Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Independence - Yay or Nay

Dandy_Don
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It costs less to give free prescriptions to everybody than it did to administer the system of who got for free and who didn't. You can also still pay for prescriptions if you chose to.

I voted first thing this morning and it was the first time I'd ever seen another voter in my polling station, made a refreshing change.

It costs less to give free prescriptions to everybody than it did to administer the system of who got for free and who didn't. You can also still pay for prescriptions if you chose to.

I voted first thing this morning and it was the first time I'd ever seen another voter in my polling station, made a refreshing change.

When's the celebration barbecue?

I believe the average prescription cost to the NHS (Scotland at least) is about £4 per item. So when you are prescribed standard paracetamol, ibuprofen or similar which can be picked up from the supermarket for about 50p per pack you happily get them free from your chemist while £3.50 disappears from the NHS budget.

Free prescriptions are all fine and well but they are taking the piss in some cases and I cannot help but wonder if there is a direct link with the demise with the standards in certain hospitals or the fact you sometimes find your next available GP appointment is 3 weeks away?

I have no objections with Diabetics, Asthmatics, or other long term/ permanent conditions having free or at least reduced costs for their meds but anti-biotics for a sniffle or a bug? There are people in my office who appear to be ill 52 weeks a year and chucking down their free meds from the doctor without getting any better. Dare to suggest they might want to look at their lifestyle for a cure and yer suddenly a monster.

Like it or not the Health service is a business and to suddenly remove a large chunk of your funding without finding an alternative source is going to result in cost savings.

I will happily pay for my prescriptions if it means there are a few extra nurses/ doctors around and my local A & E or maternity unit stays open.

I'll happily pay extra taxes if it results in the same thing but the default position for any politician with serious aspirations for power is to wheel out the 'we'll cut taxes' to the point when everything either shuts down or is privatised.

Vote is now cast.

funny the no campaign outside our polling both, was asking everyone to say no. fair enough.

my comment back was, in your campaign leaflets. " no thanks " to everyone laughing

whats worrying me though is the divisions in households up and down our country where no voters main argument where.

"I will sell up and move to England"  Ok I'll get your coat. Good luck with paying for your prescription and cuts to your pension oh and the bed room tax when the torries implement it nationwide. Like the poll tax

"I will loose my benefits."  My response, Get a job then

&

"I will loose my job for someone with less training than me"  So your going to be made redundant on friday morning? if that's the case SUE them. They cant fire you because you have had MORE TRAINING for Gods sake.

So has anyone else had no voters like this?

:spaz:

Re-reading this the following image suddenly flashed into my mind

Rik-mayall-Alan-Bstard-MP.jpg

Bedroom tax is a devolved power. There is also no guarantee the Tories will be in power next June and UKIP? Aye right!!

State pensions as everyone imagines them are doomed because they were created when average life expectancy was 70 at best. If you think any government can guarantee they won't be cut without increasing income tax I say you are deluded

Benefits wise I can't recall anything about this in either campaign but see my comment about pensions. Getting a job isn't the problem. Getting a job that allows you to live is.

Being made redundant and being sacked are not the same thing. If you are ever unfortunate enough to be made redundant and decide to sue your former employers please keep me informed as to how it pans out.

Anyone staying up? My head is fucking spinning atm. No idea what's going to happen but I feel things aren't going to be good.

All depends on how you voted as to whether things will be good, bad or indifferent.

Either way the aftermath from this whole episode is going to last for best part of 10 years I say. Every time something goes wrong I have no doubt someone will pipe up with ' well if we had all voted <insert Yes or No> then this would never have happened.

For me personally the really interesting part is seeing how the rest of the UK will react.

Allegations of voting fraud in Glasgow - 10 separate votes in different polling stations