Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dundee Utd V Aberdeen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Performance was OK. Thought Dundee United played well, better than Kilmarnock a couple of weeks ago. A bit surprised they've been doing so poorly. Draw was a fair result. Where did everyone get those seagulls from?

Also, was the referee complaining to the police about the fans? He seemed to head towards the policeman shortly before a corner and was pointing at us.

Performance was OK. Thought Dundee United played well, better than Kilmarnock a couple of weeks ago. A bit surprised they've been doing so poorly. Draw was a fair result. Where did everyone get those seagulls from?

Also, was the referee complaining to the police about the fans? He seemed to head towards the policeman shortly before a corner and was pointing at us.

Aye someone chucked a cup and it hit Stephen Hughes.

I'm certainly not justifying it.

Stephen Hughes is turning in to a massive player for us.

In fairness I knew you weren'.t

Already read the online Sunday Mail report which focuses on the incident and isn't really a surprise.

Unfortunately we have some real knobheads in our support

Just watching th game on alba. Only on the first half atm, but united didn't do much. Not much clangers could have done for their goal tbf.

Also, Anderson, what a hero. Superb tackle towards the end of the first half.

What was the possible pen tackle like? Wasn't too sure at the time.

Id have to see it again, but I was pretty certain that it was a typically fantastically timed tackle by him. Definitely got the ball and enough of a touch to screw russels shot up. His header that got saved off the line was so unlucky too. Haven't got much further than our goal in the second half yet.

Happened directly in front of me yesterday. Russell was one on one with Langfield. Anderson recovered and made a perfectly timed tackle and went out for a goal kick. Russell stood up and looked at Anderson and had the look of "well played sir"

We started well yesterday but United quickly started to get a foothold in the game and started to dominate possession and territory. Russell was very dangerous all game and gave Reynold's a torrid time. Reynolds should have done far better against Russell for their goal rather than the feeble attempted tackle that he did. Langfield did all he could really and Rankin turned it home. First half we played very poorly and was actually glad to get to half time, one nil down! Anderson was outstanding and his tackle on Russell when he was clean through was immense! Was standing right in front of it and it was a brilliant tackle, getting the ball fully. Gravesen-esque from a few years back! Very unlucky not to get a goal either.

Second half, we came out of the blocks far better. Looked like they got a rocket from Broon and Knox at half time. We seemed to get Fraser and McGinn on the ball much more and we looked far more dangerous. We really do have some utter fuckwits in our support, what was hoped to achieve by throwing coke cups and a lighter at the players? Fucking idiots. The second half was even with both teams having chances to win it. For us, McGinn was absolutely brilliant in the second half. Hughes had that chance that the keeper came out quickly and McGinn dummied it for Vernon who got a rather weak shot away first time. He should have done better.

I thought Osbourne, Robertson and McGinn all had really good games. I wonder if Osbourne had been played at central midfield, Johnny Russell would have been so dangerous? I think Osbourne could have kept him quiet or at least, nullified his danger to an extent. Robertson really impressed me, he had a very good game at left back. Good for the loon!

Man of the match IMO - Russell Anderson. Absolutely strolled through the game and as I have already said, made an absolutely outstanding tackle on Russell to prevent us from going two down. Commanding and didn't really put a foot wrong all game. Even for his yellow card, it stopped what looked like a very dangerous attack.

Also, Anderson, what a hero. Superb tackle towards the end of the first half.

I wasn't at the game but I was getting the usual "Anderson having a nightmare" texts but I now automatically assume the opposite. It's amazing how much your view of incidents gets clouded but just not liking a player.

I wasn't at the game but I was getting the usual "Anderson having a nightmare" texts but I now automatically assume the opposite. It's amazing how much your view of incidents gets clouded but just not liking a player.

Really?! admittedly i only watched the game on Alba, but I actually thought it was the calibre of tackle he used to make for fun before leaving us. Superb and a joy to see. Even at 4 in the morning I yelped with glee :D

Cheers for the match report RDU, did you and your family manage to find a boozer that was family friendly?

We really do have some utter fuckwits in our support, what was hoped to achieve by throwing coke cups and a lighter at the players? Fucking idiots.

Have already commented on this and totally agree. At times an element of our support can be a total fucking embarassment.

Anyone care to explain to a thick cunt like me exactly what the significance of the Jimmy Saville song at a Dundee Utd v Aberdeen game was  ???