Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dirty filthy tim unwashed mink news

Kowalski

4 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Can't believe the authorities refused Hibs' request at getting everyone of the tattie munchers tested ahead of the game. Embarrassing.  

It's not really their decision though. The Tims have complied with the rules by getting everyone tested the day before the game, it wouldn't really be appropriate to go changing those rules. I'm not sure what the additional test would have provided, unless Hibs were hoping a few more tims missed out so they might have a greater chance of winning. I'm not even sure the results could have been guaranteed in time. Good on Hibs though, they got a good statement out which has cornered the SPFL, ensuring their cup semi can be postponed if there are covid cases, that's about as far as they could have got.

40 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

It's not really their decision though. The Tims have complied with the rules by getting everyone tested the day before the game, it wouldn't really be appropriate to go changing those rules. I'm not sure what the additional test would have provided, unless Hibs were hoping a few more tims missed out so they might have a greater chance of winning. I'm not even sure the results could have been guaranteed in time. Good on Hibs though, they got a good statement out which has cornered the SPFL, ensuring their cup semi can be postponed if there are covid cases, that's about as far as they could have got.

Didn't the Scottish govt say that Dubai quarantine rules didn't apply so surely in theory that would mean all those who went abroad should be isolating for two weeks? It's a question as i'm not sure what backward rules the UK are using.

The authorities (footballing and government) shouldn't have allowed the tims to go, but they're now protecting them. They should have forced them to field an u-17 team or whatever.

32 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Didn't the Scottish govt say that Dubai quarantine rules didn't apply so surely in theory that would mean all those who went abroad should be isolating for two weeks? It's a question as i'm not sure what backward rules the UK are using.

The authorities (footballing and government) shouldn't have allowed the tims to go, but they're now protecting them. They should have forced them to field an u-17 team or whatever.

They're not protecting them, they're just not making up new rules to punish them. Which is probably fair enough. They're shite enough on the park to not require punishment.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Shit the fucking bus, this has to be the best meltdown ever. It's got everything. Gaslighting, denial, lying. Has Steve Bannon joined the Celtic PR team? Fuck me, this very much cheered me up.

Lennon minkdown

Sorry Rico much as I know where you're coming from having a laugh at Lennon this is actually pretty tragic. Lennon has a history of mental health issues. Celtic actually need to take him out of the spotlight and protect him. This is frankly nothing short of tragic to be honest

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, BigAl said:

I disagree Tup

Hugely disappointed, they might just get someone semi competent in his place that doesn't carry the "melt down" entertainment value

Never liked him since he lied about being targeted at Tynecastle by Dons fans. Scottish football can do without the likes of him, he's a football dinosaur. So I'm glad to see the back of him.

Sounds like they've lined up Steve Clarke so you're right, they will improve.

On 24/02/2021 at 23:28, tup1 said:

Never liked him since he lied about being targeted at Tynecastle by Dons fans. Scottish football can do without the likes of him, he's a football dinosaur. So I'm glad to see the back of him.

Sounds like they've lined up Steve Clarke so you're right, they will improve.

Disappointing if that’s true. Not that he would ever come to us, but still, disappointing. 

I don't think you will see Steve Clarke at Parkhead.  He hates the sectarian nature of Glasgow so cannot see him ending up there.  Would imagine they will want to get their fans back on side and therefore will end up with an old head beside a former player, someone who can take over from him in a couple of years like a Larsson or Maloney.  Martin O'Neill alongside Roy Keane would also be worth a bet. 

Edited by wokinginashearerwonderland

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

I don't think you will see Steve Clarke at Parkhead.  He hates the sectarian nature of Glasgow so cannot see him ending up there.  

Absolutely this 

Get Scotland through the initial group stages of the Euros and he'll undoubtedly have options

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, BigAl said:

The same Celtic that have no manager ?

Where you hearing that Tup ?

Just a rumour that they want McCrorie to replace Brown.

I'm not sure why they would want to do that, however the same person who says this was right about Brown coming to the Dons several months ago. So there could be something in it.

Maybe Eddie Howe rates him.

Griffiths will be out of contract unless Celtic trigger an extension clause entitling him to another year on £20k per week.

So either he’s available for free or Celtic would be choosing to subsidise about 75% of his future wages for a rival club. 

Seems unlikely.