Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Hartley retires

There was an English footballer called leonard Shackleton and in his autobiography "the Clown Prince of football" he had a chapter called The Average Director's Knowledge of Football. It consisted of a single blank page.

I'd class that as generous when it comes to AFC.

He said: "There will be a new stadium and training ground in a couple of years but the priority is a good team on the park.

"You need to have that in place to persuade supporters to come back and fill that new ground.

While I agree with the sentiment, we badly need a decent training ground.  It is something that would help improve the team and who knows it may even be a factor when it comes to trying to attract a better calibre of player.

While I agree with the sentiment, we badly need a decent training ground.  It is something that would help improve the team and who knows it may even be a factor when it comes to trying to attract a better calibre of player.

So basically we are in a catch 22 situation.

Invest in the squad to improve that short and long term and then carry out stadium plans or move to new stadium which we really need to do, get proper facilites (would of said state of the art but doubt it will be of that quality) and to, as mentioned, attract better players with the facilites we have.

Wish him the best of luck.

Start off at a small club to get experience then he'll make it big later on. See him being an SPL manager in 5-10 years

Can see Jefferies leaving Hearts midway through next season after Vlad starts interfering again. With Alloa sitting top of the division, Hartley will get the shout to replace him  ;)

Can see Jefferies leaving Hearts midway through next season after Vlad starts interfering again. With Alloa sitting top of the division, Hartley will get the shout to replace him  ;)

He'd have to grovel to Vlad the Mad first, given the fact that he was one third of the Riccarton Three ;)

We have the Sports Village. Thats top notch