Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

x

But that's not the purpose. ??? The purpose is to trial the time to see if more people will turn up. And when you think about how many young lads play their own games for their own teams on Saturdays and therefore can't make it to Pittodrie it will allow many of these people to attend.

Personally I think they need to tackle the product and the ticket prices in that order. (this goes for the whole of the SPL premier league not just AFC football club) But I'm please they're at leats trying something to change things.

I think the real reason is they are trying it to try and find another TV slot. The problem with it being played in Aberdeen is that many if not a majority of Aberdeen fans live outwith the city and the transport system is gash. That means there is no way to head south on a train and only 10mins to get to the station for the last Inverness train.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the real reason is they are trying it to try and find another TV slot. The problem with it being played in Aberdeen is that many if not a majority of Aberdeen fans live outwith the city and the transport system is gash. That means there is no way to head south on a train and only 10mins to get to the station for the last Inverness train.

I suspect you a right with this.

Aberdeen midfielder Chris Clark insists there is enough quality in the Dons squad despite their poor start to the season.

Craig Brown's side go into Friday night's Scottish Premier League clash with Dunfermline at Pittodrie sitting second bottom in the table having failed to score in seven of their nine games.

Former manager Jimmy Calderwood, who lost his job in May 2009, this week questioned whether the players brought to Pittodrie in recent seasons are as good as the experienced players who have left.

Clark returned to the club this summer after three and a half seasons at Plymouth and he is confident his team-mates are good enough to get Aberdeen out of trouble.

Clark said: "A lot has changed. The management has changed, almost the entire squad has changed, maybe only four or five players have stayed.

"We have got a very young squad as well. I think, especially with the young players, there is a lot of quality all the way through.

"It's not fair to compare players past and present. You can go back to 1983 if you want to.

"We know we have got good players, the management know we have got a good squad.

"We just need to put a good run together and get ourselves back up the table."

Two of Brown's summer signings, Youl Mawene and Kari Arnason, have been particularly critical of the team's output in recent weeks but Clark believes such frustration can be eradicated by some good results.

"I think the confidence is there," the 31-year-old said.

"It's just frustration really - over the past few weeks people have been expressing it in different ways and obviously the results haven't been there for us.

"There have been positive signs in our performances, I think that's why the frustration has been building up.

"We have got a lot of belief we can do a lot better than we have.

"We can't go panicking, we can't worry about things too much.

"Obviously everyone has their thoughts about their game and everyone probably has their own thoughts about what's going wrong.

"But everyone has to pull together - it's times like this you really have to dig deep and show a great work ethic."

But panic could set in among the fans if the Dons lose tonight, especially with games against Dundee United, Celtic and Rangers to follow after the international break.

Clark said: "It's obviously a big one for everyone at the club, going into a two-week break, so it's important we come away with a good result.

"I don't think the performance is the biggest aspect, just getting the three points is important."

I was in the ticket office yesterday (and coincidently saw Clark leaving but that's neither here nor there) and I asked what the ticket sales were like. The lassie burst out laughing.  :-\

Then she went on and on how it was a bit slow probably caused by the East Fife result. For some reason I felt pity towards her. She seemed really lonely and I don't think she wanted me to leave. But then I did.  :wave:

The club is rotten from the very top to the very bottom.