Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Celtic

Replaced my Mawene? Jesus I'm not sure Brown could have made a more negative switch if he tried. All the attacking players sitting on the bench and he sends on a useless defender.  :hammer:

Mawene was a fucking machine when he came on. Even after he came on we were still the better team and still attacking. Some of you seem to moan for the fucking sake of it. Broon tried to win the game in the second half. Celtic were really on the ropes.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you seem to moan for the fucking sake of it. Broon tried to win the game in the second half. Celtic were really on the ropes.

By bringing on a centre half?? No, not when there were a load of attacking options to play alongside Vernon who was clearly in good touch. As far as Celtic being on the ropes is concerned, that is overstating it, they were most definitely vulnerable but not "on the ropes", we didn't create very much at all and missed what we did have.

I agree about Mawene though, looked handy and by far the best I've seen him. 

Mawene did look better in that role than he often does at centre-back, but his tackle was definitely a bit on the reckless side and could have seen us down to 10, with a more card-happy ref. Especially against the OF.

I know Megginson hasn't played much but didn't think he did very much in either of the positions he played in.

Would like to see Chalali and Uchechi at some pont this season (I don't mean as a partnership, just would like to see them given some game time).

• 2 weeks later...
The Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

This weekend is the first round of fixtures to take place following the introduction of the new legislation regarding offensive behaviour at football.

I know that there has been a lot of debate about this legislation and, as a result, a lot of concerns have been expressed about the impact that it might have on people who regularly attend games here in Scotland.

My message is a very simple one. For the overwhelming majority of people who go to games, this legislation will have no impact. That is because the majority of supporters who go to games are only interested in following their team and being a part of our national sport.

Sadly, though, for some people, football is an opportunity to sing songs or wave banners and flags that are offensive and get themselves involved in things that have nothing to do with sport and everything to do with hatred.

I believe that football should be about football and nothing else. There is so much that is good about the game, so much for us to celebrate and I hope that this is what we can concentrate on in future. The Scottish FA is asking every fan to Focus on Football and this is a campaign that I am sure every supporter in Scotland can and will get behind.

Fan behaviour has changed in recent months and I believe that the problems that brought about this legislation are beginning to lessen. However, this legislation sends out a clear signal to those who still cannot drag themselves into the 21st Century. It says that songs of hatred and actions that cause offence must not be a part of our game in Scotland.

Wherever you are and whoever you support, enjoy the match.

Campbell Corrigan

Deputy Chief Constable

ACPOS Football Sub Group

Will we see any difference? Will we fuck.

Odds on the first person arrested/convicted using the new bill being a fan of anyone other than the OF?

Two Hibs fans have become the first football supporters in Scotland to be convicted and sentenced under new offensive behaviour at football legislation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17355788