Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer news - Clark, Hart, Nicholson, Dobie, Bus latest

Ok whilst i agree with the thoughts on duff's ability being little or non existant did he not play pretty well last season as a link man between the midfield and strikers? or am i imagining that? ???

I always had him down as a defensive midfielder? Maybe I'm wrong.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok whilst i agree with the thoughts on duff's ability being little or non existant did he not play pretty well last season as a link man between the midfield and strikers? or am i imagining that? ???

He did.  One of my mates is an Arab and he was reasonably impressed with his performances in that position.

Not exactly ringing endorsements for Duff on a United messageboard, other than the fact he tries hard:

http://ftd.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=16908

Examples:

A player who can play shite in several posistions is no more useful than one who plays badly in just the one.

a sort-of a cross between Ray Wilkins and Rodney Trotter.

::)

his explosive, direct, style which is perfect for the counter-attack

Is this the same Chris Clark who, during our 3-2 win over Rangers a couple of years ago, was in full knowledge that Rangers had just clawed back a two-goal deficit to draw level and looked the more capable side of scoring? We had a rare counter-attack and had men flooding forwards into the box. He had a choice of about five open players to pass to so, in his infinite wisdom, he punts the ball into the Main Stand thus conceding possession back to Rangers.

Maybe Sturrock is getting CC mixed up with ZZ or Cisse, cos I'm one of many many Dons fans glad to see the back of Chris Clark.

Only thing is, who is JC gonna pick first in the team now?

Is this the same Chris Clark who, during our 3-2 win over Rangers a couple of years ago, was in full knowledge that Rangers had just clawed back a two-goal deficit to draw level and looked the more capable side of scoring? We had a rare counter-attack and had men flooding forwards into the box. He had a choice of about five open players to pass to so, in his infinite wisdom, he punts the ball into the Main Stand thus conceding possession back to Rangers.

Maybe Sturrock is getting CC mixed up with ZZ or Cisse, cos I'm one of many many Dons fans glad to see the back of Chris Clark.

Only thing is, who is JC gonna pick first in the team now?

Derek Young  ???