Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The goalkeeper situation

Jason Brown ?@greathover32: "I haven't given up on Aberdeen as I've said all along me and my family are very happy up here but if your not wanted"

Ryan Mackenzie ?@ry_mack83: "I know what you're saying but 90% of fans would have you as no.1. I think CB is showing Clangers too much sympathy"

Jason Brown ?@greathover32: "@ry_mack83 that's humbling that you all feel like that and I really do appreciate that but it's totally out of my hands"

Ryan Mackenzie ?@ry_mack83: "@greathover32 Prove to the right people you are too good to leave out, kiss the right arses if that's what it takes."

Jason Brown ?@greathover32: "@ry_mack83 I understand what you are saying but that's not me to be kissing people's arse"

-------------------------------------

Jason Brown ?@greathover32: "If only I had kept my opinions to myself"

-------------------------------------

david fowlie ?@dandyfowlie14: "@greathover32 can't believe you didn't play, hope you know your a big favourite with the fans. If there's any justice you'll be no 1 again"

Jason Brown ?@greathover32: "@dandyfowlie14 I know you guys have been great with me and I will never forget that"

I'm wondering whether Brown will be at the club on 1st September.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown is not any good either. Few of the fans been fooled by the badge kissing and throwing gloves in the crowd antics. We should have replaced both keepers over the summer.

I'm not fooled by that old shite either but he is the best we currently have and should be playing. I agree he ain't all that either but is the no.1. Defended Langfield before but that ship sailed a while back.

Some of the abuse Langfield is getting on twitter is disgraceful.

Someone messaged him and said Die Clangers.

We dont need scum like that in out ranks.

Agree both keepers have cost us games, but who is affordable  to us that does not make mistakes.

It isn't him that needs told, I suspect Langfield will be only too aware of the fuck up, it's the manager and the gk coach that don't quite seem to have worked this out.

We do however have a number of colossal cunts in our support.

Agree both keepers have cost us games, but who is affordable  to us that does not make mistakes.

Twitter is just a piece of nonsense. And morons sending abuse on it are, well, morons..........

We can all be mad at Langfield for his mistakes be sending him or anyone on our team death wishes is a disgrace.

To answer your bolded point, all keepers make mistakes, it just seems that Langfield keeps making them, again and again. He seems to get a lot of leeway from the coaching staff because he's a great shot stopper. Marvellous, except his kicking, coming from crosses, communication and general presence in the box are all sadly below par.

J Brown is, I think, a bit better than Clangers, but he's no Leighton/Snelders/Kjaer or even Burridge.

Totally agree that the abuse he is getting on twitter is disgraceful, especially the die comment which is despicable after what he went through last year health wise.

Jason Brown must definitely be away after he retweeted the following comment from @rossmatheson - "20000+ people supporting @greathover32. One person supporting Jamie Langfield. One loss. No further questions @aberdeenmad"

Totally unprofessional from Brown.

Admittedly I've not seen the goal yet, but the abuse langfield has been getting on twitter is sickening.

People like that need to get to fuck.

The goal was a total fuck up by Langfield, nae helped by defence not anticipating a short corner, but ultimately a Clanger. Totally agree people like that need to GTF.

It was Steven someone who posted the comment re die, ... by the time I went to unfollow him, the account was deleted. Aberdeen FC did tweet that they would not tolerate such comments and would be taking the appropriate action.

langfield dying chat is disgraceful, but brown should be our number one. Regardless of whether don't folk think he he should be, he is the best we have. We shouldn't have lost today, he completely fucked us today. I also heard the union jack was in appearance again...

To say to someone to fucking Die is shocking in anyway.it's only a fucking Game. Aye i'm pissed off we lost but.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

As said earlier in thread, we really do have some 24 carot gold fucking nuggets in our support.

Jason Brown needs to look at moving on if he isn't going to be number 1.  Ironic that he was called up for Wales so soon after being dropped but he will lose that position if he isn't playing. 

Langfield had no option really but to apologise for his blunder.  The abuse he got was somewhat over the top although I didn't see any of the more vile stuff.  Folk who dished it out and then changed their tune after he apologised are way too gullible though. 

Brown should be in goals next week now.  If/when he fucks up then give Langfield another chance.  Neither of these should be our long term keeper but Langfield should have been gone a long time ago.

We have our best opportunity yet to make a decent amount of progress on the field this year, and were WELL on the way to taking a point yesterday. Langfield let his team-mates down AND all the supporters.  Did no one else notice that at the final whistle NONE of his team mates even approached him??  The club asked us to back them after the Rangers fiasco which we've done in huge numbers, but how long will it be before the long suffering support again say enough's enough when Clangers constantly gets the nod even when we know that inevitably, he's going to cost us points/ games??  I appreciate that everyone makes mistakes, but I have to say that despite having given Langfield the benefit of the doubt many times, his mistakes are far too frequent for the level he is playing at, and I'd have to say I agree with some of the posts on here asking why we'd let someone who was so blase about losing 9 goals to Celtic previously, back in goals yesterday?! Admittedly Jamie pulled off a couple of crackers yesterday also, however, when it came to it, he couldn't make the most basic of blocks.

One of the things that angered me have been the comments about the Defence yesterday. The defence yesterday was the most solid I have seen it at Celtic Park for many a year, yet we still see fit to criticise them?? What's that about?? I agree that their handling of the short corner that led to the goal was questionable, BUT the bottom line is that the goalkeeper forms the LAST line of defence, so in the event that the defence do fall short, then the goalie is there to finish the job.  Definitely think that Brown has to be given the nod ahead of Clangers for the County game though.  Longer term though, we need to be bringing someone in who can be moulded. My preference would be Michal Kula, he's the Polish keeper that was at Peterhead a few seasons ago and is currently playing in Cyprus. He's one who I think, under the influence of Leighton, be a solid keeper for us.

Overall though, a great deal of positives to take from yesterday I thought. Thought Naismith looked solid, and credit to him for coming through as much of the match as he did. He's one I feel who, once up to full match fitness is going to do well for us. Was fantastic to see Russell lead the team out yesterday too, and by no coincidence, Considine looked far more settled and much more solid  in his role. Credit to Ryan Jack - 3 positions within the 90 mns yesterday and embraced every single one. His work rate was phenomenal. Thought also that Stephen Hughes played well yesterday. I still have some reservations about him but thought yesterday was def one of his better performances.