Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

x

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In or (Milne) Oot - In

Pre-Match - Possibly Northern Golf Club with their shitey rules.

Match - South Stand

Post Match - Hame

Prediction - As usual I'm going for 0 - 0 as I just can't bring myself to be pessimistic!

Crowd - 6436

Pies under or over cooked? - Under

Weather - shite

Pitch - great playing surface. Suited to free flowing total football.

Hawk - present

Singing Section - as bouyant as ever

Foster - embarassement.

Milne - OOT!

Dunfermline moaning about the stupidity of them being asked to travel to Aberdeen on a Friday night

Just about to post that:

Dunfermline Athletic fans have accused the Scottish Premier League of stupidity for asking them to travel to Aberdeen for the first Friday night pilot game.

You can never please everyone. This game was more than likely chosen because there will be next to fuck all away fans coming to the game.

Or:

This game was more than likely chosen because there will be next to fuck all away fans coming to the game.

In or (Milne) Oot - In

Pre-Match - few drinks somewhere I'd guess

Match - RDL

Post Match - few drinks somewhere I'd guess

Prediction - 0-1 (optimistic)

Crowd - 6789

I'd play:

Brown*

Jack McArdle Considine Foster*

Fyvie Arnason Osbourne*

Pawlett

Vernon Fallon

*Clark if Captain Fantastic injured, Gonzalez if Brown injured, Milsom for Osbourne if injured.

Width provided by fullbacks who can go forward, with PeePaw roaming behind the strikers. Get the ball to his feet or whipped in to the strikers. Arnie and Ozzie providing plenty cover for the defence when Jack & Foster are steaming forward. Make it almost a 3 at the back when in possession with Arnie dropping back.

However, the team we will likely see is:

Gonzalez

Jack Arnason Mawene Considine

Magennis Milsom Osbourne Foster*

Vernon Fallon

Which is shite.

In the last 5 games for each team we have played the same teams.

Dunfermlines last 5 games: L, L, L, D, L

Aberdeens last 5 games: L, D, D, L, L

Both teams lost to Rangers

Both teams lost to East Fife

Both teams lost to Motherwell

Both teams drew with Hibs

We drew with Killie while they lost

Therefore I say we are going in as marginal favourites  ;D

They have a point. Should have been a game between two central belt teams where travel was not such an issue.

Game was picked as they did not want away fans....

"Dunfermline was one of few options that we had,

We had to balance the need to have a low profile fixture, against the need to have supporters travelling too far.

The nearer the travelling distance, the higher profile it is, the more police are likely to required at the game and that makes it difficult to get a Friday night game away.

This was a balance of trying to work who was going to be close enough to make it viable for a Friday night.

So an admission that the game was picked deliberately to discourage fans and thus make it a low attendance.

SPL logic. :hammer:

I meant this bit

Ah got you,

I simply took it to what I thought was a logical conclusion, well to me anyway. ???

They picked a game where they are anticipating that by holding it on a Friday there will be a limited number of fans prepared or able to travel to it.

If Dunfermline after the game was announced stated they would be running 30 buses to the game free of charge which were booked up you would anticipate a degree of panic setting in.

The SPL should be looking to encourage fans to attend with their match scheduling not looking to fix games where the purpose is to minimise the fans who are able to attend.

Ah got you,

I simply took it to what I thought was a logical conclusion, well to me anyway. ???

They picked a game where they are anticipating that by holding it on a Friday there will be a limited number of fans prepared or able to travel to it.

If Dunfermline after the game was announced stated they would be running 30 buses to the game free of charge which were booked up you would anticipate a degree of panic setting in.

The SPL should be looking to encourage fans to attend with their match scheduling not looking to fix games where the purpose is to minimise the fans who are able to attend.

But that's not the purpose. ??? The purpose is to trial the time to see if more people will turn up. And when you think about how many young lads play their own games for their own teams on Saturdays and therefore can't make it to Pittodrie it will allow many of these people to attend.

Personally I think they need to tackle the product and the ticket prices in that order. (this goes for the whole of the SPL premier league not just AFC football club) But I'm please they're at leats trying something to change things.