Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v celtic

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although i would agree that jim jeffries has done a good job and at least understands the word 'tactics' I just don't think people would warm to him up here. I heard the kilmarnock faithful are not that keen on him either even when he's constantly made kilmarnock punch above their weight and brought a few pennies in as well with the selling of naismith etc. He's only struggling this year because he can't replace what he's sold.

At the end of the day you just have to look at the likes of levien and mcGhee who have done wonders with their limited squads. Just all comes down to hard work on the training ground and players who have a clear understanding of what they have to do on the pitch at matchday. AFC are shambolic at times with players even failing to do the simpliest of things.

Dear god, not jeffries, his brand of fitba is appalling.  i do think its too early to be thinking about giving the tango man his jotters.  It is obvious that the players he has brought in in the January transfer window (peep hole in our case, so small were the possibilities out there)  are there as stop gaps. I reckon Caldo will do a bit of wheeling and dealing in the close season and (hopefully) shift out some dead wood. In other words a rebuilding job, based around Diamond as a key player.

Calderwood is never going to get sacked after just getting a new contract, not unless we suddenly end up in the relegation dogfight which i feel is unlikely.  If i was to choose a new manager though i would want either mcghee or eric black.  I think the past few games have shown that basically we have bitten of more than we can chew.  The cis cup accompanied by the euro run, league games and getting to the quarters of the scottish cup have been simply too much for our very small squad to handle.  Given our upcoming run of games i cant see this improving until we are out of europe and lets face it out of the scottish cup too.  After that i think our league form will improve but the real question is wether or not 3rd place will still be achievable.  Recent weeks have hurt a lot, im glad im nearer the cape horn than the northern lights at the moment, but i still view this as a succesfull season as we have taken in good money from our euro run and have competed in the cups.  Hampden would have been nice but if we keep on progressing maybe next year we might get there.  

Agreed, the squad does not hve the depth to cope with the amount of fixtures that all of these competions create. God knows, the old firm are continually restocking thier supply for that ery reason.  However  we MUST make sure that we have some form of success or imrovement this season, so third place and a cup final would show that. This will only happen once we get turfed out of europe.

Calderwood is never going to get sacked after just getting a new contract, not unless we suddenly end up in the relegation dogfight which i feel is unlikely.  If i was to choose a new manager though i would want either mcghee or eric black.  I think the past few games have shown that basically we have bitten of more than we can chew.  The cis cup accompanied by the euro run, league games and getting to the quarters of the scottish cup have been simply too much for our very small squad to handle.  Given our upcoming run of games i cant see this improving until we are out of europe and lets face it out of the scottish cup too.  After that i think our league form will improve but the real question is wether or not 3rd place will still be achievable.  Recent weeks have hurt a lot, im glad im nearer the cape horn than the northern lights at the moment, but i still view this as a succesfull season as we have taken in good money from our euro run and have competed in the cups.  Hampden would have been nice but if we keep on progressing maybe next year we might get there.  

I think the board may be forced to sack him if the crowds continue to decline, 14 thousand for a OF game and 6 thousand against hamilton will have them thinking. Look at hearts crowd against gretna compared to ours against celtic something is very wrong.

There is little or no entertainment to be had in watching Calderwoods teams and once the board realise that a top 6 finish wont cut it.