Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Dims - SAT - 12:30

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck! What a result! Missed the 4:30AM alarm clock to get the game live, hitting refresh on red tv every 2 mins for goals, highlights, and the game!!

As mentioned in an above post, 3 things I think are massive for us and give us huge confidence -

Beating Celtic which we didn't do last year

Coming from behind to beat Celtic

Beating Celtic with 10 men

Hearts lose again and Hamilton are getting smashed by STJ, get a big win on Tuesday and the league is virtually ours ;D ;D

Quite frankly... Ronny can get to fuck. He's conveniently forgetting that should we have got the penalty that we should have, they'd have been down to 10 men. Fair enough our penalty may have been soft(or may not, my view from the south stand wasn't great) but it evened itself out.

We weren't great, neither were Celtic but it was a fully deserved victory.

0.27 onwards watch Logan, sure he is giving ra Sellick fans the ssshhh with his finger to his mouth. Good lad  :laughing: :laughing:

Brilliant result especially with ten men as well. Didn't think it was a red card anyway, both his feet certainly didn't appear to leave the deck.

He did. Also did the same when he won a free kick in the last few mins then beat the badge on his chest another occasion afterward  ;D

Remember posting on here that I wasn't overly excited by the signing of Paul Quinn, but by Christ has he won me over.

Said to my younger son with a full twenty five minutes remaining that he was my choice at that point for MOTM. Delighted to have been proved wrong about him.

P.S Six pack Collins......that enough of a challenge for you.....PRICK.

fucking superb.  never since the 80s have seen the ground go nuts like that . best bounce since charlies winner against  huns.  we are made the real stuff,  can we dream oh fuck aye.  ye sense if there Griffiths get  injured there fucked .  but enough about them its all about us the day.  we have put to bed we canna beat them fan it matters . today we showed we wanted it so much and that was magic see... we got some team  here.  now lets get massive crowd on  Tuesday my 46th  birthday so nae excuse for nae gan.  :thumbsup:  I am  away  have a whisky watch the game  again :thumbsup:

Beating Celtic vital, says Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes stressed the importance of getting the win after beating Celtic 2-1 to go top of the Scottish Premiership.

The Dons have made their best ever start to a campaign, with six consecutive victories.

And, after, losing all four league meetings with Celtic last term, McInnes was "delighted" to end that sequence.

"It was important that we see that improvement and the improvement has to come with results," he said.

"The performance was probably similar to a lot of the games last year but nobody really is bothered too much about that, it's the results that play the part in past comment.

"It was important we got the result, rather than performance.

"For us, it is three points. There's no point in doing that and then not winning the game on Tuesday at home to Hamilton so we know that each and every game presents a challenge because we're not wholly better than anybody else but we do have a confidence that if we perform to our levels we're capable of winning games.

"I think it is important for the supporters to see, it makes it more genuine and that's great, that's what being a supporter is."

The Dons were urged on by a passionate home crowd as they came back from a goal down to win, with Paul Quinn's late winner coming after the hosts had Jonny Hayes sent off for a challenge on Mikael Lustig.

"You see the atmosphere today, it was absolutely rocking, it was brilliant and that's what you want," added McInnes. "That's what you anticipate that it can be like.

"You see what it meant to them but my players were measured with their celebrations, we know it's three points and it was an important three points but it's early on in the season and we've got work to do all the same.

"My kit man said 'that felt like 20 years ago' in terms of the atmosphere. It's the best I've seen, it was absolutely brilliant. I think you could see the need and the urge from them.

"They played their part, without question, especially when we go to 10 men but my players have got that. My players play like supporters, not in terms of their ability but in terms of their passion.

"Every game we play's got the same importance but today possibly had that bit more importance on it."

Celtic took the lead through a Leigh Griffiths penalty but Adam Rooney levelled from the spot after Graeme Shinnie had been bundled over by Dedryck Boyata.

"Delighted, we get our just rewards," McInnes told BBC Scotland. "I thought we were the better team first half and then we go behind.

"But the response was terrific. I said to the players at half-time that the script's already getting written. The journalists up there'll be writing the story, 'good old Aberdeen but fall short again' and it's only us that can change it.

"No more than we deserved when Shinnie gets brought down for the penalty.

"You always feel there's another opportunity coming and delighted big Quinny gets the winning goal."

As well as disagreeing with Hayes dismissal, McInnes thought his side were due another spot-kick for a handball by Charlie Mulgrew.

"Having seen it again, my impression was that we should have a penalty and Jonny shouldn't be red-carded," added McInnes.

"It's not a two-footed challenge. If he (the referee) sees again, I'd be surprised if he thought it was a red card but it is what it is. We had to deal with it and we dealt with it."

Fantastic quotes from the manager, especially the bit about getting 3 points against Hamilton.

It's a fantastic feeling to have a team to be proud of again.

Remember posting on here that I wasn't overly excited by the signing of Paul Quinn, but by Christ has he won me over.

Said to my younger son with a full twenty five minutes remaining that he was my choice at that point for MOTM. Delighted to have been proved wrong about him.

I said the same thing about Quinn after the game, he's turning out to be a very important signing.

Just listening to off the ball.

Cowan: Do you not think that if Graeme Shinnie had joined Ipswich instead of Aberdeen he would be straight in that Scotland team.

Cosgrove: If Andy Considine played for West Ham or some other English team he'd be guaranteed a game for Scotland

Whilst Considine made a couple of uncharacteristic (on last 3 season's form) errors today, he's been fantastic. However, Shinnie pished all over Brown in midfield today. Absolute class performance, my MOTM, he could walk into that Scotland team at either centre mid or left back. We're f'n magic.

Whilst I agree Quinn had a great game Shinnie was MOTM for me. I know I go on about him being better at LB but he was a titan in midfield today

he was immense today, broke up everything and wasn't scared to go to ground to win the ball. Can't believe he isn't in the Scotland team, seems they'll pick anyone before an Aberdeen player...

Maybe I already take his level of performance for granted  ???

Then shame on you Al  ;)

he was immense today, broke up everything and wasn't scared to go to ground to win the ball. Can't believe he isn't in the Scotland team, seems they'll pick anyone before an Aberdeen player...

Surely there's gonna be a bit of a clamour for him to be in the Poland squad next month now.  Probably won't make hee haw difference but never mind.  Less chance of getting injured as well. 

What a performance today Dons-talkers.  Yeah we got lucky with Considine but the will to win just oozed through the team today, I'm sure some self righteous prick was going on about that earlier in the thread, and it took us across the line with some fervour.  I've had a few Tims tell me today we were worth the win and how concerned they are with their back line at the moment.  They are all, to a fucking man, still writing us off but that's hardly surprising.  Now let's not fuck it up against Hamilton. 

I'm with you in that, Al. The Quinn was everywhere. And he seemed very vocal as well. He was my MOTM.

I can't stop watching the quinn goal, the roar after it, unreal! Woke up with a massive grin on my face. Even better than the lynch mob are baying for blood  ;D

Consi was still the busiest player on the park yesterday, very fitting he stopped the Griffiths effort off the line. What a performance by everyone. From the team, management and fans alike.

Just to add, and I don't know if it's been apparent all season, but the Tims were fucking cynical yesterday. Perhaps it's because they were being outplayed, but the number of deliberate fouls from them was unreal. 4 bookings, should definitely have been 5 (it isn't possible to book Scott Brown apparently), but Blackett was also lucky not to be booked for his clumsy challenge on Logan (as well as a couple of other fouls), and Biton had a couple of niggly trips when he lost the ball too. Normally they just beat us by being better at fitba, but it reminded me of a Hearts team of old, or more recently ICT, with their cynical swipes. The usual level of diving too of course. Be interesting to know if they've been like that all season, or were just in a huff against us.