Who should McInnes be keeping and who should he be moving on?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The rumour I'm hearing now is that Clangers is off (to St. Mirren) because McInnes has told him he's bringing in a new #1.

#pray

Let's hope so, that would be fantastic news.

Have to also add, i'd be happy if Ozzy stayed with the previous two departing.  Milsom is undoubtedly a good player, just never been able to show it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has announced that Rory Fallon, Mitch Megginson, Rob Milsom, Gary Naysmith, Isaac Osbourne, Gavin Rae and Dan Twardzik will not be offered new contracts when their current deals expire at the end of the month while midfielders Stephen Hughes and Jordon Brown have been informed that they are free to look for a new club.

The club can also confirm youngsters Scott MacAulay, Zach Szemis, Stuart Close and Jamie Hamilton will be leaving the club.

The Dons boss commented. "It's one of the least enjoyable aspects of the job to tell players that they won't be staying and I would like to thank all of them for their contribution to this football club. Each of them are excellent professionals and we wish them all the very best in their future careers."

Derek also confirmed that striker Josh Magennis will be offered a new deal.

Some rumours eh!

Another year of Magennis.  :

Really surprised Ozzy is being let go, think this is a big mistake.  Rae i'm guessing its more to do with the fact his legs are gone than actual ability, Milsom i feel sympathy for as the talent is there but he just never stays injury free long enough to get ten games in a row.  Very interesting that Magennis is getting a new deal, if he is actually played up front this could be a good thing. 

Really surprised Ozzy is being let go, think this is a big mistake.  Rae i'm guessing its more to do with the fact his legs are gone than actual ability, Milsom i feel sympathy for as the talent is there but he just never stays injury free long enough to get ten games in a row.  Very interesting that Magennis is getting a new deal, if he is actually played up front this could be a good thing. 

Magennis played upfront in last 4 matches I have been at including 2 starts and has been pish in all of them. He has no positional sense or ability but it seems thats okay becuase he tries hard.

No problems with those being freed as all are either shite or injury prone. Like others I am surprised that Clark is not among those being told to look elsewhere for a club.

In keeping with other I'd have kept Ossie, I know he is injury prone and therefore a risk, but one worth taking in my opinion. Interesting however that I believe his family are stil ldown south, so might be something to do with the lenght of deal he was looking for  ???

Feel sorry for Milsom, good footballer in there and was playing well pre the little ex Hun cunt taking him out at Pittodrie when he injured himself and we were all supposed to feel sorry for him. Feel he has never come close to that level since he came back from that injury, so probably right thing ot do at the end of the day.

No real surprises with the rest of those released and a fair few quid off the wage bill. Going to need a few decent signings over the summer, our midfield in particular is going to be threadbare as things stand.

All in all, hat off to McInnes, bold move and what has potentially been required for some time now.

Going to be a different looking AFC side that takes the field for pre season friendlies.

While I don't particularly agree with a couple of the names on the list, I am impressed with the bold action taken by the manager. Sends out a clear message to the rest of the squad that he's not one to be messed with, and it's nice to see the club taking decisive action for a change.

Now, some exciting replacements please. It is renewal time after all.

25 goals in 111 appearances for a centre forward?  ::)

We're Aberdeen. We can't attract the best players.

And Al.. I think he was on a two year deal but even we can afford the family bag of Skittles required to pay him off.

One player being looked at is striker Mathieu Manset. The stumbling block could be wages though but he is very much an option.

Following his departure from Sion he had trials at both Barnsley[19] and Sheffield Wednesday,[20] though neither club followed up on their interest. After another brief trial,[21] he joined Carlisle United on 8 March until the end of the season,[22] although the signing was delayed for two weeks waiting for international clearance.[23] Manset finally made his debut against Yeovil Town on 23 March, coming on as a second half substitute and helping Carlisle earn a 3–3 draw with an injury time assist.[24] He made a further six appearances, all as a substitute, before being released at the end of the season following the expiry of his contract.[25]

7 sub starts in a year......even Naysmith has played more than that.

Apparently McInnes is offering, and Josh likely to accept, contract on basis he'll be a striker only, no "play anywhere".

Great  ::)

New keeper is finally being brought in. Hope to fuck it's someone that will challenge and take over the No 1 spot.