Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland Squad

BigAl

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.... Only 4 Scottish based players! Surely to fuck we have more than 4 players in the SPL who could do a job for Scotland?

An one of the 4 from a 1st division side. Cannot tell me there are not ay better midfielders in the Premier than McLeod.

Agreed Al. I find myself less and less interested in the national team.

It's a tough one Jute

No doubt that Chesney has got the national team going in the right direction but I struggle to accept some of his thinking.

In recent times Reynolds, Jack & Pee Paw have all been called up but have not bvern given a chance. The way that two of them were treated at the end of season friendly against Nigeria was particularly harsh given they gave up their very short break to turn up and not see action.

Appreciate that as a professional footballer to appear for your country must be up there as a highlight but if I was any of the three and given a late call up as a result of call offs personally I would be seriously tempted to tell Strachan to ram it.

Also surprised Arfield hasn't been given a call up.

Was chatting to someone about him the other day.  Amazed he hasn't been included given he has actually played very well for Burnley.  An rare example of someone who has left Scotland and actually bettered their career.

There must be a better full back than Paterson available??  McNaughton?

Paterson undoubtedly has potential but I don't hink he's ready for international football.

He's past it unfortunately.  Looked completely off the pace when I saw him last.

I'd also like to add, I retract my statement about Reynolds. Sadly I think he seems to have lost a bit of form at the moment.  Doesn't mean I rate those in front of him higher either mind.

He's past it unfortunately.  Looked completely off the pace when I saw him last.

I'd also like to add, I retract my statement about Reynolds. Sadly I think he seems to have lost a bit of form at the moment.  Doesn't mean I rate those in front of him higher either mind.

Shame, how old is he now?

Scotland captain Scott Brown has labelled the Republic match "as big a game as I've ever played in" and reckons the qualifier will be "like an Old Firm-type game". (Scottish Sun)

::)

No such thing Mr Brown, and to think they accuse us of living in the past.