Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Restaurants recommended

Soul have a new fish restaurant. The menu is excellent and I'm sure they will do Haddock and chips very well but I'll not be back. First and last visit yesterday. Something missing. Well, everything was missing in my supposed chilli and ginger dressing as I couldn't find even a hint of either. Very bland food for me but wife's scallops and lemon sole was very good. She also not fussed about ever going back.

• 2 weeks later...

Dined vegetarian last night. A new restaurant in Rotterdam. The first course of seven was awesome, a (silken) tofu fused with seaweed and stuff. The dessert was fine, a meringue with quince (which we were trying to work out whether it was pear or nectarine). Almost everything in between was fucking shite. We ended up gorging on meat for lunch today at Markthall.

My youngest used to be a vegetarian. It didn't last long but to be fair, she does avoid red meat still.

It was a thoroughly underwhelming experience and fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Adieu too. Must retire. A present for you;

http://www.voorlinden.nl/?lang=en

Went there on Saturday. One of the best experiences of all our lives.

Not too tenuous a connection as the Manor House restaurant next door was delightful.

I know from you O & G types how arrogant and despised the Dutch are but honestly, there are so many beautiful people in that country. The two either side of me at the Feyenoord game yesterday shook my hand at 90 minutes, totally different people. We got home this evening but will return again this year.

• 4 weeks later...

I know from you O & G types how arrogant and despised the Dutch are but honestly, there are so many beautiful people in that country. The two either side of me at the Feyenoord game yesterday shook my hand at 90 minutes, totally different people. We got home this evening but will return again this year.

Worse than the Aberdonian oil wankers?!  :o I can scarcely believe it. Ne'er a bigger bunch of fucking bell-ends have I seen. And that includes the Dutch pricks in Groeningen trying to start on borderline pensioner Dons fans.

Worse than the Aberdonian oil wankers?!  :o I can scarcely believe it. Ne'er a bigger bunch of fucking bell-ends have I seen. And that includes the Dutch pricks in Groeningen trying to start on borderline pensioner Dons fans.

You just hate ALL Aberdonians, period, but I agree that the biggest bell-end proportion in the NE are O & G. They are not to be confused with the Dutch football hooligans though, being a totally different socio-economic group with completely different agendas and therefore a completely different type of "bell-endness".

The ugliness of the O & G pricks is their sense of superiority, totally falsely earned of course but we can understand that shit earning bigger incomes than their limited abilities could ever have dreamed of are going to think they're Erchie.

The ugliness of people seeking violence for the sake of it - which included the ASC of course - are young testosterone-fuelled idiots who grow out of it.

On topic, I still have no really-excellent restaurants to recommend in Aberdeen.

There are two great well-established Italians in Alexandra Parade, Glasgow that I came across recently, the first of the two being a good pick-up tonic after the Celtic final and at least getting our bodies feeling decent for the drive home, where our minds were sick.

• 4 months later...

On topic, I still have no really-excellent restaurants to recommend in Aberdeen.

You forgot about Amore in Huntly Street. Second visit last night and once again, the food was exceptional. Literally the best pasta dish I've ever tasted. The wife asked for a glass of house wine. It was so good, we bought a bottle to carry out (I was driving).

You forgot about Amore in Huntly Street. Second visit last night and once again, the food was exceptional. Literally the best pasta dish I've ever tasted. The wife asked for a glass of house wine. It was so good, we bought a bottle to carry out (I was driving).

That's interesting. I was told a couple of weeks ago that it had closed down. That's good that it hasn't. It's a strange one, as I always forget that it exists for some reason. Must be its location. It's always been decent.

We noticed a new Sushi bar opened in Huntly Street opposite Amore. Was very busy at 6 pm which must be a good sign. Must try.

It's okay (only been in at lunch). Yorokobi just down the road is better if you're not needing a quick fix. Also, I've heard that the sushi place on Union Grove is good, but not been yet.

SooShe at the corner of Ashley Road and Union Grove is the best restaurant in Aberdeen... if you love Japanese food as we do. Went there for the first time tonight and it won't be long before we go back. It's awesome, our favourite Japanese anywhere including the highly rated one we went to in NY. Unlike Sushi Yasuda though, it's very reasonably priced. The seared Nigri and the caviar Guncan were incredible and their Sashimi as good as we've ever tasted.

Antipodes in rarotonga. Fantastic restaurant overlooking the Pacific. Good food and nice vibes. Despite the number of aussies.

In wellington, having been there for nearly 2 years, we've established our favourites so far.

Tatsushi. Japanese restaurant, and authentically so. Which is a bit unusual here and they're usually full of Chinese staff. Fantastic sashimi and good traditional and seasonal food.

Pomelo. You'd think this would be Italian, but nope, Asian fusion. Again, very good seasonal dishes and actually really well priced. Views across the city are nice too.

There are a couple of others that we probably need to visit a few more times, but for its size, we've a cracking variety of good restaurants.

• 1 month later...

First visit to Cafe 100 today in Holburn Street. Tremendous. An inexpensive place that sells all day breakfasts and paninis, soup etc. Their Columbian coffee is excellent but it's their service that is first class. Polite and they care e.g. "it won't be long" even though I wasn't in a hurry and I hadn't ordered more than 5 minutes before! You can tell it's independently owned and run. I was in between breakfast and lunch (at 1 p.m.) so got the "speedy grill", sausages, egg, beans and chips for £5.99. Hit the spot. Will be back soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...