🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland Squad

BigAl

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Celtic), David Marshall (Cardiff City), Allan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders: Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town), Craig Forsyth (Derby County), Gordon Greer (Brighton and Hove Albion), Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Mark Reynolds (Aberdeen), Andrew Robertson (Hull City), Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Midfielders: Ikechi Anya (Watford), Barry Bannan (Bolton Wanderers), Scott Brown (Celtic), Darren Fletcher (West Bromwich Albion), James Forrest (Celtic), Shaun Maloney (Chicago Fire), James McArthur (Crystal Palace), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Matt Ritchie (Bournemouth), Johnny Russell (Derby County)

Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Sunderland), Steven May (Sheffield Wednesday), Ross McCormack (Fulham), Steven Naismith (Everton), Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn Rovers).

Somewhat ironically I personally think that Reynolds has recently been falling well short of the standards we became accustomed to seeing from him.

Ryan Jack on the other hand however, and still no chance of a run out for him.

Not having a go here, but who is Matt Ritchie ?

Will answer my own question.

Matt Ritchie is an inverted right winger.

Looking at comments on Bournemouth Echo site it seems their fans rate him highly and reckon it is our gain and England's loss getting him. English born of a Scottish father.

Only player in last night's squad not to have an international cap for Scotland.

Time to tell Chesney & Magoo to ram it.

I'm not saying I think he's played anywhere near his best this season, but that was the perfect game for him to put in to see what he can do. Greer has had a very good season for Brighton and I was impressed with him against Wolves the other weekend.  But he's 34 FFS.  No point in Reynolds bothering next time. Why risk an injury.

For Reynolds to be behind 34 year old Gordon Greer was a farce. Surely in a friendly we should have been trying out players who will be around for the long term yet we again give games in the main to the tried and tested. Reynolds treatment just reinforces my view that Magoo has far more influence over team selection than a assistant manager should have.

As for game itself I hope they have now got the message that against a team who is going to sit in 4-5-1 is not effective and that Fletcher and Rhodes should start against Gib. Anya again impressed along with Forsyth and Darren Fletcher. Stephen Fletcher worked hard but cannot buy a goal at the moment however as long as we go 2 up front on Sunday would still give him a run. Whittaker is shite and needs emptied urgently. Not sure who could replace him at right back but surely we have someone better than him.

Lastly Michael McGovern again impressed. When is his contract up with Accies?

For Reynolds to be behind 34 year old Gordon Greer was a farce. Surely in a friendly we should have been trying out players who will be around for the long term yet we again give games in the main to the tried and tested. Reynolds treatment just reinforces my view that Magoo has far more influence over team selection than a assistant manager should have.

As for game itself I hope they have now got the message that against a team who is going to sit in 4-5-1 is not effective and that Fletcher and Rhodes should start against Gib. Anya again impressed along with Forsyth and Darren Fletcher. Stephen Fletcher worked hard but cannot buy a goal at the moment however as long as we go 2 up front on Sunday would still give him a run. Whittaker is shite and needs emptied urgently. Not sure who could replace him at right back but surely we have someone better than him.

Lastly Michael McGovern again impressed. When is his contract up with Accies?

January next year, certainly better than what we have I think.

Last player to win a Scotland cap whilst on the books of AFC ?

Chris Maguire :P