Aberdeen v Ross County - Match Thread

Really hope for a big crowd but looks like we'll be relying on a lot of walk ups and pay at the gate to get a decent attendance, sadly won't make the sell out.

Anyway good interview with George Adams here: http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120807/ross-county-preview-_2212158_2874253

History between Aberdeen and Ross County is quite quick to summarise as we have never played a competitive game against each other at first team level and never at Pittodrie:

While the Dons have been frequent visitors to Victoria Park through the years, appearing in various friendly and testimonial matches, County will be visiting Pittodrie for the first ever time in competitive action against Aberdeen on Saturday. The only occasion that Ross County played at the old stadium was back in 1993 the Scottish Qualifying Cup Final. On that occasion they came up against Rosyth Dockyard and went down 4-1. The only other competitive game found in the club archive was a BP Youth Cup clash in 1991.

Full Record

Played 6

Won 4

Drawn 1

Lost 1

20 Jul 2002 Ross County 1 - 4 Aberdeen Friendly

21 Jul 2001 Ross County 2 - 3 Aberdeen Friendly

18 Jul 1998 Ross County 0 - 2 Aberdeen Friendly

19 Jul 1997 Ross County 1 - 1 Aberdeen Friendly

31 Jul 1982 Ross County 0 - 5 Aberdeen Friendly

23 Apr 1973 Ross County 2 - 1 Aberdeen Friendly

01 May 1971 Ross County 0 - 6 Aberdeen Friendly

01 May 1969 Ross County 0 - 5 Aberdeen Friendly

Current Competitive Form

Aberdeen

LOSS 0-1 Tims (A)

DRAW 0-0 St Mirren (H)

DRAW 1-1 Killie (A)

LOSS 1-2 Hibs (H)

LOSS 0-3 Pars (A)

WIN 2-0 ICT (A)

Ross County

DRAW 0-0 Well (H)

WIN 5-3 QotS (A)

WIN 5-1 Accies (H)

DRAW 1-1 Morton (A)

WIN 3-0 Jutes (H)

WIN 3-1 Ayr (A)

Overall their unbeaten league run goes back to the 13th August 2011 when they lost 5-1 to Accies

Their last competitive defeat came in the Scottish Cup Replay vs St Mirren when they lost 2-1 on the 14th Feb 2012

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hope for a big crowd but looks like we'll be relying on a lot of walk ups and pay at the gate to get a decent attendance, sadly won't make the sell out.

It will be fine, what would the first home game of the season be without lines of people still queued up the Merkland Road at ten past 3.

2172957214ed409dcf041d0.81768133.jpeg

Plus the weather will be nice.

Evening Express reported that only 3,000 tickets were sold for this game?! Surely this is either a mis-print or they have just gotten this plainly wong?!

They were suggesting 3000 ontop of STs which once you include corporate and away fans probably puts us at around 11-12k.  Still fewer than hoped for but reckon a lot of folk will pay on the gate

Anyway

In/Oot: In

Prematcher: 1041 crew ride again then probably up to the ground to get my free strip and some other merchandise.

Match: Back in my old RDU ST seat, looks fucking empty up there again this season which is a shame.

Postmatcher: Back down to the weeg on the train via pub, carryoot shop and chipper

Prediction: Is it too much to hope for an exciting attacking game a few goals and a win?  Probably

Prematcher: 1041 crew ride again then probably up to the ground to get my free strip and some other merchandise.

Match: Back in my old RDU ST seat, looks fucking empty up there again this season which is a shame.

Postmatcher: Back down to the weeg on the train via pub, carryoot shop and chipper

Prediction: Is it too much to hope for an exciting attacking game a few goals and a win?  Probably

Remember no longer allowed to drink on trains after 9pm or allowed to be drunk.

Prematcher: Archies

Match: Season ticket for the frist time in over 10 years but will still end up standing in Section Y

Postmatcher: BBQ then oot in toon

Prediction: Deep regret at getting a season ticket come full time.

Aye will be interesting to see how they play it.

Train gets into QS about 9:20pm so ok to have a beer or four most of the journey.  Will they come round at 9pm and tell us to stop?

Not sure I did read something about them stopping selling beer at half 8 and giving you half a hour to drink up so maybe they will make an announcement.

Bit that I think will be interesting is not carrying folk if they think they are drunk. Who will be making that decision and what will their criteria be for deciding who is to drunk to travel who is fine.

Not sure I did read something about them stopping selling beer at half 8 and giving you half a hour to drink up so maybe they will make an announcement.

Bit that I think will be interesting is not carrying folk if they think they are drunk. Who will be making that decision and what will their criteria be for deciding who is to drunk to travel who is fine.

Only time I can see it being an issue is when we change trains on our way back from inverness.  Even we won't be so pissed we can't get on the train at Aberdeen............surely

Craig Brown and his players are giving their full backing to the supporter's campaign to make Saturday's first home game of the season against Ross County a sellout.

Craig told RedWeb: "Nothing can beat the excitement of the first home game of the season and I am positive the fans will be there in their numbers to get a look at the summer signings and hoping for a good result so it is vital we don't let them down.

"The players will be doing their utmost to give the supporters something to cheer about to reward them for the unwavering loyalty they have shown towards the club, particularly this summer."

Andrew Considine proudly gave his backing to the 'Sell out Saturday' initiative and told RedWeb:

"This is a fantastic initiative to encourage the supporters to pack out Pittodrie and all other SPL grounds as we kick off the 2012/2013 season.

"The support the Red Army continue to give us is unrivalled but it is crucial they really show their backing this season, not just for one game, but for the entire campaign, as it really has never been more important"

"I have been lucky enough to play in some great stadiums and in front of massive crowds but now is the time for fans to really make a noise and show their support.

Prematcher: Train and a variety of hostelries en=route

Match: Season ticket for the first time ever, but for this game somebody has my seat!

Postmatcher: Aitchies probably

Prediction: PB for the dash to the station from the pub for the journey back to Perthshire after a 2-1 win