Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The goalkeeper situation

I was fairly surprised when I saw Langfield was No. 1 on saturday.

given his history of mammoth f**k ups, he himself must have felt pretty lucky to be starting the 1st game of the season.

Good chance for him then, to really stake a claim, show that he can win his place back.

Apart from some saves that, as has been said you'd expect any keeper to make, he didn't do anything outstanding.

He did however, go on to make the kind of error I see at my son's school games.

His body position for what can't even be described as a 'shot' was less than amatuerish.

If that's how he takes his big chance, then I'm sorry but it's out the door.

I don't care about how people perceive Jason Brown to be. he could have personally called me a pr1ck on twitter for all I care, but if he got us a clean sheet at Parkhead I'd probably let it slide.

Craig Brown isn't an x factor judge. personality shouldn't come into it before talent.

I'm not saying Jason Brown is brilliant, far from it. We all know he was poor in the Hibs semi for the 1st. but he's still got a bit of grace for the time being. he hasn't continually fucked up with every big opportunity he's been handed by a succession of managers.

Langfield has. and for that reason more than anything else, Langfield should not be starting games for us.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Brown ?@greathover32: "Morning tweeps, did not mean to rt that message last night after reading thousands and rt loads it was a mistake"

The only words I believe in that are "it was a mistake".

Not in the context he said it in though.

You don't retweet something you don't agree with, however many tweets you read, unless you are retweeting someone who has abused you.

Edit: As I said the other night... FFS, what a mess!

I don't trust either of them now  :hammer:

@btr and tf

Can't quote you guys for some reason, but should clarify that I am not seeking to defend Langfield's performance or argue that he is deserving of playing for the Dons.

I guess I am just at the stage where I actively expect anyone signed for us to be well below par!

Langfield did look like he was going to make a decent keeper at one stage, but then we thought Diamond was going to go on to bigger and better things...

I was just so shocked at the level of abuse (mostly away from this site) that I guess I sided with him more than I would have had I not read all of that. I mean, this was his first competitive game in how long? It was a proper schoolboy error, but it was only one error and it just seems some folk were waiting to jump all over him. Had he made the same mistake, but our midfield or attack had performed well and we had still got a draw or a win, a lot of what has been said would not have been. So I guess what I am getting round to saying is that a big mistake from a goalie is still just a mistake. He didn't shit in anybody's shoes or whatever, and it's not his fault we couldn't have scored with a blank cheque the other day.

We do certainly need a new keeper though. No argument from me there.

I just wouldn't have a clue where we would find one or how long we would be able to hang on to anyone better than those we already have (a problem that extends to all areas of the pitch really).

Dropping Langfield and replacing him with the twit(terer) now could be counter-productive. J Brown aint much (if any) better than Clangers and is also (it would seem) a bit of a fanny. We could end up with two useless keepers, neither with any confidence and a really, really depressing start to the season!

From the other day, but first I've spotted it.

Jason Brown ?@greathover32 "The axe forgets and the tree remembers......"

This clown needs binned asap. All about him. So what? He'll get revenge against CB? Against the club? Do one.

New first choice keeper has to be a top priority.

Because that's going to happen. We're going to be stuck the prick langfield for this season.