Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Restaurants recommended

absolutely is, surprised you got a seat, usually impossible without booking.

That was last summer. Second experience was last month (now we finally have the bypass so easier to access). Ordered a takeaway and as I was collecting at 6 pm on a Saturday, only one couple in the restaurant. We won't be back. Strictly average this time. Light of Bengal and Dil Se still the best.

That was last summer. Second experience was last month (now we finally have the bypass so easier to access). Ordered a takeaway and as I was collecting at 6 pm on a Saturday, only one couple in the restaurant. We won't be back. Strictly average this time. Light of Bengal and Dil Se still the best.

had a garlic chilli chicken last night

My arse is suffering today, but as good as it has ever been.

Bear in mind that this was the poster who went ballistic on me for my enjoy of “Yes”  and Took it to extremes when I suggested he might not be in any position to define the like or dislike of other’s taste in music?

Boy was I put in my place

Wow! I remember that exchange. It must've been five years ago. You still licking your wounds? Must've cut deep huh?

Why don't you tell the truth? I had the audacity to say I didn't like Yes (nor Coldplay and Dire Straits and Springsteen and ELP and Genesis etc.) and your first response was "not getting your hole". I don't know if you were on the bevvy at the time but when you turn a normal discussion by introducing insults, there's bound to be a consequence. You misrepresented the truth, for reasons unknown.

• 3 weeks later...

Rocket, min. Coldplay's new album is fucking excellent. Some absolute belters on there. Do your soul a favour and give it a listen. You're welcome.  :thumbsup:

I won't be doing that. Too fixed of mindset regarding them. His voice grates. It reminds me of who he is and what he looks like and this offends greatly.

Coincidence, at Queens X Dental yesterday Coldplay were on the sounds at reception. I was the only one there so I said to the receptionist (new lassie, not seen her before), "not Coldplay". She explained it was her husband's fav band so we had a chat and a laff. I detest that band.

6 month check up and hygienist. All clear again. Thanks for asking.

I won't be doing that. Too fixed of mindset regarding them. His voice grates. It reminds me of who he is and what he looks like and this offends greatly.

Coincidence, at Queens X Dental yesterday Coldplay were on the sounds at reception. I was the only one there so I said to the receptionist (new lassie, not seen her before), "not Coldplay". She explained it was her husband's fav band so we had a chat and a laff. I detest that band.

6 month check up and hygienist. All clear again. Thanks for asking.

What Chris Martin looks like matter little to me but I have a question about the receptionist. Was she tidy? Great news on the gnasher front. I've got the dentist next week. I'm hoping for some equally high quality music whilst I wait.

What Chris Martin looks like matter little to me but I have a question about the receptionist. Was she tidy? Great news on the gnasher front. I've got the dentist next week. I'm hoping for some equally high quality music whilst I wait.

Obviously I won't pass comment on the receptionist as she's probably your wife. I wouldn't want to upset you but she seemed a nice enough lassie.

Private dentistry the only way to go. They don't perform unnecessary shit and keep us in great shape. It saves money in the long run.

Obviously I won't pass comment on the receptionist as she's probably your wife. I wouldn't want to upset you but she seemed a nice enough lassie.

Private dentistry the only way to go. They don't perform unnecessary shit and keep us in great shape. It saves money in the long run.

Nah nah min. I don't have the pleasure of personally knowing any receptionists in any industry unfortunately. Although like my Mrs it does sound like this one has fine taste in men.

Nah nah min. I don't have the pleasure of personally knowing any receptionists in any industry unfortunately. Although like my Mrs it does sound like this one has fine taste in men.

I'm not sure that "knowing any receptionists" would be a fruitful exercise. They're mostly below average on the intellect scale and unlike the Arabs and muslims - the Saudi's being the current topic of debate in the boxing and golf world - I don't dig the suppression and the subjugation of the fairer sex. It's not just them of course. The white trash in the UK aren't afraid to abuse their wives and whilst they don't have the state behind them to institutionalise their oppression, their sickness comes from the same place. Seen a documentary on that Sally somebody who battered her husband of 31 years to death with a hammer. Good on ya girl I thought. The cunt deserved it and although there was no real legal defence to help her at the time, she did get released after 8 years. I'm pretty confident that my daughters won't be attracted to an abusive man and that they're too strong to be a target for those type of sick fucks.

On topic, two more visits planned to SooShe before Xmas.

First visit to Fennel and first time in Inverurie town centre for 20/25/30 years. Restaurant was very good. Me and my mate meet for lunch every couple of months and we turn about for choice of venue and as we are both self-employed, we decided to go for the Turkey Xmas dinner (whereas my wife has had 3 in 8 days!). Was excellent. Good attention to detail makes for a successful business.

• 3 weeks later...

Just back. Top class like, really good. Possibly the best restaurant in Aberdeen. Very good value too. Will definitely be back.

Possibly indeed. In our experience, nothing comes even close. Not just in this city, not just in Scotland but anywhere in the world. That's a big shout given that I've not been to well over 99.9% of eateries planet-wide but I dare anybody, I double dare to recommend something better.

Attention to detail. It matters. Product and service, that's all, the "environment" I include within service. Their Uramaki (rolls) are as much a visual feast but for something heavenly and unique of taste, the Flying Fish caviar Guncan is just awesome and less than a fiver for two.

Possibly indeed. In our experience, nothing comes even close. Not just in this city, not just in Scotland but anywhere in the world. That's a big shout given that I've not been to well over 99.9% of eateries planet-wide but I dare anybody, I double dare to recommend something better.

Attention to detail. It matters. Product and service, that's all, the "environment" I include within service. Their Uramaki (rolls) are as much a visual feast but for something heavenly and unique of taste, the Flying Fish caviar Guncan is just awesome and less than a fiver for two.

My lack of attention to detail meant I missed the flying fish caviar on the menu! Next time.

Struggle to disagree on yer assessment though. I suppose it's also a question of how sushi in general compares with other foods. There's certainly nowhere to hide with it, it has to be good or it's shite. I love it like, but would I feel the same if I was a Japanese individual? One of the things that exacerbates the ordinariness of many Scottish restaurants is that they sell consistently British food. I cook a lot of food and am probably more adventurous than most restaurants are (can afford to be) when it comes to ingredients and trying new things (I also make significantly more mistakes of course). Sooshe immediately gets me excited because it's something still new to me and not something I'd ever cook at home. It's rare I get that feeling at a Scottish restaurant. I'd single out Buchanan bistro in Aberdeenshire as one that serves food that I wouldn't have the imagination to do at home, with fantastic ingredients and food story is another that does good things with their fare. I'm sure there are plenty of others like, but I probably set the bar much higher for British food than I do with Asian or other suchlike. If you ken fit I mean.

I've never had Sushi at SooShe. The Seared Nigiri would be the closest to Sushi and that's excellent there. Must try the Ramen soon as that, plus the Nigri are the only things we've not tried.

Agree with Buchanan's Bistro. Superb place. I always have the Spanish board there.

Apologies, I should have said Japanese dishes, not specifically sushi. Although I'd class maki rolls and nigiri as sushi, but I'm not an expert.

Apologies, I should have said Japanese dishes, not specifically sushi. Although I'd class maki rolls and nigiri as sushi, but I'm not an expert.

There again last night. Only the Ramen left on the menu to taste now. Must try the Miso. Couple next to us had it. Cute wee bowls of piping hot broth. Would go well with the sashimi and Guncan and seared nigiri etc. Had my first sake. Well first there. Pretty tasteless actually. Still best restaurant ever.

There again last night. Only the Ramen left on the menu to taste now. Must try the Miso. Couple next to us had it. Cute wee bowls of piping hot broth. Would go well with the sashimi and Guncan and seared nigiri etc. Had my first sake. Well first there. Pretty tasteless actually. Still best restaurant ever.

Sparkling sake is very good, I'm sure they'll have a couple of options. Especially in summer

Sparkling sake is very good, I'm sure they'll have a couple of options. Especially in summer

Never heard of sparkling sake. I had warm sake in my first Japanese restaurant three years ago. Never had anything as good since. I actually asked them at SooShe if they had this first, before having the wee bottle they recommended, which was served with a glass of iced water.

Never heard of sparkling sake. I had warm sake in my first Japanese restaurant three years ago. Never had anything as good since. I actually asked them at SooShe if they had this first, before having the wee bottle they recommended, which was served with a glass of iced water.

Generally I prefer warm sake over cold. The sparkling sake, is cold, but very good. Called mio and comes in a blue bottle.