Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Celtic

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prematcher: In Millertime's car  :o

Watch he doesn't speed at Laurencekirk again...........

i was doing 63 in what i thought was a 60 zone (and was only a matter of weeks ago), im a safe driver generally and not mental with speed and i GENUINELY cant recall seeing a sign saying it was only a 50 zone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1T_TjAvSnE

Daniel Majstorovic will miss Celtic's title run-in and the European Championship finals after rupturing his cruciate ligament training with Sweden.

But the 34-year-old defender has vowed not to let it finish his career.

Not been playing all that regularly but with Mulgrew away midweek with Scotland it limits their options to rest him.

The Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

This weekend is the first round of fixtures to take place following the introduction of the new legislation regarding offensive behaviour at football.

I know that there has been a lot of debate about this legislation and, as a result, a lot of concerns have been expressed about the impact that it might have on people who regularly attend games here in Scotland.

My message is a very simple one. For the overwhelming majority of people who go to games, this legislation will have no impact. That is because the majority of supporters who go to games are only interested in following their team and being a part of our national sport.

Sadly, though, for some people, football is an opportunity to sing songs or wave banners and flags that are offensive and get themselves involved in things that have nothing to do with sport and everything to do with hatred.

I believe that football should be about football and nothing else. There is so much that is good about the game, so much for us to celebrate and I hope that this is what we can concentrate on in future. The Scottish FA is asking every fan to Focus on Football and this is a campaign that I am sure every supporter in Scotland can and will get behind.

Fan behaviour has changed in recent months and I believe that the problems that brought about this legislation are beginning to lessen. However, this legislation sends out a clear signal to those who still cannot drag themselves into the 21st Century. It says that songs of hatred and actions that cause offence must not be a part of our game in Scotland.

Wherever you are and whoever you support, enjoy the match.

Campbell Corrigan

Deputy Chief Constable

ACPOS Football Sub Group

Will we see any difference? Will we fuck.

Odds on the first person arrested/convicted using the new bill being a fan of anyone other than the OF?

In/Oot: Oot

Prematcher: Home

Match: 1st Half watching on tele, 2nd half on golf course

Postmatcher: Course, Clubhouse, Beers

Prediction: 0-2, and the first arrests under new regulations......despite the bile spouting forth from the Tic masses, it'll be a Dandy that cops it ::)

Aberdeen v Celtic

OOT (Even if I was in the country)

I hate Cetic. HATE.  I object to their mis-placed, self absorbed sense of superiority. I object to the fact that we are somehow vaguely thought to be sympathetic to them just because we fucking hate the huns. I object to the riduculous prices to watch the same mediocre dirge at Parkhead as everywhere else, but with a worse view.

I hate them, and seeing their name next to ours makes me sad.

In conclusion. Boooooooooooooooo to Celtic.

All Time Records vs Tims at Pittodrie

Played 159

Won 53

Drawn 44

Lost 62

10 Year Record vs Tims at Pittodrie

Fairly terrible record against the tims at home in the last 10yrs

Played 20

Won 2

Drawn 4

Lost 14

Last Dons Win 18th Jan 2009: 4-2

Previous win before that was the 2-0, snowball, 9-in-a-row game

Last Draw: 13th Feb 2010: 4-4

Biggest Home win vs Tims

14 Jan 1950 Aberdeen 4 - 0 Celtic Div 1 (Old) 25,000

17 Aug 1946 Aberdeen 6 - 2 Celtic Div 1 (Old) 30,000

Biggest Home Defeat vs Tims

11 Dec 1999 Aberdeen 0 - 6 Celtic SPL 16,532

Highest scoring Home game vs Tims

17 Aug 1949 Aberdeen 4 - 5 Celtic League Cup GA 40,000

Last 5 vs Tims (home and away)

23 Oct 2011 Celtic 2 - 1 Aberdeen SPL 49,037

07 Aug 2011 Aberdeen 0 - 1 Celtic SPL 12,497

17 Apr 2011 Aberdeen 0 - 4 Celtic Scottish Cup SF 30,381

01 Feb 2011 Aberdeen 0 - 3 Celtic SPL 12,901

29 Jan 2011 Aberdeen 1 - 4 Celtic League Cup SF 38,085

Current Form (SPL)

Eeeek 5 draws and 3 goals in our last 6 league games!!

The tims on the other hand have 6 wins, 15 goals for and none against, and have scored 11 in their last 3 away games :

Aberdeen: Won 1 Draw 5 Lost 0 For 3 Against 2

Tims: Won 6 Draw 0 Lost 0 For 15 Against 0

Aberdeen:

DRAW 1-1 St Mirren (a)

DRAW 0-0 St Johnstone (h)

DRAW 0-0 Hibs (a)

WIN 1-0 Pars (h)

DRAW 1-1 Huns (a)

DRAW 0-0 Killie (h)

Tims

WIN 1-0 Well (h)

WIN 2-0 Pars (h)

WIN 5-0 Hibs (a)

WIN 1-0 ICT (h)

WIN 4-0 Jambos (a)

WIN 2-0 St Mirren (a)

Aberdeen v Celtic Preview

Aberdeen welcome Celtic to Pittodrie on Saturday for the early kick off. It is a huge game for the Dons if they are to make it into the top six. It also sees the country's two inform teams meeting - Aberdeen are unbeaten in eleven, Celtic have won twenty domestic matches in a row. Let's not forget though the Dons have history when it comes to ending Celtic's unbeaten runs. In April 2004 against all the odds, an Aberdeen reserve team bought to an end a 77-game unbeaten Celtic home record after a late goal from striker David Zdrilic.

REMEMBER - it is our house. Come out tomorrow and get behind the team. Tickets are on sale up until kick off. Kick off is at 12.00pm. For more information please click here

Red TV - RedTV International subscribers can watch the game LIVE. . For all other RedTV subscribers there will be audio commentary with Dave and Steven.

Can't wait till kick off? Get in the mood by looking at some classic wins over Celtic in the memorable matches section by clicking here: http://www.afc.co.uk/page/TV/MemorableMatches/0,,10284,00.html

The Managers pre-match press conference please click here: http://www.afc.co.uk/page/TV/InterviewsDetail/0,,10284~2629871,00.html

Craig Brown

Craig Brown Quotes

"Every week we are confident, since the beginning of the season there has always been a good atmosphere and an upbeat disposition at the club and it is no different because we are playing the best team in the country, in fact that is an incentive.

"We have to acknowledge how excellent they have been. There team has been fairly consistent and they haven't had too many major injuries, unlike ourselves, and I think the results Celtic have achieved has come from consistency of selection.

"They have sold four thousand tickets and there will be more local Celtic fans. Celtic are not a team that lets its fans down; they have a responsibility to the support. They will not take the foot of the pedal, that is certain, I don't think Neil Lennon would allow that.Neil Lennon is an outstanding operator and you underestimate him at your peril. You cannot fault the run he has Celtic on right now.

"Teams have come here happy to get away with a point but that won't please Celtic so they will open out a bit, that's the nature of their play. They have three of the top strikers in the SPL in Hooper, Samaras and Stokes and St. Johnstone have the other two. We managed to curtail the St. Johnstone two and if we do the same against Celtic I will be pleased but we need to get one at the other end to take the pressure off the defence.

"None of the injured players have been able to make a recovery sufficient for this game. We are waiting on two coming back from internationals, Arnason played 65 minutes in Montenegro and I do not know about Chalali yet but they're due back tomorrow.

"We never go out to defend the game and we never go out looking for the draw. We play appropriately but I don't think any team I have sent out has been sent out with a defensive mentality.

"We have got to try and win our home games. I think if we won three of them and didn't lose the others we would be in contention for a top 6 finish."

Quotes from the Dressing Room - Rory McArdle

"We are looking forward to it massively. The atmosphere that will be generated from the game, from a playing point of view, it is a great feeling to have that on the pitch.

"Their fans will be expecting a win as they always do but hopefully we can get a win on the day.

"Celtic will be coming here to win so the game may be a little more open for us. We know that we have to defend as well as we have done all season, if not a little bit better with the attacking options they have. If we can keep it tight there is no reason why we can't get up there and cause them a few problems.

"With our last two results against Celtic we have been reasonably happy with the performance but yet we still come out with nothing from the games which is not good. You can play as well as you want but if you don't take anything from the game you may as well have not participated. As long as we get something out of the game, whether it is on the back of a good performance or whether it is a scrappy game I think as a whole everyone will be happy.

"We have to win the games between now and the split. We have some tough games coming up but it's important we are focused on Saturday. We have to go in thinking we can win this game. If we are to have a really good chance of making the top six we need to win every game. There is no reason why we can't do that.

"You only have to listen to their manager speak and you know they won't take their foot off the pedal. As footballers you do not do that anyway, you go into every game wanting to play your best and win the game.

"Any win against the old firm is massive but at this stage in the season the points are going to make a big difference because of how tight the league is. In regards to momentum, it gives us a massive boost going into the cup game as well but we don't want to get carried away, we know the task that is in front.

Quotes from the Dressing Room - Andrew Considine

"I feel a top six position is still achievable. Since the turn of the year we have had a lot of draws but we have been pretty solid and have ground out results. There are five games left and three or four of them are winnable. We simply have to win games.

"At St Mirren we had three or four chances, good chances. We maybe just lacked a bit of composure but it was encouraging we were creating those chances. Hopefully we can take any chances on Saturday. W just need a break in front of goal a bit of luck or one of Kari's 30 yarders!! Big Scotty has been doing brilliant so hopefully we can create something for him.

"Gavin Rae came into the side last week. He played very well. It is a big help to the defence having him sitting in front of you giving you some protection. You also have Kari in there who has been doing that all season. I feel we have good experience in the team now which has helped us, something we have maybe lacked over the past two or three years.

"It will be an open game. When the old firm come up it is a lottery. On numerous times we have got a result, we have beaten them. Other times we have lost. Celtic are playing very well. We will show them the respect they deserve but we will not stand back and admire them. I feel we can get a result if we show the right attitude and show up on the day.

"I am enjoying being captain, even if I am just keeping the armband warm for Russell! It is easy as everyone gets on and there is a very good spirit in the dressing room at the moment."

Quotes From the Dressing Room - Scott Vernon

"We have five SPL games left before the split, starting with Celtic. We know it is going to be a tough one but the mind-set is going to be right and we are going to be up for the game, that's for sure. We know their strengths are the quality in the team all over the pitch so we have to do our best to disrupt their flow of football and stamp our authority on the game and try and produce things ourselves. This week's preparation means we will be geared to all that".