Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Police investigate smoke bombs at Aberdeen FC game

POLICE were today investigating after a smoke bomb was set off during an Aberdeen FC game.

Police Scotland confirmed they were making inquiries after the pyrotechnics were set off during the Dons’ 2-1 defeat to Hearts at Tynecastle Stadium on Saturday.

White smoke was seen coming from the stand, which housed the 2,000-strong travelling support, shortly after Niall McGinn equalised for Derek McInnes’ side.

A spokesman for Police Scotland said they will scour CCTV footage to identify the culprits.

He said: "We are making further inquiries.

“Looking at CCTV footage will be a major element.

"Anyone who is identified will be subject to a football banning order."

The incident comes after both the Dons and Hearts said they would take a tough stance on any flares or smoke bombs.

Warnings were issued before the game in Edinburgh after Aberdeen FC fans set off smoke bombs during their 3-1 win over Motherwell at Fir Park, more than two weeks ago.

Police Scotland used stop and search measures on away fans in a bid to avoid smoke bombs and flares entering the stadium on Saturday.

Went off at the end of our seats where the u-12s were sitting.

sorted

Controversial, calling Ajja & Alfromsleep & their respective bairns morons........ :o

My kids were having a right rant about it afterwards! "What didn't they just cheer and clap like everyone else, I was choking daddy, choking!"

It was bad enough a few seats along and for their first game a big shock. Think it was kicked in from the row behind?

Controversial, calling Ajja & Alfromsleep & their respective bairns morons........ :o

It was bad enough a few seats along and for their first game a big shock. Think it was kicked in from the row behind?

I'm a reformed moron ;)

Not sure where it came from but it seemed to end up in the rows just in front of us but glad I took them a scarf each to cover their faces.