Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

draws vs hivs

Better today. More like a 4-4-2 today with McGinn playing alongside Vernon and team seemed play better for it. Fraser again given scant protection from ref. Limped of today after being kicked up and down pitch. Hughges was one weak point today. Sooner Milsom is fit to replace him the better. Good result as Hibs looked a decent side and bore no resemblance to the team that almost went down last season.

Off to see Cove in Scottish Cup now.

Disagree on this, i thought hughes had a really good game today.  Overall we were very impressive for large spells of the game with a few moments where we fell apart defensively but thankfully  were not punished for.  Ref had a bit of a mare and we could have had 2 pens.  Still unconvinced that maggenis is a footballer but he did really well when he came on and it was a decent assist for rae.  Really hard to pick a mom but i would go ozzy or jack who both were absolutely superb all game.  A new goalkeeper is an absolute must for me, Langfield just is not up to the task and the defence clearly have lost faith in him

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the commentary on ESPN suggested, Fraser is just going to have to get used to brutal hacks taking him down because he is a talented winger.

It's a sad state of affairs, really. Such a talented player who is worth the admission price alone is given absolutely no protection from the relentless hack tactics from the league's ogre-players.

Sure I heard somewhere today, might have been Richard Gordon on Radio Scotland saying that already ten yellows and one red been dished out for fouls committed against Fraser and still not out of September ::)

Sure I heard somewhere today, might have been Richard Gordon on Radio Scotland saying that already ten yellows and one red been dished out for fouls committed against Fraser and still not out of September ::)

Suggests the referees are doing their job.

Great shifts today from Vernon, Jack and Rae.  Magennis substitution changed the game, I don't see any reason to play him at RB again.

Win at Killie next week before the International break, and I think we can say it's been a really good start to the season.

Suggests the referees are doing their job.

Great shifts today from Vernon, Jack and Rae.  Magennis substitution changed the game, I don't see any reason to play him at RB again.

Win at Killie next week before the International break, and I think we can say it's been a really good start to the season.

Doing their job would probably mean more of thise yellows being reds. Can't believe he didn't break his leg yesterday. Scottish fitba has to introduce retrospextive action for brutal attacks like that.

It was a very clangers-esque performance. Couple of good saves to keep us in, at fault for the goal, and generally looked lost under corners. Would love to think we'd get better but a better keeper than that is out of our league. This is actually quite a barren period for quality keepers generally.

Really pleased with the result and most of the performance. Far more nervy at the end than it should've been tho. Not got much depth but our team really is the best we've had in a long time.

After two or three poor performances glad to see us back to our early season form and get the result our play deserved for a change. Main differences today were jack at right back but more importantly McGinn up top with Vernon. Completely changed our attacking fortunes and I'd give Vernon motm.

Also good to see josh in his best position - impact sub. Hopefully build on this next week but always tough at rugby park and they just had a stunning win v hearts.

Despite the poor performances recently we have the best players and team and the most attacking set up and attitude we have had for years. On top of that we have genuinely exciting players who are worth the admission fee alone. Shame they aren't being rewarded by a decent crowd in pittodrie but hopefully if we do well at rugby park and tannadice we'll get a decent crowd for Dundee which is a full month away.

Coyr

Would like to see some better protection for Fraser. He'll not see 22 if he keeps getting skelped like that each week.

All these clogger SPL defenders are trying to "let him know they're there" each week and it's shite. Need someone to give them a retaliation hit for their efforts.

Completely agree, its why folk lose interest in the league because anyone with the slightest bit of skill gets nailed. I also see Willie miller holds the wrong view too. Referees need to get their act together, Fraser was lucky not to leave the pitch on a stretcher.

Im still surprised the crowd was so low though, really was disappointing to see.

Completely agree, its why folk lose interest in the league because anyone with the slightest bit of skill gets nailed. I also see Willie miller holds the wrong view too. Referees need to get their act together, Fraser was lucky not to leave the pitch on a stretcher.

Im still surprised the crowd was so low though, really was disappointing to see.

Especially when you look at it as season tickets + ~1,000 walk ups....

I can see what people mean about "protecting" Fraser, but what does that actually mean?? More yellows and reds?? Pretty much its saying the referee has to be biased which isn't right. Surely the ref will decide what kind of challenge merits what action, you can't give a yellow purely coz the tackle was against Fraser when you know you wouldn't have gave a yellow if it was against Vernon can you??

I can see what people mean about "protecting" Fraser, but what does that actually mean?? More yellows and reds?? Pretty much its saying the referee has to be biased which isn't right. Surely the ref will decide what kind of challenge merits what action, you can't give a yellow purely coz the tackle was against Fraser when you know you wouldn't have gave a yellow if it was against Vernon can you??

When bad fouls are given as bookings and clear reds are given as such.

Look at the way Messi is protected in la Liga, something like that.

Exactly, we should be using these skilful players as showcases for our league, not trying to "let them know where they are".  I get what you're saying DOTD but the fouls he's drawing are potentially injury causing. I can't say Crespo draws the same kind of foul. I'm surprised that there has only been 1 red card given against Fraser!

I thought that should have been a red. There where a few bizarre decisions in that game, other than that and the hand ball in the box. There was one point where Hibs got a free kick after the Hibs goal keeper caught the ball at a corner, then dropped it after running into a Hibs defender, whilst not being within two feet of an Aberdeen player, and somehow got a free kick.

I also thought Maggenis being taken down from a professional foul by the last man before a goal scoring opportunity would require a red card, even if it were a fairly soft foul.

I'm not used to watching Aberdeen play on TV but with the advantage of replays etc it seemed to emphasise how often referees make mistakes.

FFS FUCK SAKE MANC DON THE HIGHTLIGHTS DINNAE WORK!!!!!11!11!1!11

I've seen the goals again on Youtube but couldn't find the highlights. I want to see the Maybury tackle again because I never saw it properly. I was surprised at Willie Miller basically saying on the radio that Fraser was used to it. Not the right attitude I don't think.

His own team mates need to step a bit as well, why are are the likes of ozzy, jack anderson, considine rae not putting in some yellow card worthy challenges of their own on those that would try and kick the likes of fraser and hayes off the park? 

His own team mates need to step a bit as well, why are are the likes of ozzy, jack anderson, considine rae not putting in some yellow card worthy challenges of their own on those that would try and kick the likes of fraser and hayes off the park? 

This is what I was shouting out for to be honest tbh. It's something that I would have liked to see but at the same time AFC club players would probably see red for that. Someone binned Fraser in the second half and I was looking for Josher to sort him out. But then we scored.  :thumbsup:

I'm not saying some challenges weren't deserving of more, but then thats down to referees making the wrong decision. I can understand saying to the refs that decision x,y and z were wrong for such reason so in future give a red instead of yellow in these situations. But you can't just say Fraser is a better player so book players more when its tackles on him

Christ, I wish we had a better goal-keeper. Once again, Langfield makes a hash of it.

I've been very impressed with Gavin Rae this season. Scored a few goals, set up a few and is a good leader in the centre of the park. Strong and can really get up and down the park for someone who's getting on a bit.