Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Independence - Yay or Nay

Dandy_Don
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Depends on what yer trained in.

Angus - 85.7%

Yes - 35,044 44%

No - 45,192 56%

Rejected - 66

Aberdeen City - 81.7%

Yes - 59,390 - 41%

No - 84,094 - 59%

Rejected - 180

Dumfries & Galloway - 87.5%

Yes - 36,614 34%

No - 70,039  66%

Rejected - (couldnt hear)

East Renfrewshire - 90.4%

Yes - 24,287 37%

No - 41, 690 63%

Rejected - 44

East Dunbartonshire - 91%

Yes - 30,624 37%

No - 48,3 14 63%

Reject - No idea

148,913 lead for no with 15 to go (including Glasgow).

Coverage was all going so well but now they have dug up Tommy Sheridan again. Can't stand this guy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life is finite. Why should I stay in a country that disagrees with me?

Thought you were passionate about Scotland.

Your proposed action sounds more like I'm not getting my way so I'm off.

Why not hang around, get into politics and try and influence people and change things.

Why the fuck would you want to move to Ireland andrew? Got fuck all going on and ruled by Brussels. Similar if not to the same situation you currently live in. You should stay to help Scotland a better place. Have to say I was disappointed waking up to the news this morning, just hope it doesn't turn out to be a missed opportunity. Can't imagine how those who voted yes must feel.

Any know of any jobs in Ireland?

As others have said look at US Australia or New Zealand before Ireland but do take the opportunity to leave if you can. Scotland is a busted flush. A region of England that will be ruled by a far right government come next May that will take us out of the EU.

Salmond has to go, as this was a winnable vote but he focused his campaign on Saltire waving, pride in our country vote, who would probably vote YES anyway. If he'd spent more time and effort showing how he thought it could be managed financially he might have swayed the borderline NO vote.

In the end, as predicted by a lot of folk, the street party YES folk were the vocal minority but as they'd been painted as a massive movement growing in momentum it makes it harder for them to take the result. Using minority here seems harsh for 45% but I guess it's technically correct.

The result realistically shows Salmond's campaign won over next to no-one as the 55/45 split was how it pretty much was at the start.

I know it's still quite raw for some folk, but I find the language used today pretty disappointing. Admittedly it's mostly just social media but calling folk cowards, traitors etc because the result didn't go your way is uncalled for. The country decided, thankfully most of the country turned out and had their say for a change, and that's how democracy works.

To abuse someone because they couldn't quite risk (in their eyes) they're families IMMEDIATE future on hopes and aspirations is not on.

I keep thinking back to the first televised debate, when Salmond knew he'd be asked about currency and didn't bother trying to provide an answer that could have shut darling up and swayed the undecided. He immediately followed this with 5 excruciating minutes where he tried to belittle the NO campaign with waffle about them wanting to change the side of the road we drive on. It was his campaign in a microcosm; we wanted answers, assurances, we got attempts at cheap laughs.

As for what's next. We all expect the NO 'vows' to be reneged on gradually in the coming weeks/months. How about we stop calling our neighbours names and use the energy to hold these parties to their word instead?

I feel completely heartbroken manc.  Sold out by a bunch of fucking cowards who lapped up all the bulshit from the media. Westminster will punish us now, they always do when we try to rebel. Truly this is one of the worst days of my life

I said exactly this earlier today. This is devastation I've not felt since my Mum died or my Dad had a serious accident.

I'm seeing a lot of people piping up with "Stop crying over spilled milk." And "Grow up" and "I've seen people spitting venom at each other over this!"

These idiots are completely oblivious to just how big an issue/opportunity this was that we've just spunked away. Even I probably didn't grasp just how big this was. To all the idiots that voted no because "If we don't get the extra powers promised we can just have another referendum in 5 years" (and there were many people saying this) they now have the country part of England they deserve.

If I was Westminster I'd give us absolutely fuck all. Why should they? I expect nothing and I don't blame them. I blame us.

Watching the No folk celebrating this morning sickened me. And they were being interviewed and they were being asked for their reasons and still all they could come up with is "I'm proud to be Scottish and British and we're just better together."

Pish. I believe they're proud Brits but I don't buy that they're proud Scots.

My Ma would be turning in her grave is she wasn't in an urn on the corner shelf in my Da's living room.

Just completely distraught, I know I'm not one to suffer long term bitterness (;)) but this is going to be a very hard feeling to overcome. There are a lot of people that I'm struggling to look in the eye that I have to rebuild bridges with. Very difficult. My kneejerk reaction is to fuck off to America too. Britain is turning into America but without the good parts like the food, roads and weather (in some parts).

D_D, min, sort me oot a job, eh.

Yours, A very disappointed Tyrant.

:hammer:

scottish_saltire2.jpg