Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v celtic

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bus - awful and hauled down yan venenenegoororororooor of heessssellstink for a stone waller

Could be wrong, but was it not Walker that caused the pen?  I also thought Bus was one of our better players, particularly in the 2nd half.

Anyway, I'm just in.  It was an awful afternoon for Mackie.  I thought we matched Celtic well in the first half, and had 2-3 good chances to score (Mackie's first miss was a real howler).

JC needs to stick with that back 4, no matter what happens, to give them time to gel.

I do wonder if this is the beginning of the end for JC though.  Even though I'm in the group that thinks he's done extremely well for us.  But once most of the fans get on your back, the writing will be on the wall unless he can turn it around.

Interesting that a sub (Foster) was himself subbed!

That was absolutely atrocious (2nd 1/2). The first half, we were playing ok, and should have taken our chances.

Mackie, please, gtf.

Foster, gtf. Even a mate who was with me (who doesn't know much about football) said he was having an absolute mare.

Sevi, please take a running jump.

Maguire, what is your purpose, you can't even control a simple pass.

I think he needs to keep the same back four. they need time to gel. That wasn't the worst defensive performance. But we have no midfield so I think that piles on the pressure on any defence we have.

I know this is all just general non sensical rubbish but i'm actually lost for words. Worst part is, I predicted 1-5, so why I didn't put a wager on i'll never know...I'm just so disappointed right now.

I am beginning to notice a worrying trend in that even player who we could rely on last season to play well in amongst others who were playing gash are not performing (Severin, foster, nicholson for example).

Is it that claderwood just cant motivate these players anymore and they have just given up?

I agree that we need to stick with the same backline, but to try and get them to gel, by the arse end of Febuary??????  Thats a nightmare, of which Calderwood MUST take some responsibilty for? (After all ha has blamed everybody but himself)

I agree, he should have dealt with this issue the moment he know Anderson was leaving. But no. He didn't. And this is why we are in the predicament we're in. But now is as good of a time as any to FINALLY get this sorted. Because we've been unsettled at the back, it has a terrible effect on the rest of the team. If anyone can see it, why can't Jimmy.

To be honest, I thought that Nicholson wasn't too bad today, but as soon as he went off, I knew the game was lost. We actually attacked Smeltic when he was on. Then he went off and we were incapable of doing very much. I also do think the players have given up. The ones who are leaving (Miller, Lovell and Nicholson, especially Nicholson) are probably resigned to the fact that they have a manager (and I use the word losely) who has no clue how to manage. I think a seagul would do better. At least they attack (albeit it chips and people's heads). Please bear in mind, i was not an anti-jimmy person, but i'm coming round to the idea. I worry he has taken us as far as he can and its a slippery slope down.

Anyway, as I've said before, the sooner we're out of th Uefa cup, the better. We need to get this sorted Jimmy, Come on. Stop complaing and get the job done.

I thought his way of dealing with the gaping hole in the middle of defence once Anderson left was to make Severin captain and force him to play out of position in defence.

It was, but then that left us short in the midfield and so on and so on. Vicious circle really. But I've actually lost patience with Severin. He offers us absolutely nothing even when in position.

I suppose so, but we were talking about this in the pub today. The last decent game he's had, was against the huns in May. Thats a long time to be absolutely atrocious. And even prior to that, he's hardly stepped up to the plate has he. He's been near enough rotten for a season and a half. Its not good enough for someone who is "captain" of our club. I appreciate I may be being harsh here, but I'm just fed up.

My thoughts exactly. But a sure fire way of making a player start looking for another club.  Especially after signing his new contract. Im a firm believer that a captain should be in defence anyway. (Not as a make do player, but a proper one).

Spot on. I've always felt that a defender will be able to see the whole game, if not the keeper. Was Schmeichal not captain for united sometimes? The only thing is, it may come too early for him. But he's certainly been the standout player this season.

I do wonder if this is the beginning of the end for JC though.  Even though I'm in the group that thinks he's done extremely well for us.  But once most of the fans get on your back, the writing will be on the wall unless he can turn it around.

quote]

Personally I would not like to see Jimmy sacked, I think it would just add to the mess the club is in.  The cost to sack The 2 x Jimmies and Clark after they have just signed a new contract would be astronomical and would just push the debt up further which would mean even less if any money for a new manager coming in. Who is there that 1. would want the job ? and 2. be any better than what we have ? and 3. we could afford to go for ?

Jimmy has brought a stability to the club and is working in a situation where there is no money there to work with.

If Jimmy was to be sacked, then Mark McGhee springs to mind but I don't think he would come and work under the current restraints, so I would probably go for Jim Jeffries as he is working with even less and seem to now and then unearth some right bargains, also I heard a rumour that Jeffries had verbally resigned(but then changed his mind the next day) on the night the transfer window closed after his board changed their mind and would not let him sign a striker from Airdrie, so it seems all is not well down there.