigrants near Calais will head west to Cherbourg and try to stow away on the ferries to Rosslare and Dublin, the infrastructure to prevent such occurrances isn't there and without a hard Irish border they will head straight for Belfast and onwards to the mainland.

May wants some sort of border in the Irish Sea but that is unacceptable to the Unionists in NI and if this agreement involves this then the Unionists will stop propping up the Tories and bring down the government in doing so. The only Brexit that can work is hard Brexit. Anything other than this is staying in the EU in all but name.

Of course if the government does get brought down then the question arises....will the nation actually have the balls to elect a Corbyn led Labour administration? It would unquestionably stand on a "rejoin the EU" ticket and if elected I doubt they'd even call a fresh referendum to ask the question.....they'd just say they were elected on a majority and as such had the mandate to do so.

He absolutely is but nobody else in the Labour Party wants it and as such he will accept their position to guarantee no one challenges his leadership in the meantime. I guarantee if we are out that the next election whenever it happens will be fought on a "Labour backs rejoining the EU" ticket

I would very much doubt that. Once we're out we're out. Nobody's going to back an immediate return and the EU wouldn't allow it. It'd be the constitutional equivalent of letting the new huns in to the top league - we are very much the hun of the EU. For your scenario, you'd have to have a general election before the article 50 in March, which is cutting it very fine. At best, that will be campaigned with labour backing a second referendum. There is zero onus on Teresa calling a general election even if the proposed deal with the EU doesn't get through parliament. In that case it goes to no deal.

In terms of the border: no deal means a hard border (unequivocally, despite what Rees-Cunt might suggest). A hard border contravenes the UN Good Friday agreement to which the UK is a signatory (almost certainly). That hard border could move to the Irish Sea (then move again to hadrian's wall...) which the DUP wouldn't like.

As you said earlier, I don't see anything other than a hard border working, so either we get a hard border and Brexit or we get a customs union with free movement but with no control over the EU laws which we'll have to accept as part of the customs union.

This could, and should, have been on the referendum ballot in the first place.

Out = out completely, anything else is just a fudge and not what the English facists voted for.

I still believe sense will prevail and we will remain full members of the EU

If not, I hope the bastards come out completely and suffer like fuck.

In particular those parts of the country that voted overwhelmingly to come out despite being the main beneficiaries of being full members.

I think we will end up back at the polls in the next 6 months for a general election with the offer of another referendum to decide our future and in which we will vote to stay.

I'm sick of hearing about it if being honest, especially from all the experts spouting their shyte for whatever side they sit on.

There is actually, give NI back to the Irish. Can't see that causing any issues.  ;)

Supposedly the ratio of Catholics to Protestants in NI is very close to being 50:50 now and Catholics should outnumber Protestants by the middle of this century. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see NI rejoining with the Republic before Scotland gets independence.