Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hearts - Dons - Friday - 7:45PM

So, Friday really is a big one. Win this and who knows what will happen.  Deek clearly has the players fired up but I hope they don't get overawed by what will in all likelihood be an even more fiery home crowd than normal.  We've sold out our allocation, so they'll be plenty of support and let's hope we can see a performance like we did at the start of the season!

Will actually be in Aberdeen for the game, typical really that they're away when i'm there but hey ho.

I'd be tempted to change nothing in terms of line-up because if Shinnie is played at left back, the rest of the team generally pick themselves.  wonder if he'll go for Flood or Storie though.

In / out: Out

Pre matcher: ED's place

Match: The stag

Post matcher: Hopefully celebrating and manage to not miss the last train...

Prediction: 2-1 Dons, Church and Hayes

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell of a match this isn't it.  Arguably the toughest away game on the calender these days but the blistering form of sunday's 1st half would be hard for any team in the league to cope with giving us all hope.  It will be very interesting to see the hearts line up after their squad illness.

Agree manc it's storie or flood but i suspect it would be flood.  A first starting as a pairing with jack at Tynecastle would be a bold move therefore not so likely from DM.  Also you could argue that when both are on form flood and jack is our best centre mid pairing.  Jack has started to look a bit more like himself recently and we need him to have a big game on friday. 

2-1 Aberdeen Maclean and maybe, just maybe Rooney.  Wouldn't that be a happy friday?

Nervous about this one. Record at Tynecastle is rotten and scars from the cup game are still fresh. Agree with comments about not changing the team from Sunday unless Rooney is fit in which case I would have him in instead of Church.

In

Roseburn

Away end

Somewhere in town

1-1 McGinn.

Church had a decent game, I'd be inclined to start him even with a fit Rooney. It'll give the HIVs something different to think about given they haven't played against him before. Although I do think that a single chance in front of goal would be more likely to be converted by Rooney! Give him a run out for the last ten when we're three up.

I'd go with the same team and similar tactics as Sunday. Flood was very much the sitter and not asked to do much, and it worked. Jack played higher, and I thought he had a decent game too. He got in the box on a few occasions which was good to see, and I reckon with a bit of composure through experience he might get a few goals in that role. Shinnie has to be left back though, that's a certainty. Get him and McGinn or Hayes running at Paterson and get him booked early doors.

Our biggest problem against Hearts is not that we can't outplay them but we got severley bullied by them in the cup match and the last game at Pittodrie. We need to be strong and not get pushed about. Deek needs to get Taylor wound up before the game so he doesn't get pushed off the ball in any areial challenges of on the deck for that matter.

Steven McLean is the ref. Not sure why this joker keeps getting big matches.

He really does have wee man syndrome! He likes to be noticed on a football pitch! The best Referees are the ones you don't notice.

I should've said:

In / out: Out

Pre matcher: Caravan near Stranraer

Match: Stranraer FC Social Club!

Post matcher: Caravan near Stranraer

Prediction: 2-1 Dons.

Hadn't realised it was McLean who was refereeing the game, that's a bit of a disappointment but to be honest, the quality of the officials is shocking so it barely makes a difference. From reading a few of the articles in the papers, it sounds like the boys are fired up. I have no doubt McInnes will have them pumped for this. Getting nervous already...

Hell of a match this isn't it.  Arguably the toughest away game on the calender these days but the blistering form of sunday's 1st half would be hard for any team in the league to cope with giving us all hope.  It will be very interesting to see the hearts line up after their squad illness.

Agree manc it's storie or flood but i suspect it would be flood.  A first starting as a pairing with jack at Tynecastle would be a bold move therefore not so likely from DM.  Also you could argue that when both are on form flood and jack is our best centre mid pairing.  Jack has started to look a bit more like himself recently and we need him to have a big game on friday. 

2-1 Aberdeen Maclean and maybe, just maybe Rooney.  Wouldn't that be a happy friday?

Storie it is. Ballsy

as a defender when I could still run about a bit, I'd have had to be held back if Scott Brown shouted at me like that after gifting a fucking howler to Hearts.

Yes someone could have closed the guy down quicker, but he's 25 yards out, and you've just fucking palmed it a yard in front of you after having about 10 minutes to actually get down to the thing.

Another shite goal to concede after such a bright start is a huge kick in the stones.

Our jitters seemed to start with that ridiculously lazy volleyed pass from MacLean towards our goal/left back area, we never settled after that. The centre halves not following in on that shot is amateurish but the parry from Brown is atrocious and another shining example of exactly why he should not be playing for us. That boy Collin must be rank rotten if he can't get in ahead of Brown.

Thought Reynolds looked a tad brighter at the start of the game. Need to see more of Hayes.