Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Motherwell v Aberdeen

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flood and Jack excellent again today. Hayes also had a good game again. Looking like the Hayes that played for Caley. Once we switched McGinn through the middle at start of the 2nd half he was back to his best. Again not convinced by Zola. As per last week some nice touches but overall not convinced he has what it takes. Wylde looked decent when he came on. Once we went 4-4-2 in 2nd half we looked brilliant. Actually looking forward to next week.

Thought Jack was below par today actually, which is strange for him.

Pawlett, Hayes and especially Flood were the stand outs for me.  We have so much invention and skill in the middle of the park I can't help but be optimistic.

Having said that Zola just doesn't do it for me. Poor touch and seemingly unfit. 

I'd start with Vernon v Celtic and keep Josh as the very effective impact sub that he is.

As for the complaints re the flares etc.

Our support was big in number but save for the guys on the far right lacked passion or volume.  I don't approve of the flares (or any alleged damage) but they did a superb job backing the side and creating an atmosphere....along with the well fans in the corner who were simply outstanding for most the game, shame they couldn't have kept up their support when the game was lost.

If every club had a support like 'Well the atmosphere at spl games would be transformed.

Glad I went along in the end! It was such a non-Aberdeen-esque performance. We went a goal down straight away (which maybe isn't unlike us) but despite going in at half time still a goal down we were by far the better team. In the second half that continued and when we switched to 4-4-2 they couldn't cope. We looked like we could score every time we went forward.

I was annoyed at McCall using the European game as an excuse. 2 games into the season and he's moaning about being tired? Ok a 6 hour flight is maybe not ideal but they had days to recover and at the end of the day it's still just a 6 hour flight? Strange. I thought we were deserved winners and would have won if they'd had a game in Europe or not.

I was in the upper deck (so not with the cool folk) so didn't see any vandalism happening. I saw some smoke, aye. I thought the Ultras had let off flares?

Watched the highlights this morning, looking like an epic performance! Finally seeing a team we've been waiting for, for years. I really hope they can keep this up, massive game for us next week. The team seem to have a real togetherness and as someone else mentioned, seem to want to play for DM. The signs are definitely there that we're moving in the right direction. COYR!

I was near where seats got broken, it wasn't intenional, I got decked across 3 or 4 rows after the goals and loads of others went flying taking out seats along the way, my calves are in bits today.

On the performance itself, brilliant, heart and work rate is there even after losing an early goal, we are playing with balls and swagger and teams won't like that, especially celtic next week.

I was near where seats got broken, it wasn't intenional, I got decked across 3 or 4 rows after the goals and loads of others went flying taking out seats along the way, my calves are in bits today.

On the performance itself, brilliant, heart and work rate is there even after losing an early goal, we are playing with balls and swagger and teams won't like that, especially celtic next week.

So it was you then!

One of the side effects of Aberdeen starting this season so well - and being obviously in far better shape than for many a year - is looking forward to the day when the McInnes haters can be made to eat humble pie. There is a difference between doubt and cynicism on one hand and outright rejection on the other, before the first decision had been made, before the first ball had been kicked.