Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dundee United - Aberdeen (Tonight 7.45PM)

Langfield's time has well and truly gone at Aberdeen, he's fkn useless. It concerns me a lot that Brown and co are trying to keep the spine of this team together, we've fluked a couple of half decent cup runs but we thoroughly deserve to be 3rd bottom of the SPL.  I would personally release every single out of contract player and i'd probably pay to get rid of Derek Young too, total shite.

Disappointed also about the lack of progress from Jack, where the fuck is Pawlett? Injured presumably, again. I fear the worst for Saturday, not even sure why as St Mirren are shite.

I understand the frustration but we surely can't let every player go who's contract is up.  I would hope we do our best to keep Maguire and Milson and wouldn't be at all upset if Aluko stayed.  Young, Zander and Clangers on the other hand will be no great loss.  Unfortunately can't see many takers for the last three while the first three will already have folk knocking on their doors.

As for Jack, he is young and this is his first real run in the team so I think we can excuse the odd poor performance, especially when he seems to get shifted about the park alot.  I agree about Pawlett however, he never seems to have regained the spark he had when he first appeared last season, hopefully with a decent pre season under his belt and back to full fitness he will rediscover that form next year but the worry has to be that he'll be taking over the Scott Booth slot on the physio's bench.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the frustration but we surely can't let every player go who's contract is up.  I would hope we do our best to keep Maguire and Milson and wouldn't be at all upset if Aluko stayed.  Young, Zander and Clangers on the other hand will be no great loss.  Unfortunately can't see many takers for the last three while the first three will already have folk knocking on their doors.

As for Jack, he is young and this is his first real run in the team so I think we can excuse the odd poor performance, especially when he seems to get shifted about the park alot.  I agree about Pawlett however, he never seems to have regained the spark he had when he first appeared last season, hopefully with a decent pre season under his belt and back to full fitness he will rediscover that form next year but the worry has to be that he'll be taking over the Scott Booth slot on the physio's bench.

He never seems to play his position, which I believe is centre mid.

Thought it was similar to the one Commons scored against Rangers where the ball span away from McGregor.

I'd be more inclined to have a go at McNamee for the second goal.

It moved slightly, no where near as much as Commons'.  McNamee was poor at the goal too, but he shouldn't be getting beat from a shot from that distance that was at the perfect height for him to take.

Which is what I was kind of alluding to in the bit of the sentence you didn't highlight  :thumbsup:

Don't worry, I was agreeing with you anyway.

;)

It moved slightly, no where near as much as Commons'.  McNamee was poor at the goal too, but he shouldn't be getting beat from a shot from that distance that was at the perfect height for him to take.

If it moved enough to move from his fists (looked like he was going to punch it) to his elbows then he is maybe unlucky.

A better keeper would have had it covered but I can think of occasions where he has been far worse.

Don't worry, I was agreeing with you anyway.

;)

If it moved enough to move from his fists (looked like he was going to punch it) to his elbows then he is maybe unlucky.

A better keeper would have had it covered but I can think of occasions where he has been far worse.

He should have saved it. Simple as that.

Not putting all the blame on Langfield for their second. Yes he should of saved it but McNammee should of headed it back to Langfield in the first place before Conway got it.

Noticed that Langfield and Magennis dont seem to get on. Moment in the 1st half when Langfield wanted the ball back quickly and Magennis under his breath was calling him a prick. Magennis also seemed to play with a smile on his face when he heard Du du du du Josh Magennis etc.

Also got to give Badwillie some credit for last night. For the amount of abuse he was getting he just took it on the chin. He does only score while they are sleeping though

Booth hit the nail on the head, best for both parties if he left. Why Diamond felt it necessary to leave his leg out is beyond me. What a fool. On the rest of the game, I hate how we always bottle it at Tannalice, doesn't seem to matter who the manager is. I suspect we need to get rid of the usual suspects and things may change, providing the damage doesn't run too deep.

Booth has obviously seen it in both training and matches from what he was seen and he called it right. Diamond is an angry young man, can't blame him in some respects as he must be frustrated at his lack of development but it was an outrageously bad challenge and he should have walked.

Yeah, saw guys on Mad on about that. Money troubles down Tannadice way?

That's what I thought when I read a back page headline earlier today that said something about Dundee United fans should be expecting an exodus at the end of the season.